• Whatever, get used to it

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Its funny, after this tourney I have a LOT more respect for everyone in the community and I feel a lot more leveled out.
I don't feel like I can talk about Bane anymore, at least not until I go to CEO and level up a lot.
I apologize for how I was before. I re-read some of my old posts and it makes me want to cringe. Next time you see me, I'll be a better bawkz.
This post makes me want to adopt you as a community son

You have learned ;_;

haketh

Noob
Fuck I really wish I was at FR now, me and Doom could have argued about how good Bane is or not :(

Its funny, after this tourney I have a LOT more respect for everyone in the community and I feel a lot more leveled out.
I don't feel like I can talk about Bane anymore, at least not until I go to CEO and level up a lot.
I apologize for how I was before. I re-read some of my old posts and it makes me want to cringe. Next time you see me, I'll be a better bawkz.
Exactly how I felt at my first tournament eight years ago lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Man... Final Round turned from being "potentially the best tournament" to "potentially the worst tournament" real fast.

After reading most of the posts and threads, I can't help but sympathize.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This post makes me want to adopt you as a community son

You have learned ;_;
Dad? ;_;

Fuck I really wish I was at FR now, me and Doom could have argued about how good Bane is or not :(

Exactly how I felt at my first tournament eight years ago lol
I started out saying he is top 15 but not top 10 because of his MUs and some weaknesses, but after playing through FR I can understand where people come from because it really is all about your MU knowledge.

Hades

Noob
This needs to be set up like tae kwon do tournaments are, there are 2 fighters fighting in the ring and the coaches sit to the side to give their fighter advice. The thing i think tournaments need to implement is a referee like tae kwon do has. Not the exact same obviously but someone watching the game play out and the referee decides whether the rules are broken. I compare fighting games to tae kwon do because its basically the same in the way that the referee has to make decisions and if he fucks up and doesnt implement the necessary rules the wrong fighter could win and as a referee for tae kwon do i know how important it is the rules are followed. Take for example the pl issue, the guys controller shits itself (or whatever happened) and the TO has to make a decision. Now that issue went for way too long. What the TO's needed to do was make a quick decision and decide play on or king takes the game. No need to piss around going he said she said just make a decision your in charge and YOU implement the rules.

Anyway i used that example because its the same with players being heckled by spectators. Your paying to enter the tournament and at the end of the day the TO has to make a decision, now the decision TO's need to make is to allow both players an enjoyable experience and to remove all players other than one coach who they can talk to between rounds. This system i believe will work well with injustice because much like tae kwon do there is a round based system and every tae kwon do fight also runs smoothly because the spectators are at a distance that you can block out what theyre saying and focus on the match.

haketh

Noob
I started out saying he is top 15 but not top 10 because of his MUs and some weaknesses, but after playing through FR I can understand where people come from because it really is all about your MU knowledge.
The road to becoming a true member of a FGC is one of self discovery, enlightment, and getting really really REALLY drunk and talking alot of shit. If you make EVO expect a Fried Chicken run with Team Black people.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The road to becoming a true member of a FGC is one of self discovery, enlightment, and getting really really REALLY drunk and talking alot of shit. If you make EVO expect a Fried Chicken run with Team Black people.
I got drunk and compared PL's controller drop to prison rape, and its considered the best thing I've ever said. So... I think you may be right.

JDM

Noob
The hell... You're trolling me. Really?

Awwww shit, man. Thats actually really cool.
both of your guys parents had sex on the same day.

and on topic, heckling happens everywhere, deal with it or don't go to tourneys. Depends on the severity of the situation but cheering/jeering comes with the territory. If you're competing in front of a crowd expect to have some sort of interaction with them, good or bad.

I remember playing DJT in tournament at UFGT9 and they heckled the shit out of me... I didn't get salty but that's just what happens in tournament.

haketh

Noob
NOt everyone is you though. I talk tons of playful shit at tournaments, tons, if someone ask me to stop though or I don't know them I act like a fucking human being and ya know don't shittalk.

Lilith

Baebality
The whole tipsy thing is not an excuse. Also, not sure if ill be going to any other majors anytime soon.
how about someone tags me instead of just talking shit and not saying anything? >_> okay space is one thing but stopping heckling altogether? I am sorry this is come MLG golfclaps pussy stuff. I don't get in peoples faces and yell at them but yeah i do squeeze in close to try and watch a math cause I am short P:(if i am close i don't yell, or the occasional oooooo along with the room) just put ropes around to solve that- badabing badaboom. (and tell tall people to sit the fuck down) Its all hugs later on anyway as long as it doesn't get personal i think its something that keeps us not boring- (@AK Pig Of The Hut was right I am a troublemaker ;P ) I also don't mind my coach being next to me because i wouldn't want my opponent to hear what he has to say <_< which has happened to me before.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
how about someone tags me instead of just talking shit and not saying anything? >_> okay space is one thing but stopping heckling altogether? I am sorry this is come MLG golfclaps pussy stuff. I don't get in peoples faces and yell at them but yeah i do squeeze in close to try and watch a math cause I am short P:(if i am close i don't yell, or the occasional oooooo along with the room) just put ropes around to solve that- badabing badaboom. (and tell tall people to sit the fuck down) Its all hugs later on anyway as long as it doesn't get personal i think its something that keeps us not boring- (@AK Pig Of The Hut was right I am a troublemaker ;P ) I also don't mind my coach being next to me because i wouldn't want my opponent to hear what he has to say <_< which has happened to me before.
She's a firecracker

E

Eldriken

If someone was doing that to me, after the first match, I wouldn't hit "Rematch" right away. I would instead turn to that person (or persons) and tell them to seriously GTFO.

It would really start to piss me off if while I was playing I had someone chirping in my ear that Doomsday is brain dead, to do combos, stop spamming MB Venom, Earth Shake, etc.

Edit: However, there is always the option of using a headset. But still, the thought of it happening annoys me.

During my match on stream, i had some random person sitting right next to me talking shit to me for pretty much the entire duration of the match.
At the end of one of the rounds you should have "reflexively" thrown your arms out (which almost everybody has done at some point, usually at the end of a close round), and due to him being in such close proximity, he "accidentally" got smashed in the jaw with your controller.

"Oops, I'm sorry sir. I didn't realize you were so close to me."

What? There was more than enough room in the crowd. You're also a girl most guys would move if u asked them to. Instead u chose to sit right next to me....constantly talking. Im not asking for the crowd to calm down and stop yelling. Im asking that people like you that purposely want to sit next to players talking shit to them, based on what @Doombawkz said in the earlier thread, to get away from the players that are playing on the main station. Its just disrepectful.

E

Eldriken

I got drunk and compared PL's controller drop to prison rape, and its considered the best thing I've ever said. So... I think you may be right.
It was quite possibly the best post on these forums. Ever.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think Home Lee is just asking for a bit of decorum.

I remember when I played at a local, once. This dude sat directly next to me, on my right, and talked constantly. He wasn't playing me, he was watching. But he kept talking. Not the kind of talking where he's directing it toward someone, or making a point, or commenting on the match. Just talking to hear himself speak. Saying absolutely nothing. Over. And over. and over again. How do I focus on my match with someone chirping in my ear?

I think asking people not to fuck with the people playing in actual tournament isn't that big of a request.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
everyone should be de-loused upon entry to the tournament venue.

beyond that, coaching, taunting, whatever should stay legal. everything short of making physical contact or obstructing their view.

shit should be like baseketball. CORN 4 life

just because you can body people and pull off swag combos in your underwear on your comfy couch at home does not mean that you should come to a tournament and expect people to respect your comfort zone. fuck your comfort zone.

Can't handle the tournament environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.