Votes: 46 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Whatever, get used to it

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Round was my first major tourney experience. Based on what I saw on streams, I saw what i expected to see there. People in the crowd getting hype, players popping off, and drama. Now what i wasn't expecting was the amount of immaturity of certain people. IMO there should be a rule that if you are NOT a coach or teammate giving advice.....GET AWAY FROM THE PLAYERS. During my match on stream, i had some random person sitting right next to me talking shit to me for pretty much the entire duration of the match. I'm not using that as an excuse that i lost b/c the other player was better and outplayed me. It is flat out disrespectful to the players that are playing on stream and for some players it can be distracting. My match was not the only time this happened. I also witnessed another group of players sitting next to the player on stream constantly doing green lanterns lift motions back and forth when it happened in game. Really??? Go into the crowd and do that or something. What if you had slapped that player on the back of the head by accident? People yelling and what not in the crowd I do not mind b/c I can zone them out. However, if you're right next to me doing that shit.....please.....go away and sit with the crowd. I know this won't really get anywhere b/c people will probably just say "get used to it" or "yeah well other communities are the same way" but honestly I feel like that it's really obnoxious, disrespectful, and we should be striving to make our community better than the others. I know we can't really resolve the matches played off stream b/c its just multiple set ups on a table but people should have some common sense and courtesy to at least be behind the players when doing stupid stuff. That's just my two cents. So what do you guys think?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yea not to call out fox and others but I asked then to stop

They were literally doing it right next to and in front of the guy while he was playing

The crowd Being hype is cool and one person supporting /coaching the player is fine but not what you're describing

Shouldn't be allowed

Personally I don't think anyone should be allowed to get close to the players playing honestly, that includes teammates and "coaches." (lol "coaches")

I know that rooms can get pretty crowded so it's difficult to give EVERYONE room, but yeah
Yes but in the room i was at when you played on stream, the room was more than big enough for someone to find somewhere else to be rather than beside the players.

187x

Noob
Yes it should be a rule, Everyone needs their space. I don't think anyone wants a random person yapping in your ear

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Yes 100%, if you wanna be obnoxious go do it in the audience. That sucks it happened, and it is a shame because it is a what can you do kinda situation but we do need to start taking it more seriously. When I'm watching my brothers games I wait calmly in the back then after the set is done, after the handshake I go and talk to him. Mid set "coaching" is okay too IMO, but it should have a more strict rule too. Like u see 10 ppl coming up to coach one guy. At WB for example Glass Sword had just beat my brother in a game and was up 1-0. I was about to go talk to him but Darth Arma told me he's got it and I figured yea if anyone can give good advice it is definitely Arma (much better advice then me), no need for me to coach him too lol. I'm just rambling but I agree with u completely.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
It's as if people forget money is on the line. You can say we're just playing video games but at the same time people spend their time and money traveling to play and there is a prize to win. Show some respect. It's not allowed in other competitions and should not be allowed here either.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Final Round was my first major tourney experience. Based on what I saw on streams, I saw what i expected to see there. People in the crowd getting hype, players popping off, and drama. Now what i wasn't expecting was the amount of immaturity of certain people. IMO there should be a rule that if you are NOT a coach or teammate giving advice.....GET AWAY FROM THE PLAYERS. During my match on stream, i had some random person sitting right next to me talking shit to me for pretty much the entire duration of the match. I'm not using that as an excuse that i lost b/c the other player was better and outplayed me. It is flat out disrespectful to the players that are playing on stream and for some players it can be distracting. My match was not the only time this happened. I also witnessed another group of players sitting next to the player on stream constantly doing green lanterns lift motions back and forth when it happened in game. Really??? Go into the crowd and do that or something. What if you had slapped that player on the back of the head by accident? People yelling and what not in the crowd I do not mind b/c I can zone them out. However, if you're right next to me doing that shit.....please.....go away and sit with the crowd. I know this won't really get anywhere b/c people will probably just say "get used to it" or "yeah well other communities are the same way" but honestly I feel like that it's really obnoxious, disrespectful, and we should be striving to make our community better than the others. I know we can't really resolve the matches played off stream b/c its just multiple set ups on a table but people should have some common sense and courtesy to at least be behind the players when doing stupid stuff. That's just my two cents. So what do you guys think?

I'm with you. Nothing more annoying than playing against someone that smells like shit, has a crew of dipshits yelling crap to get in your head, or lots of motion in your peripherals as you play a match. MLG actually handled this pretty well unintentionally.

I'm with you. Nothing more annoying than playing against someone that smells like shit, has a crew of dipshits yelling crap to get in your head, or lots of motion in your peripherals as you play a match. MLG actually handled this pretty well unintentionally.
Hey now....come on, the whole smell thing is un called for. For some people this is a lifestyle for them. So maybe they forgot one shower b/c they spent a lot of time preparing for the major or it could just be genetics that they smell bad. Other than that, well maybe we should get on MLG's level and start handling it on a more professional level.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Couldn't agree with you more. I saw pig call out sonicfox who was acting his age or less heckling a player he didn't even know from about 2 feet. I'll call him out wheather he is the FR champ or not. That's total bullshit! I'll be sure to heckle you at CEO and loudly kid, believe it. Thing is the guy wasn't much older than he was and probably didn't have the fortitude that someone like me would to tell him to shut the fuck up. The lack of community consideration at this tournament was astounding. See my thread for more on that.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Couldn't agree with you more. I saw pig call out sonicfox who was acting his age or less heckling a player he didn't even know from about 2 feet. I'll call him out wheather he is the FR champ or not. That's total bullshit! I'll be sure to heckle you at CEO and loudly kid, believe it. Thing is the guy wasn't much older than he was and probably didn't have the fortitude that someone like me would to tell him to shut the fuck up. The lack of community consideration at this tournament was astounding. See my thread for more on that.
Reading your thread and this one about FR is really disheartening and unfortunate! I mean really. People need to grow the fuck up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.