Votes: 46 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Whatever, get used to it

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? So, you're telling me that if a player is having trouble against a certain opponent and is having a mental block, his friend, who he has trust in, or I assume so anyway, can't come up and tell him to take it easy? He can't tell him to sit back, don't stress over it, kick his ass, and give him a few pointers? Let me educate you on something. This has been legal since the dawn of the fgc. If you don't like it either don't play, or close your eyes and pretend you're in candy land. Playing a fighter doesn't mean you need to learn all the tools and combos. There is a certain meditative state one needs to be in order to do well, and sometimes people break out of that meditative state and begin to choke. How does one recover from that? Well, either do it himself, which takes a lot of practice, or have a friend/fgc player come and talk you out of it.

It's simple psychology.
I guess when i said it is okay for a coach or teammate, im presuming that if you're a friend going up to give advice then you're most likely a teammate/clan member or w/e, didn't make any sense at all right? Maybe you should educate yourself on how to read.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What? There was more than enough room in the crowd. You're also a girl most guys would move if u asked them to. Instead u chose to sit right next to me....constantly talking. Im not asking for the crowd to calm down and stop yelling. Im asking that people like you that purposely want to sit next to players talking shit to them, based on what @Doombawkz said in the earlier thread, to get away from the players that are playing on the main station. Its just disrepectful.
To be fair, I was drunk. I don't know what the fuck was going on lol. I just went with what I think I remembered.

On a personal level I feed off of it, but I can see many other players having a problem with people all in your ear while you play. If I ever did get bothered yes I would turn to them, and if they didn't take the hint I would shove them or yell. However, if you lose one round that IS a huge setback. I was trained in this kind of environment though. @Zyphox can tell you my competition mentality is pretty fucked up and ruthless.

Still some class can be had about talking shit and hyping people up. At the very least at least sit on the same side as whoever you support instead of crowding around the opponent to try and throw them off their game too much. Honestly the one rule I would like to ask for is not having to shake someone's hand before a match, it really fucks with my focus to be all buddy buddy with this motherfucker next to me trying to take my money. But thats just me.

@HomeLee1121 I wish I was there to help you out during your match. I do find a coach valuable in those type of situations especially. I believe most other games have a 1 coach rule for most of their high profile matches and prefer to keep crowding to a minimum. But pool play, is exactly what it sounds like. Sink or swim ruthless, unforgiving, and a struggle. My honest advice, and I wish I gave it to you before the tournament is to make the environment yours when you go play. Sit how you want to sit, tell people to clear the area if that is what you prefer, set up headphones etc. Do not have the expectation that the tournament will accomodate you. Force the situation to adhere to your needs. Sorry I failed you on that front, I forgot for a second how bad heckling is during tournaments.

On a personal level I feed off of it, but I can see many other players having a problem with people all in your ear while you play. If I ever did get bothered yes I would turn to them, and if they didn't take the hint I would shove them or yell. However, if you lose one round that IS a huge setback. I was trained in this kind of environment though. @Zyphox can tell you my competition mentality is pretty fucked up and ruthless.

Still some class can be had about talking shit and hyping people up. At the very least at least sit on the same side as whoever you support instead of crowding around the opponent to try and throw them off their game too much. Honestly the one rule I would like to ask for is not having to shake someone's hand before a match, it really fucks with my focus to be all buddy buddy with this motherfucker next to me trying to take my money. But thats just me.

@HomeLee1121 I wish I was there to help you out during your match. I do find a coach valuable in those type of situations especially. I believe most other games have a 1 coach rule for most of their high profile matches and prefer to keep crowding to a minimum. But pool play, is exactly what it sounds like. Sink or swim ruthless, unforgiving, and a struggle. My honest advice, and I wish I gave it to you before the tournament is to make the environment yours when you go play. Sit how you want to sit, tell people to clear the area if that is what you prefer, set up headphones etc. Do not have the expectation that the tournament will accomodate you. Force the situation to adhere to your needs. Sorry I failed you on that front, I forgot for a second how bad heckling is during tournaments.
It's all good man, i know now this obviously will never be resolved but thanks for your two cents though. @CrimsonShadow or @AK/RM GamerBlake can one of you plz close this thread so idiots that don't know how to read like @Hitoshura doesn't come in here and act like they know what they are talking about? Also im about to start saying pretty nasty stuff to a lot of people if this isn't closed and i'd rather not be banned b/c of that :p

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's all good man, i know now this obviously will never be resolved but thanks for your two cents though. @CrimsonShadow or @AK/RM GamerBlake can one of you plz close this thread so idiots that don't know how to read like @Hitoshura doesn't come in here and act like they know what they are talking about? Also im about to start saying pretty nasty stuff to a lot of people if this isn't closed and i'd rather not be banned b/c of that :p
If that's how you feel, I'll honor your wishes. Closed.

P.S. HOME LEE

Status
Not open for further replies.