What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

E

Eldriken

sorry my character doesn't get a godlike paddle, GIVE ME TOOLS DAMMIT

lol

but for realsies, tigrar has flame breath which is godlike and fangs has spin and low stab which are godlike

lunge is only good and not quite godlike
"godlike paddle" LMFAO

Yeah, it is pretty good.

Raiden
General- F+2 is a mid attack
4,4 can special cancel
B+2 is -16 on block or changed to a new string (B+2,2 with B+2 being -7 and B+2,2 being -31 on block)
B+2,4 has improved hit box
En D,F+2 is a mid attack
En D,B+3 has more pushback on first hit so second hit will connect on blocking opponents.
En B,F+3 has 2 hits of armor

Thunder God- All charged strings do more chip damage.
Slight decrease on damage scaling on some charged strings

Displacer- Less recovery on all teleports by 5 frames

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
sorry my character doesn't get a godlike paddle, GIVE ME TOOLS DAMMIT

lol

but for realsies, tigrar has flame breath which is godlike and fangs has spin and low stab which are godlike

lunge is only good and not quite godlike
Find a setup to get the lunge bug consistently and you're good to go.

Liu Kang
General- 1,1 is plus 2 on block
Remove gap in 2,2
B+2 is -8 on block
Low fireballs can be enhanced

Dragon's Fire- En B,F+1~ Blk is -5 on block

Flame Fists- En D,D+1 has less recovery

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The frame data is wrong. It's actually -14 on block, not -18.

Some characters can't reliably punish EX Overhead sword on block which is kind of polarizing in a BS way. Jason for example has to do a JUST FRAME B+1 punish. Quan Chi, Kitana, Scorpion, Kenshi, Ferra / Torr, etc. have difficult times punishing it. If you don't believe me, try doing the armor attack spaced away from the opponent at a distance Kotal players will most likely throw it out in footsies. A fast advancing overhead armor launching that has a ridiculous hitbox on it should ALWAYS be full combo punishable if blocked. There was a similar issue early in the game's life where Erron Black's sand toss in Outlaw was made from -15 to -20 because of the simple fact it as an armor launcher would sometimes be unfairly difficult to punish at certain distances. I believe this change took effect after Combo Breaker 2015.
For what it's worth, I haven't had too much trouble punishing Kotal's EX Overhead with Scorp. The only bummer is that in Ninjutsu I'm forced to use 114 (which doesn't launch high enough to get a B2 in to extend damage) or F3 where I can't full combo into a restand. I'm willing to admit that's more on Scorp than anything.

I wouldn't say no to EX Overhead being made more negative, but I think Johnny's EX nutpunch should be a bigger priority on that note. That feel when the in game frame data claims it's -54 on block.....

Wigy

There it is...
Im saying that his literally 0 on block , to get oki he has to switch sides and sacrafice alot of dmg , hell +12 isn't even good its just enough to give him something.
Is a command grab man.

His 21122 string would be a nightmare if it had free oki from it.

He already has insane corner carry, ending every string in the corner with a 50/50 or command grab mixup into +frames oki is silly.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Uh that suggests she needs meter to pressure the opponent which is untrue. Her pressure tools are strings into rekkas, ex tonfa toss and tele cancels most of which don't require meter. The changes I suggested for the characters in general are to tone down the obvious top tier high-pressure characters slightly so that the game/more characters can have some sort of defensive capability. Just because someone isn't the best doesn't mean she isn't still good at it, I mean look at Dragon and Dab consistently making top 8s now and Sonicfox even picking her up! She must be doing something right ;) Also if you look in the Tanya forum you'll find a thread by ESP-BLACK showing that Tanya can actually time her rekkas to have no gaps and still end up safe after the third rekka so that doesn't have a gap in it :p Does B12+4~rekka have a gap? Again just because something isn't broken doesn't mean it should never be touched.
No, i didn't suggest that she NEEDS meter to pressure it's just something that keeps her going, meaning longer pressure. Which imo makes perfect sense, because why not? It's not like it's Tanya specific, you got BS Shinnok with ex sparks or Lao with ex hat all plus on block and both (to some degree) serve the same purpose - to pressure or pressure more.

Dragon is a Tanya main for quite a long time now, Dab plays her and few other character and SonicFox plays like i dont know 10 characters? Means absolutly nothing beside a fact that he is a skilled player and he probably could make Goro work to some degree.

Delayed all Rekkas make them SAFER NOT Safe, depending on position and character you're facing it still can be punished. And even when some characters can't she is still - which means her pressure ends there and its my opponent turn to press buttons. Nothing wrong with that. This been known for many months now and nobody is raging about it coz its ok.

And yes imo that exactly means it shouldn't be touched - if something works fine there is no need to "fix it".

The point isn't to change how they play entirely, it's to make it so that it's not so easy for them to build meter and make pressuring require some sort of effort.
People like to say something like this and thats simply not true. She is pretty straight forward thou you still need to put some thought into it, you cant just go and do delayed Rekkas all day. If that was the case then everybody would play her and the truth is there are only like few people playing her competitively. Simply because its not so easy and she isn't that great as many think she is.

Eh? Extended blockstun does not have a point, it's a game inconsistency that should be fixed not just for Tanya but all around. It makes no sense to have it there, all it does is make a move unnecessarily hard to punish and it's worse because the blockstun changes depending on the delay and it's difficult to tell when it's finished. You shouldn't have to guess when blockstun ends.
I'm against removing it from Tanya moves since there is pletora of other moves in this game with the same problem and im like 99% sure that NRS wont address them all, so i don't want it removed just for Tanya. Im ok with that if ALL others will get removed too.

So her problems are that Cassie and Tempest are bad matchups? That's not something that means Tanya is fine, that's a problem for almost everyone... As for her D1 having "0 reach" that's a lie because there are characters with shorter D1s than her, who cares anyway when you have an 8 frame hit confirmable mid? Doesn't really matter if she's hitting you or applying block pressure she's still got the advantage half the time if you're playing right. And as I mentioned you can delay rekkas just short enough that there's no gap and you're still safe. Look through the forum and find the thread if you don't believe me.
She has more problems, i just listed those two as examples (albeit good ones). Do i have to list everything here from my personal notebook just to make a point?

Again SAFER not SAFE not vs all characters anyway and its still -on block which is completely fine. There is no point in this thats why nobody actually bothers doing it. It's been known for many months now.

I was asking for the Spec Ops buff because most of her setups are full combo punishable unless you spend meter, and Spec Ops is rarely seen as much as Hollywood. It's just a way for every variation to be as viable which is what the point of the changes were. I'd like it so you can pick any variation and have a chance.
I honestly feel that if your nerfs proposal to Tanya were come to pass she would see almost no play at all. People would just abandon her coz what would be the point if characters like Lao and Cassie would so much better then her (they are better even now, just the gap isn't that big).

Again i don't think that balancing game by nerfing good characters is the way to go. They should buff weaker character to level of the better ones not the other way around. Nerfing should be only done if something is clearly broken and that's it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
No, i didn't suggest that she NEEDS meter to pressure it's just something that keeps her going, meaning longer pressure. Which imo makes perfect sense, because why not? It's not like it's Tanya specific, you got BS Shinnok with ex sparks or Lao with ex hat all plus on block and both (to some degree) serve the same purpose - to pressure or pressure more.

Dragon is a Tanya main for quite a long time now, Dab plays her and few other character and SonicFox plays like i dont know 10 characters? Means absolutly nothing beside a fact that he is a skilled player and he probably could make Goro work to some degree.

Delayed all Rekkas make them SAFER NOT Safe, depending on position and character you're facing it still can be punished. And even when some characters can't she is still - which means her pressure ends there and its my opponent turn to press buttons. Nothing wrong with that. This been known for many months now and nobody is raging about it coz its ok.

And yes imo that exactly means it shouldn't be touched - if something works fine there is no need to "fix it".
Well you said "she can pressure you while building good amount of meter which allow her to continue that pressure", maybe I just took it a different way from what you meant. BS Shinnok is different, nothing he has is guaranteed after mb hellsparks except maybe D1. My point is that pressure is prevalent in this game and the best variations are pressure variations. Changing them to make other character archetypes more viable is a good thing, just because it might make Tanya require a little more effort doesn't mean she'll be worse and even if she is so what? Kano hasn't been touched significantly whatsoever but I'm still playing him despite him being mid tier.

The fact that there are multiple tournament players of the character is kind of a sign that she must be a good character. And when one of the best players picks her up there's a good reason for it and it's pretty apparent why with KJ.

Are you trying to tell me this before or after having went to look for the thread I told you about that ESP_BLACK made?

I'm not suggesting "fixing" Tanya, I'm suggesting toning her down slightly so her meter building isn't easy and her pressure requires more of a read than it currently does. The suggestions I gave wouldn't even change how she plays that much really, just reduce the amount of meter she'd gain for it because right now the meter build from B12+4~rekkas is pretty mental. You also didn't answer my question, does B12+4~rekkas have a gap?
People like to say something like this and thats simply not true. She is pretty straight forward thou you still need to put some thought into it, you cant just go and do delayed Rekkas all day. If that was the case then everybody would play her and the truth is there are only like few people playing her competitively. Simply because its not so easy and she isn't that great as many think she is.
But you can pretty much just go into delayed rekkas all day. It has been shown that if the Tanya player times each rekka properly there is no gap and she's still safe. That does not mean everyone would play her, that logic is thrown around too much on this site and it is untrue, you have players that are character loyalists, prefer certain archetypes of character, low tier heroes, etc. It may not be easy but it shouldn't be easy, and you might think that she's not so great but that doesn't make it a fact. Not that I'm saying she's amazing or anything or trying to say everything I say is pure fact, just that our opinions are opinions.
I'm against removing it from Tanya moves since there is pletora of other moves in this game with the same problem and im like 99% sure that NRS wont address them all, so i don't want it removed just for Tanya. Im ok with that if ALL others will get removed too.
Yeah that's the point, extended blockstun is unnecessary and it should be something that's fixed for all moves/characters. Same with things like Johnny's mb nutpunch, Kotal's DB1, those kind of moves that are hard to punish for no reason.
She has more problems, i just listed those two as examples (albeit good ones). Do i have to list everything here from my personal notebook just to make a point?

Again SAFER not SAFE not vs all characters anyway and its still -on block which is completely fine. There is no point in this thats why nobody actually bothers doing it. It's been known for many months now.
Well her having bad matchups isn't a tool-specific/design problem, it's just a general thing for anyone that isn't top 1. If you're going to claim she has problems you have to back it up by explaining them all so people have a better understanding why.

The video in the thread shows Cassie not being able to reversal flip her perfectly delayed rekkas so I don't know where you're getting that it's not safe from.
I honestly feel that if your nerfs proposal to Tanya were come to pass she would see almost no play at all. People would just abandon her coz what would be the point if characters like Lao and Cassie would so much better then her (they are better even now, just the gap isn't that big).

Again i don't think that balancing game by nerfing good characters is the way to go. They should buff weaker character to level of the better ones not the other way around. Nerfing should be only done if something is clearly broken and that's it.
Well that's your opinion, her tools are still powerful as they are now and my changes would only really affect her meter gain. Even then she still has multiple tools she can use to build meter so it wouldn't even be her worst problem. And because you get people that are character loyalists, archetype loyalists, low tier heroes, people that don't just pick the best they could. With your logic everyone would be playing Hish-Qu-Ten/Tempest/Summoner but that's clearly not the case.

My changes aren't just suggesting nerfing the top variations, most of my changes were to buff the less powerful ones. If all the lower characters get buffed to the top then top ones become lower and suddenly people will want them buffed and it'll just become a cycle of buffs instead of trying to get all characters to the same deal-with-able (that's a word now because I said so) level.
Every single time Youphemism finds his way into a topic, there are walls of text all over the place. :DOGE
I have a lot of thoughts lol.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
To the guy who said Goro has bad footsies, I just don't know what to say. I primarily the footsie game to get my opening before pressure, I certainly don't think he's bad at it by any means. Between f3, d4, d1 (especially in DF) and even f4 to an extent I think he's got no problem with footsies, particularly since you can condition people by choosing to cancel into PW, SG or neither.

Overall a slightly faster walkspeed or run speed will always be a appreciated, but is probably not necessary. As @Mortal Komhat has mentioned he has options.

His frames are good, his mixups are decent, his pokes are good, his AA is now good, his damage is good. The only minor things I'd maybe ask for is a slightly improved hitbox on SG ( I feel like it tends to whiff on smaller characters when it's not supposed to) and if I'm being greedy, slightly reduced recovery on SG and b3. Apart from that, I think Goro's an underrated monster right now.

Thoughts @Espio, @Mortal Komhat, @Metzos, @Vintagesoul?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
General:
  • Increased vertical hitbox on Scorpion, Sub-Zero, D'Vorah, and similar characters when they are crouch blocking. They can no longer completely avoid high-hitting and some mid-hitting attacks when crouch blocking.
Kano

Universal:
  • b3 and the 2nd hit of f33 no longer causes the opponent to "Low Profile" Kano's high-hitting knife throws and Commando's Choke when used in a combo.
  • Slightly decreased damage scaling on Black Dragon Ball
  • Slightly Increased downward hitbox of NJP
Commando:
  • Choke +5 on hit. Up from -5
  • Strangle +10 on hit. Up from +5
  • Slightly increased Choke, and Strangle downward vertical hitbox
  • Slightly decreased damage scaling on Enhanced Wood Chipper
  • 32 Damage increased to 10%. Up from 7%
  • Enhanced Wood Chipper damage increased to 18%. Up from 11% damage.
  • Command Grabs adjusted to no longer whiff or trade when the opponent does certain attacks. Such as Kung Lao's Spin and overhead kicks, or Mileena's overhead kick.
Cutthroat:
  • Charge Up no longer causes Kano to lose health
  • Charge Up damage buff slightly increased.
Cybernetic:
  • Can now 2 in 1 Special Cancel b13 1+3, b23 1+3, and f3 1+3
  • Multi Blades +10 on block. Up from +5 on block

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
I love it and I just really want The Robots in one character and 3 separate variations! Also Quans freaking being able to combo after skull is dumb af! If they don't take it out then scale the shit out of it like doing multiple ex Tonfa toss's with Tanya! And freaking take away stupid weird block stun from certain moves and buff normal anti airs or buff some d2's on most of the cast!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I love it and I just really want The Robots in one character and 3 separate variations! Also Quans freaking being able to combo after skull is dumb af! If they don't take it out then scale the shit out of it like doing multiple ex Tonfa toss's with Tanya! And freaking take away stupid weird block stun from certain moves and buff normal anti airs or buff some d2's on most of the cast!
Oh god yes they need to do something about the variable blockstun. Fuck it's annoying!

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I think the two things that I want and haven't seen discussed here are

Kenshi needs a backdash, like an actual one that gets him away from people.

Lasher Takeda needs meterless damage outside the corner, it's the worst in the game iirc.

Wigy

There it is...
I think the two things that I want and haven't seen discussed here are

Kenshi needs a backdash, like an actual one that gets him away from people.

Lasher Takeda needs meterless damage outside the corner, it's the worst in the game iirc.
Would also be nice to not have a just frame link of ex kunais the b21 link after is horrendous.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Honestly if I truly could change Jacqui I'd want the following:

- f2 is 14 frames startup (down from 17)
- 4u4 input changed to u4 (or timing loosened to make it more consistent)
- db1 and ex db1 have 8 frames of startup (down from 11)
- ex bf2 is -12 on block with pushback (equal to the pushback of full auto ex db2)
- bf1 and ex bf1 hit box adjusted so that it now connects against non-low profiling opponents in close proximity to Jacqui.
- second hit of bf1 and ex bf1 fixed so that it now correctly connects against opponents in the corner (see here)

High Tech:
- db2 and ex db2 have 45 frames of startup/recovery (down from 60)

Zaccel

Noob
- 4u4 input changed to u4 (or timing loosened to make it more consistent)
This, so much. It's like NRS left their most technical designer in a padded room when it came to Jacqui. It's not like it's so good that it justifies the more involved input, it's just weird for its own sake.

Is a command grab man.

His 21122 string would be a nightmare if it had free oki from it.

He already has insane corner carry, ending every string in the corner with a 50/50 or command grab mixup into +frames oki is silly.
You can jump out of every string he tries to cancel anything into except b32(which you cant cancel to tackle on block) and full21122 a you only have to read when is he canceling it and if he is completing the entire string or not , atleast make it +10 marksman and gunslinger need good enders.