What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
The only other change I've been thinking of is giving him the ability to MB his bat, which then makes low bat hit low and maybe not go away when he gets hit. This meant if he wanted to go for the super cheap stuff, he'll have to spend resources on it. The same way Warlock has to spend bar to completely set up his free 50/50 with MB Portal Stab, but to be honest, it's not really necessary.
Which is the same as ex Kunais but ppl still want it changed so I don't think many will go for this.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Goro
- B,F+1 is now +15 on hit.

Tigrar Fury
- The last projectile in EX B,F+1+BLK is now a mid.
- D,F+4 is now a hard knockdown on hit.
- D,B+4 is now a hard knockdown on hit.
I lol'd.

Other than the ex fireball last hit being mid in TF that is. That's actually reasonable and not just changing shit for the sake of changing shit.

@Espio - If you feel the need for speed with our 4 armed dude, just tap forward. Shit's mad fast and covers more ground than walking and running. His dash is also insane and even though running makes it irrelevant for 90% of the cast, it's not irrelevant for Goro.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Scorpion:

Takedown (B,F+4) and Takeout (B,F+4+BLK) are +3 on hit up from -5.

Takeout (B,F+4+BLK) is -4 on block up from -26.

Gap removed from B32F2.

B32F2 made -6 on block.

Ninjutsu specific:

F2 is -5 on block.

B32F2 is -5 on block.

NRS pls.

:DOGE

Reactions: REO

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Dualist
- Instant air Solar Flare projectile recovery sightly reduced.
- All Solar Flare projectiles drain one bar of energy from the opponent on hit. (energy = stamina for running)
- All Solar Flare projectile types drain half of a bar of energy from the opponent on block.
Can you talk about your reasoning here? Not that it's bad but why stamina. It would help his zoning quite a bit knowing my opponent can't run in after blocking a few.
- Yin (D,B+3) now slows down time slightly around Liu Kang as he heals similar to Deception Konquest story mode focus.
- Yang power up (D,B+3) does not go away if Liu Kang is hit.
- Instant air Soul Spheres recovery slightly reduced.
- EX Soul Sphere (B,F+1+BLK) now eats and negates all projectiles it comes in contact with while traveling.
Slows down time? Elaborate for me?

I like the rest of the changes for dualist

Espio

Kokomo
I lol'd.

Other than the ex fireball last hit being mid in TF that is. That's actually reasonable and not just changing shit for the sake of changing shit.

@Espio - If you feel the need for speed with our 4 armed dude, just tap forward. Shit's mad fast and covers more ground than walking and running. His dash is also insane and even though running makes it irrelevant for 90% of the cast, it's not irrelevant for Goro.
I'm pretty content with Goro's current build. All I was saying was the mobility buffs are more sensible/fair/less stupid than the aforementioned punchwalk plus etc buffs lol. I can only think of one to two real changes I'd want and one of them is related to mids hitting mid on every hit box, which is a fix, not a buff, but even then I'm not too pressed. I do really like his forward dash though.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
With the highly anticipated Kombat Pack Season 2, there's a ton of speculation on what will happen, which characters will receive changes, who will be added into the roster, any general gameplay changes, and much more. Lately there hasn't been much of any information released at all, so I think this is the perfect time during this slump to post what we think will happen or what we want to happen. And what better way than to talk about potential patch changes? I'll go first:

My wish list for KP2: (GAMEPLAY RELATED)

General Gameplay:
- Block Breakers now cost one bar of super meter and all of your energy meter

- Back Throwing has a slightly altered animation on start up

- Teching a throw no longer gives the first hit bonus

- An additional option to turn off Interactable (1+2) short cuts while keeping your button and precision preference intact

- Slight hitbox or priority improvement to all down+2s across the board

- Timer default in gameplay options set to 60 seconds

- Greatly improved netcode

Character Specific Changes:

Jason
- Read here.

Kung Lao
- Jump 2 hitbox heavily normalized (think Injustice Scorpion jump 3 before and after)

Hat Trick
- Calling hat back during travel will absorb all projectiles it comes in contact with (Think Sub-Zero EX ice ball and Ferra toss)
- Animation during hat call back in air (D,D+2) can now be cancelled into a dive kick.
- Kung Lao can now call his hat back during his (D,U) teleport by doing D,D+2 when he reappears on the other side
- D,D+2 above high hat trap now hits Overhead when called back
- EX hat call back (D,D+2+BLK) now gives Kung Lao a brief short duration of one hit of armor

Buzz Saw
- EX D,F+2+BLK now hits Overhead on the way down

Tempest
- EX D,F+1+BLK now sucks you in closer to Kung Lao when blocked

Jax:
- B2 option select where special move doesn't come out on block but only on hit is now removed
- B2 cancel advantage reduced so energy wave doesn't jail on block afterwards (this means Heavy Weapon cancel off this move won't be plus)

Sonya Blade:
- Dive kick has increased whiff recovery

Demolition
- EX D,D+1+BLK grenades now always bounce back on the corner of every stage instead of just some regardless of screen positioning.
- Frag Grenades (not stun grenades) now do extra chip damage on block

Special Forces
- B2 is now neutral on block

Kenshi

Balanced
- All versions of Telekinetic Strike (D,B+4) are now -3 on block.
- All versions of Telekinetic Strike are now +10 on hit.
- All versions of EX D,B+4+BLK now have one hit of armor.
- EX Spirit Charge is now +7 on block.
- EX Tele Flurry is now -6 on block and has it's whiff recovery cut in half

Possessed
- F4 can now be cancelled into specials on hit and block.
- EX B,F+3+BLK now has 100% increased tracking.
- D,F+4 is now +15 on hit.

Kitana

Assassin
- D,F+4 and EX D,F+4+EN have reduced recovery.
- EX Fan Sharpen now further increases chip and damage dealt from fan based attacks.

Scorpion
- F2 now has better hit detection so it doesn't whiff on certain crouching characters up close.
- Teleport cancelling away from the opponent now requires and consumes one bar of stamina. (Teleport cancelling behind the opponent will still consume two) (This will mainly help Inferno)
- BLK enhance after Double Spear (B,F+1+BLK) on hit now will always do 12% unscaled damage.

Inferno
- Minion Charge D,B+1 is now -5 on block.
- EX Minion Charge is now +7 on block.
- Minion Drop D,B+2 is now +10 on hit.

Sub-Zero:

Unbreakable
- D,B+2 and EN D,B+2+BLK ice parry now gives Sub-Zero instant recovery when a projectile comes in contact with the ice barrier.
- Performing Ice Burst while you have Frozen Aura active (D,B+3) now launches ice shards towards the opponent similar to exploding the Ice Clone.
- Activating Frozen Aura (D,B+3) while an opponent is frozen no longer adds damage scaling.

Mileena:
- Instant air sai recovery slightly reduced.
- D+1 is now 7 frames.

Ravenous
- D,B+3 is now an Overhead.

Takeda
- EX Kunais now disappear when Takeda is hit.

Lasher
- D,F+1 is now an Overhead.

Cassie Cage
- EX Back flip is now full combo punishable on block and does not move Cassie away from her opponent when blocked.

Brawler
F+2,1+3 now has slightly more advantage on hit.

Jacqui Briggs
- EN B,F+2+BLK is now -9 on block.
- D,B+1 now has slightly less recovery.

High Tech
- D,B+2 and EN D,B+2+BLK have reduced recovery.

Kung Jin
- Hitbox on jump 1 and jump 2 are reduced.

Ancestral
- Loading up a Stun Arrow no longer has a timer.

Shaolin
- EX Low Chakram now always has a one frame gap after it passes through the opponent and comes back up close.

Bojutsu
- EX Bo Flame (D,B+1+BLK) now travels much slower and eats all projectiles it comes in contact with.

Tanya
- Teleporting backwards now has frames of invincibility when Tanya disappears.

Kobu Jutsu
- EX Boomerang now always has a one frame gap when it passes through the opponent and comes back up close.
- All Rekkas (including the EX versions) no longer build meter on block.

Pyromancer
- D,B+1 fireball has greatly reduced whiff recovery.
- D,F+1 fireball has reduced recovery.
- EX air fireballs now hit Overhead and Tanya can perform an air teleport while recovering. (this will create new potential combos vs a grounded opponent being hit by EX air fireball and then teleport cancelling into them)
- EX D,F+2+BLK now restands an airborne opponent.

Dragon Naginata
- D+B+2 is now 9 frames.
- EX B,F+2+BLK now has one hit of armor during the beginning attack frames.

Predator

Hish-Qu-Ten
- 2% overall damage reduction on all and every single plasma laser attack. (This furthur reduces all of his combos using laser attacks. This effectively lowers the chip damage on all of his laser attacks. This also effectively cuts EX laser damage output both on hit and in chip almost by half.)

Warrior
- B,F+1 is now -1 on block.
- B,F+1 now launches for a full combo on hit.
- All versions of D,B+2 (not including aerial version) have less recovery on whiff similar to Takeda's B,F+4.
- EX Self-Destruct now has one hit of armor and less recovery.

Hunter
- Medkit Healing (D,D+1) now only requires and consumes one bar of stamina.

Shinnok
- Amulet Strike (B,F+1)has lessened recovery when negating a projectile attack.

Necromancer
- All forms of Judgement fist (D,B+1) can now be two in oned from normals on hit.

Johnny Cage

Fisticuffs
- Fist Bump (B,F+1) recovers quicker.
- B+1 now has 9 frames of start-up.

A-List
- F3 dash cancels are now +10 instead of +12 to prevent guaranteed block loops.

Erron Black
- Caltrops no longer grant the first hit of bonus meter.
- Caltrops will no longer kill an opponent who is in danger. (EX Caltrops still will)

Liu Kang

Dragon Fire
- F+2,1,3 fireball cancel is now +9 instead of +11 to prevent guaranteed block loops.

Dualist
- Instant air Solar Flare projectile recovery sightly reduced.
- All Solar Flare projectiles drain one bar of energy from the opponent on hit. (energy = stamina for running)
- All Solar Flare projectile types drain half of a bar of energy from the opponent on block.
- Yin (D,B+3) now slows down time slightly around Liu Kang as he heals similar to Deception Konquest story mode focus.
- Yang power up (D,B+3) does not go away if Liu Kang is hit.
- Instant air Soul Spheres recovery slightly reduced.
- EX Soul Sphere (B,F+1+BLK) now eats and negates all projectiles it comes in contact with while traveling.

Ermac
- D,B+2 is now safer on block.

Mystic
- B,F+2 is now -13 on block.
- EN B,F+2+BLK no longer gives the opponent super meter while being hit by this attack.

Master of Souls
- EX D,B+3+BLK recovers much quicker when done on the ground similar to Mileena's EX Fade.

Kotal Kahn

War God
- EX D,B+1+BLK is now -20 on block instead of -14. (Think Erron Black pre patch sand toss VS post patch sand toss)

Blood God
- D,B+3 totem no longer causes the opponent to gain any super meter when hit by Kotal Kahn's attacks.

Reptile

Deceptive
- EX D,D+3+BLK no longer has a hit of armor but now has projectile immunity in place for the frames where it did have armor.

D'Vorah

Swarm Queen
- F+1,1,2 Wasp Grenade cancel is now +11 instead of +12 to prevent guaranteed block loops.

Raiden
- Hitbox has been increased on both hits of B+1,1 so it can no longer be low profiled by any character.

Master of Storms
- All versions of summoning traps have slightly improved recovery.
- Summoning traps no longer has a set timer where the orb will disappear after some time.
- The hitbox for tethered electric current between two orbs has been increased so it can no longer be low profiled by any character.
- Any projectile that comes in contact with the hitbox of the tethered electric current between two orbs will be negated.

Quan Chi

Summoner
- All Bat based attacks now cause and have increased damage scaling.
- Quan Chi can only summon the bat once while during a combo.

Sorcerer
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now has greatly reduced recovery.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now has a bigger area of effect.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes all skull type projectiles and runes to drain super meter on block.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now slightly reduces the recovery of a skull projectile done in the air when landing.

Goro
- B,F+1 is now +15 on hit.

Tigrar Fury
- The last projectile in EX B,F+1+BLK is now a mid.
- D,F+4 is now a hard knockdown on hit.
- D,B+4 is now a hard knockdown on hit.

Tremor
- EX D,D+4+BLK damage decreased to 10%.

Crystalline
- All versions of EX D,B+1+BLK are no longer advantage on block.

Post what you guys think will happen or what changes you want to happen for KP2 here.
predator & shinnok changes MUST happen

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Reading through this thread I see people saying Cassie has options to make her 50/50's safe without EX flip kick so nerf it, what are they? I'm interested in what people have found that I don't know about.

Sir, we need to discuss this. Ex hammer is like 24 frames or 22 or something. It's in the twenties. So in order for it to jail on block his d+1 needs to be like +17 or +18 and do you really think it's a good idea that any character has a d+1 that's + on block or let alone that +.

I understand that you're new but just think about my statement and possibly relook at your balance list.
I considered not putting that one on there because I didn't know the logic entirely behind it, I just threw it in because Tom Brady said he thought that or something like that was a good idea. I was thinking though that they should speed up the EX hammer to be about 18 frames instead of 28, so after a blocked d1 there's no way they can jump out or poke back. They'd have to either block the hammer, maybe backdash, or quickly armor break it if they can. That's not the same as jailing on block I know, I was just using Tom's words. As for the rest of my changes I'm pretty confident in them.

Last edited:

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Don't worry i hate all Jax players equally ! ( even tho there's a minor buff in there )

What's worse the 8 frame s1 or cancellable b2?
They both suck equally bad, but a cancellable makes HW just way better than PU or HW because they can cancel and confirm it rather than spending meter to kill themselves when those variations of Jax don't build as much meter as HW anyway lol

Only thing worthy of your gif in my requests is the d1 jailing with EX hammer buff, but I just explained that so it should seem reasonable now. And for the shatter being an overhead I'll edit that out. At first I thought it would be useless as a mixup tool because of how reactable it is, but I forgot about the EX shatter.

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I'm pretty content with Goro's current build. All I was saying was the mobility buffs are more sensible/fair/less stupid than the aforementioned punchwalk plus etc buffs lol. I can only think of one to two real changes I'd want and one of them is related to mids hitting mid on every hit box, which is a fix, not a buff, but even then I'm not too pressed. I do really like his forward dash though.
I only want ONE thing.

Tigrar Fury :
Far Fireball now reaches full screen
New Move : Mid Fireball, dd4, reaches at the distance current Far Fireball does.

Schuyler

Noob
If your going to make EX flip kick unsafe shes going to become another ermac. If you really want her like that then give her a damage buff and faster start up on bf1.

How about ex back dash? Instead of using meter, it'll take stamina like run cancels.

Regular back dashes won't have invincibility but ex back dash will.

REO

Undead
So the issue with that jax nerf is that you are now making Heavy Weapons the better variation of the 3. Think when Erron Blacks Command Grab got nerfed. Heavy weapons would still be able to Cancel on hit and on block and get a combo or be safe. B2 is already unsafe on block. Being able to cancel it Into safe specials is kinda dumb.
Since his B+2 would have it's cancel advantage reduced significantly his Heavy Weapon cancels wouldn't be plus off B+2. And what character really punishes Jax for consistently blocking B+2 aside from Kung Lao and Reptile? And even then, B+2 can still be made safe against those two characters by spacing B+2. I think it adds a layer of depth regarding B+2 instead of the current "just do B+2 and mash out super unsafe special because it doesn't matter and won't come out on block". Jacqui received the same treatment with her old B+2. Non Heavy Weapon Jax variations would have the mind game follow up with his projectile for plus frames off B+2. Wrestler would be able to tick throw off B+2 and it would work on both hit and block similar to Jason's F+2~command grab (assuming all the frames are adjusted accordingly).

@YOMI REO Why do you want War God's EX db1 to be -20 instead of -14 (it says in-game that it's -18, but I guess that's wrong)? Is it so it's more consistently punishable by the cast?
What's the purpose of an ex db1 nerf for War God? Everyone can already punish it. At least at -14v you actually have to be paying attention. Kotal is fine as is. In fact, i would add slightly more time to the damage buff he gets from parry, i would double it. At this point it doesn't even last through the throw animation.

Erron caltrops not killing is absolute bs. All area damage stuff in the game kills, sunlight kills, orbs kill, noxious gas kills. Why should regular caltrops be treated differently?
The frame data is wrong. It's actually -14 on block, not -18.

Some characters can't reliably punish EX Overhead sword on block which is kind of polarizing in a BS way. Jason for example has to do a JUST FRAME B+1 punish. Quan Chi, Kitana, Scorpion, Kenshi, Ferra / Torr, etc. have difficult times punishing it. If you don't believe me, try doing the armor attack spaced away from the opponent at a distance Kotal players will most likely throw it out in footsies. A fast advancing overhead armor launching that has a ridiculous hitbox on it should ALWAYS be full combo punishable if blocked. There was a similar issue early in the game's life where Erron Black's sand toss in Outlaw was made from -15 to -20 because of the simple fact it as an armor launcher would sometimes be unfairly difficult to punish at certain distances. I believe this change took effect after Combo Breaker 2015.

Liu would probably armour break you and still catch back dashes at +9 I think.

Also, the whole reducing of Laos jumping hitbox would possibly give him some of the shitter jump attacks, it's good now, but only at max range. ( which is where most people complain about it without actually studying the moves strength and weakness).
Yeah, Liu probably would. But at least it would give some characters the option to armor out like Cassie, use invincible attacks, X-Ray, etc. The whole point of the 1 frame changes to the run cancel characters were to give some sort of added option, not really change how dominating or suffocating they are up close because they're probably just gonna end up being the same, lol.

Kung Lao's jump 3 is one of the best jump kicks in the game. And he's one of the incredibly low amount of characters that can armor break most armor attacks in the game by confirming aerial attacks into his dive kick for full combos which is pretty huge for his aerial dominance. And no one is saying there's no counters to J2. Of course characters can run under and whiff punish, or run under uppercut, or some even have the luxury of whiff punishing. Everything has counters in this game. Even pre patch Raiden, pre patch Tanya, pre patch Shinnok, etc. but that doesn't justify something being unfair just for the sake of it being so.

Considering the range on it, why do you say 7f and not 6f?
I think that would be a little too much for the small grappler characters (Jason, Torr, Goro) who have to approach Mileena and then deal with her being JUST as fast as them up close, not to mention also including her evasiveness and low profiling abilities. Her 7 frame D1 would still make her faster than more than half of the cast up close.

Deceptive needs no changes though. Is he really giving people that much trouble now? Or is it just D3,B2 true block string online troll shenanigans?
I think EX invisible is too cheap of a move. It literally gives Reptile insane block advantage on strings, almost instantaneous armor, incredibly good recovery, can be used as a parry, is a valuable wake-up, turns Reptile fully invincible, makes Reptile take no chip or damage for the initial hit, etc. This all seems like something that would be given to an X-Ray attack and not something so commonly accessible for one bar and very easy to obtain. I'm not sure why there aren't more Deceptive Reptile players in tournament, but this character is insanely scary now, especially in the right hands.

My change would nerf the armor aspect of the move but Reptile would also retain all of the other perks of using EX invisibility. He would also receive projectile immunity as a trade off for the armor so if a character launches a projectile at you, you can activate EX invisibility and negate the projectile and be unscathed like nothing happened. I think it's a fair trade off, IMO.

Can you talk about your reasoning here? Not that it's bad but why stamina. It would help his zoning quite a bit knowing my opponent can't run in after blocking a few.

Slows down time? Elaborate for me?
I feel like Light Stance offers nothing but healing and slow fireballs that have no real reward. Instead of making the fireballs faster and better in frames so it doesn't resemble a generic counterpart of his other variation fireballs, having them drain stamina on hit and block would not only be unique to the variation, but also aid the healing concept this stance provides.

Think about it, you could end a combo in a Solar Flare fireball and then drain one bar of stamina from your opponent. Then on their knockdown you can launch a meaty Solar Flare fireball so they have to block it on their wake up. This would also further reduce their stamina on block essentially leaving them with only 25% of their entire stamina bar. This means now you don't have to worry about them running towards you (because it requires at least 1 stamina bar to run) and you can choose to zone carefully with your slow fireballs or enter HEALING mode which will allow you to recover a bit more of health since they can't just run towards you.

As far as regarding the slows down time with Healing, think of Injustice Flash trait but ONLY when you're in Liu Kang's healing animation. Liu Kang would move at normal speed (healing animation wise) and recover health at a normal pace, but everything around you (including the opponent) is slowed down similar to Flash's trait slow down.

If your going to make EX flip kick unsafe shes going to become another ermac. If you really want her like that then give her a damage buff and faster start up on bf1.
I don't really think Ermac and Cassie are that similar of a character, IMO.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Since his B+2 would have it's cancel advantage reduced significantly his Heavy Weapon cancels wouldn't be plus off B+2. And what character really punishes Jax for consistently blocking B+2 aside from Kung Lao and Reptile? And even then, B+2 can still be made safe against those two characters by spacing B+2. I think it adds a layer of depth regarding B+2 instead of the current "just do B+2 and mash out super unsafe special because it doesn't matter and won't come out on block". Jacqui received the same treatment with her old B+2. Non Heavy Weapon Jax variations would have the mind game follow up with his projectile for plus frames off B+2. Wrestler would be able to tick throw off B+2 and it would work on both hit and block similar to Jason's F+2~command grab (assuming all the frames are adjusted accordingly).

Some characters can't reliably punish EX Overhead sword on block which is kind of polarizing in a BS way. Jason for example has to do a JUST FRAME B+1 punish. Quan Chi, Kitana, Scorpion, Kenshi, Ferra / Torr, etc. have difficult times punishing it. If you don't believe me, try doing the armor attack spaced away from the opponent at a distance Kotal players will most likely throw it out in footsies. A fast advancing overhead armor launching that has a ridiculous hitbox on it should ALWAYS be full combo punishable if blocked. There was a similar issue early in the game's life where Erron Black's sand toss in Outlaw was made from -15 to -20 because of the simple fact it as an armor launcher would sometimes be unfairly difficult to punish at certain distances. I believe this change took effect after Combo Breaker 2015.

Yeah, Liu probably would. But at least it would give some characters the option to armor out like Cassie, use invincible attacks, X-Ray, etc. The whole point of the 1 frame changes to the run cancel characters were to give some sort of added option, not really change how dominating or suffocating they are up close because they're probably just gonna end up being the same, lol.

Kung Lao's jump 3 is one of the best jump kicks in the game. And he's one of the incredibly low amount of characters that can armor break most armor attacks in the game by confirming aerial attacks into his dive kick for full combos which is pretty huge for his aerial dominance. And no one is saying there's no counters to J2. Of course characters can run under and whiff punish, or run under uppercut, or some even have the luxury of whiff punishing. Everything has counters in this game. Even pre patch Raiden, pre patch Tanya, pre patch Shinnok, etc. but that doesn't justify something being unfair just for the sake of it being so.

I think that would be a little too much for the small grappler characters (Jason, Torr, Goro) who have to approach Mileena and then deal with her being JUST as fast as them up close, not to mention also including her evasiveness and low profiling abilities. Her 7 frame D1 would still make her faster than more than half of the cast up close.

I think EX invisible is too cheap of a move. It literally gives Reptile insane block advantage on strings, almost instantaneous armor, incredibly good recovery, can be used as a parry, is a valuable wake-up, turns Reptile fully invincible, makes Reptile take no chip or damage for the initial hit, etc. This all seems like something that would be given to an X-Ray attack and not something so commonly accessible for one bar and very easy to obtain. I'm not sure why there aren't more Deceptive Reptile players in tournament, but this character is insanely scary now, especially in the right hands.

My change would nerf the armor aspect of the move but Reptile would also retain all of the other perks of using EX invisibility. He would also receive projectile immunity as a trade off for the armor so if a character launches a projectile at you, you can activate EX invisibility and negate the projectile and be unscathed like nothing happened. I think it's a fair trade off, IMO.

I feel like Light Stance offers nothing but healing and slow fireballs that have no real reward. Instead of making the fireballs faster and better in frames so it doesn't resemble a generic counterpart of his other variation fireballs, having them drain stamina on hit and block would not only be unique to the variation, but also aid the healing concept this stance provides.

Think about it, you could end a combo in a Solar Flare fireball and then drain one bar of stamina from your opponent. Then on their knockdown you can launch a meaty Solar Flare fireball so they have to block it on their wake up. This would also further reduce their stamina on block essentially leaving them with only 25% of their entire stamina bar. This means now you don't have to worry about them running towards you (because it requires at least 1 stamina bar to run) and you can choose to zone carefully with your slow fireballs or enter HEALING mode which will allow you to recover a bit more of health since they can't just run towards you.

As far as regarding the slows down time with Healing, think of Injustice Flash trait but ONLY when you're in Liu Kang's healing animation. Liu Kang would move at normal speed (healing animation wise) and recover health at a normal pace, but everything around you (including the opponent) is slowed down similar to Flash's trait slow down.

I agree reptile is very strong and will continue to show in the future

I have to say I kicked myself not thinking of using ex invisibility as a wake up

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

It would be interesting and i have thought of it myself a few times. And i know Jackie lost hers but if i recall the string also has a second part to it. There are plenty of strings in the game that are punishable but cannot be punished. Dash punch is actually one of them. One issue that comes to mind is max distance b2 would not tick throw correctly because of the distance. He now sort of loses his Mixup. Since you would have to commit to the B2 OH Dash Punch for a combo. Unless you are in heavy weapons then you do not care. A proposition would be to make the OH More minus to make up for the fact that it does have the OS in it. Also since you can charge it to make it plus it would make it more fair. Just some ideas. Also a buff to 123 on hit so that the 3 part does not wiff. It can wif on block but on hit its like dam. :/

Zaccel

Noob
EX Invis wouldn't even need that to stay effective, as nice as that concession would be. Eating projectiles is nice, but having to get in the old fashioned way wouldn't be the end of the world for Deceptive. Dropping the armour without compensation would be a radical change, but not an unexpected one. Losing out on risk-free wakeup and string punishes would keep him honest (even if dishonesty was Deceptive's gimmick).

Alternatively--with how good it is already--keeping the armour while removing the damage soak from Invis could work, though that's really a slap on the wrist.