What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

REO

Undead
I lol'd.

Other than the ex fireball last hit being mid in TF that is. That's actually reasonable and not just changing shit for the sake of changing shit.

@Espio - If you feel the need for speed with our 4 armed dude, just tap forward. Shit's mad fast and covers more ground than walking and running. His dash is also insane and even though running makes it irrelevant for 90% of the cast, it's not irrelevant for Goro.
I just now realized the knockdown animations for the low fireballs from Tigrar Fury are not the same as the ones from Quan Chi's runes and Tempest Kung Lao's EX hat. They look similar so that's why I originally had the change as a hard knockdown because I thought they were using the same animation, lol. Go check out runes knock down animation and Tempest Kung Lao's EX hat toss to see what I mean. Anyway, I removed those changes now as it doesn't make sense with the different animation.

Wigy

There it is...
For me aside from afforementioned stuff.

If they are going to reduce jc a list + frames.

He MUST have a 7 frame poke and possible have his 1 made 8 frames.

He gets totally shutdown by footsie characters with safe armour if he doesn't get guaranteed + frames that jail or make poking difficult.

Bonus buff would be to give 214 some utility and ex flipkick being about to link into f3 np.

As a Raiden main I take offense to this. Agree with the EX shoulder connecting to scepter only because it looks really cool.

Sand tackle is EX command grab or? Normal command grab should definitely stay as it is, would make Erron's oki and neutral a bit much. Don't agree with 6-frame d3, would eliminate one of Erron's main weaknesses which is his slow-ish pokes. Then again I don't play Erron that much, but that's just how I see it.
Sand tackle being 0 on hit or (+6) makes marksman and gunslinger have bad enders you actually have to remove dmg in order to get oki , so making it slightly plus would give them a slightly better option in certian situations , as for the d3 , it barely has any hit adv , its the exact same as d4 but it has 0hit adv while d4 has 24 , so making it faster would actually make it useful

Wigy

There it is...
Sand tackle being 0 on hit or (+6) makes marksman and gunslinger have bad enders you actually have to remove dmg in order to get oki , so making it slightly plus would give them a slightly better option in certian situations , as for the d3 , it barely has any hit adv , its the exact same as d4 but it has 0hit adv while d4 has 24 , so making it faster would actually make it useful
Removing damage for oki is almost entirely universal lol.

haketh

Noob
Having to choose oki or damage on an ender is fine

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
One of the main reason (which you obviously know) that Tanya is really that good is the idea she can pressure you while building good amount of meter which allow her to continue that pressure. If you half that meter build there is no way that at high level of play you will be able to maintain that pressure for longer time. And as you know as well Tanya game plan is basically pressure, pressure, pressure. And its not like she's the best at it. She's really good but not the best. So the question here is why limit her at it? All of her pressure have gaps or some way out of it. All of b12+4 cancel options (beside tele cancel) are unsafe, even ex tonfa toss can be just neutral ducked on return and punished. Again it's good but not broken, so why fix something that isn't broken?
Uh that suggests she needs meter to pressure the opponent which is untrue. Her pressure tools are strings into rekkas, ex tonfa toss and tele cancels most of which don't require meter. The changes I suggested for the characters in general are to tone down the obvious top tier high-pressure characters slightly so that the game/more characters can have some sort of defensive capability. Just because someone isn't the best doesn't mean she isn't still good at it, I mean look at Dragon and Dab consistently making top 8s now and Sonicfox even picking her up! She must be doing something right ;) Also if you look in the Tanya forum you'll find a thread by ESP-BLACK showing that Tanya can actually time her rekkas to have no gaps and still end up safe after the third rekka so that doesn't have a gap in it :p Does B12+4~rekka have a gap? Again just because something isn't broken doesn't mean it should never be touched.
Let it be clear, so there is no downplaying arguments - i think Tanya is actually top 7 atm. Really good but not the best / top 3. And yest its true i can cancel into full teleport but thats about it, any of her air options are unsafe as hell, full combo punishable. So yes i can escape which is nice but thats it.

The part i dont understand - why do you want to change the way you have to play her? Kobu jutsu by design seems to be variation designed to be played as full pressure character. Why gimp / change that? Its like you would say lets nerf Cassie pressure options (better then Tanya) so players have to change playstyle with her. For me this makes no sense.
The point isn't to change how they play entirely, it's to make it so that it's not so easy for them to build meter and make pressuring require some sort of effort.
That's exactly the point imo - to make it harder to punish, it's not impossible, just harder. It's just a guessing game like any real 50/50 which Tanya to be honest lacks (not that she needs it) and many characters have - you have to guess. There are many moves even armored in the game which you have to punish to the frame, its hard but it is what it is, why Tanya shouldn't have it?
Eh? Extended blockstun does not have a point, it's a game inconsistency that should be fixed not just for Tanya but all around. It makes no sense to have it there, all it does is make a move unnecessarily hard to punish and it's worse because the blockstun changes depending on the delay and it's difficult to tell when it's finished. You shouldn't have to guess when blockstun ends.
Tanya problems like any characters are in certain match ups. For example playing vs a good Cassie Cage (who knows Tanya shortcomings) is really a struggle. Tanya has really no way out of Cassie pressure beside 2-hit armored Rekka. Her pokes sucks so badly its not even funny. D1 which is her fastest poke (7F) has 0 reach, so does d3, d4 has very little reach. And only the idea that Cassie can just say "fuck you" and armor reversal almost anything you do with ex flipkick is terrifying. Not to mention Cassie can actually destroy Tanya if you go for delayed Rekkas just with that one move which obviously lead to full combo and pressure after it. Almost the same can be said about Tempest Lao MU.

The main concern here is: sure Tanya does very well vs certain characters atm but she also has problems with some and by nerfing her (the way you proposed) you will make those match ups even harder which in my opinion is not the right way to approach balancing of FG.
So her problems are that Cassie and Tempest are bad matchups? That's not something that means Tanya is fine, that's a problem for almost everyone... As for her D1 having "0 reach" that's a lie because there are characters with shorter D1s than her, who cares anyway when you have an 8 frame hit confirmable mid? Doesn't really matter if she's hitting you or applying block pressure she's still got the advantage half the time if you're playing right. And as I mentioned you can delay rekkas just short enough that there's no gap and you're still safe. Look through the forum and find the thread if you don't believe me.
To be completely honest i don't have a problem with that buff more with the idea that you want to buff (just a little bit i know) a really good character even more and on the other hand you want nerf a character which is weaker then her.

In other words - coz i guess that's something i also should said before i really don't like the idea of balancing game by nerfing characters that aren't broken (like for example Kabal or Cyrax level broken). I always thought and still think that its way better to buff the weaker characters to the level of the better ones then the other way around.
I was asking for the Spec Ops buff because most of her setups are full combo punishable unless you spend meter, and Spec Ops is rarely seen as much as Hollywood. It's just a way for every variation to be as viable which is what the point of the changes were. I'd like it so you can pick any variation and have a chance.

I'd be good with your proposed changes for Kitana, but here is what I'd ask for;

General:
Change D1 startup to 6 frames over 8 frames to allow her to make her frame traps legit.
St 2 needs to be a mid instead of a high.
F2 needs to be faster (14 or 15f instead of 19f)
B2 startup changed to 13 frames and have increased damage (13% or 14% would be fair over the current 9%)
B3 start up to 10 frames from current 15 frames.
FIX THE GLITCH THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE TO PASS THROUGH HER ON OKI!!!!

Assassin:

Assassins rush and strike need to be run cancel able at the cost of stamina (making this a rush down variation) and have reduced startup to 12 or 11f from 16f.
Parry needs to be 1 or 2f startup. 7f is laughable for a parry.

Royal Storm:

bounce back needs to have startup reduced to allow her to use it on reaction. 5 or 6 frames is good enough for that.

Fan nado (ex) should be able to cancel out other projectiles.

Mournful:

Needs strings with the staff!!! That is all.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Hell no. That thing punishes damn near everything. It doesn't need to be safe. =P
sorry my character doesn't get a godlike paddle, GIVE ME TOOLS DAMMIT

lol

but for realsies, tigrar has flame breath which is godlike and fangs has spin and low stab which are godlike

lunge is only good and not quite godlike