What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
I wrote my wishlist here for Shinnok somewhere among the 21 pages. I was gonna update it to post what I've collected in a thread I made asking people what changes (buffs/nerfs) they'd like to see for Shinnok coming up on the KP2 patch. Here are the changes people have listed so far and I will continue to update it as people add more:

Universal:

· D4~Hell Sparks – No longer a true block string

· Standing 3 – Now a Low instead of a Mid Buff

· B1 – Increased push-back (enough for all 3 Hell Sparks to connect on block) Buff

· Hell Sparks

o Vertical hit box reduced Nerf

o Increased recovery frames Nerf

· D4
o Increased recovery frames Nerf

o 0 cancel advantage frames Nerf

· Damage – Increased damage output overall Buff

· 11 – Fix hit box issues Buff

· Jump in 1 – Range reduction Nerf

· X-Ray – Bitch slaps into Brutality

· D2 – Made into a High instead of a Mid Nerf

· Hands' Animation – Make hands bigger or remove "creepy" hand movements

Necromancer:

· Devil’s Flick

o Improve tracking Buff

o Reduced start up frames Buff

o Reverted back to -4 on block Buff

· Summoned Fiend

o Improve tracking Buff

o Safe(r) on block Buff

o Becomes a Low Buff

o Reduce start up frames (fast enough to anti-air) Buff

o Able to Brutality off of​

· Judgment Fist

o Becomes an 11 Frame Overhead instead of Unblockable (similar to Tremor’s Rock Drop) Buff

o Cancel-able if it does not become an 11 frame overhead (cancel similar to MK9 Jax’s Ground Pound) Buff

o Note: Judgment Smash still remains a slow unblockable. with it able to still crush opponents on delayed wake-up.​

· Judgment Smash – Cancel-able but faster than Judgment Fist's cancel (like the difference in advantage between cancelling LK's fire ball and cancelling his Ex-fire ball) Buff

· Summoned Slam

o Able to utilize twice in one combo Buff

o Armored Buff

· Variation Aesthetics – Remove silly bone hands in exchange for another aesthetic identifier (possibly Pimp Rings)

Impostor:

· Stolen Moves – Different stolen moves from the following characters:

o Kenshi; currently steals Rising Sword​

o Takeda; currently steals Tornado Kick​

o Jacqui; currently steals Bionic Dash​

o Ferra/Torr; currently steals Deep Stab​

o Raiden; currently steals Electric Fly​

o Goro; currently steals Stomp​

o Jason; currently steals Killing Machine​

o Predator; currently steals Stealth​

· Mimicry

o Kenshi – Steal “Blade Reflect” or “Rising Karma” instead of “Rising Sword”​

o Takeda – Steal “Fist Whirlwind” instead of “Tornado Kick”​

o Raiden – Steal “Shocker” instead of “Electric Fly”​

o Predator – Steal “Scimitar Slam” instead of “Stealth”, or add the ability to combo into Mimicry while Stealth is already active at the cost of removing the invisibility.​

o Add an Enhanced Mimicry or a MB version of Mimicry with the following properties:
  1. Armor while using the stolen move Buff
  2. Gains the Ex-properties of the stolen move if he does not already Buff
  3. Able to hit full screen like Quan Chi's trance Buff
· Air-Tricky Portal

o Can teleport in place, in addition to behind or in front of the opponent. Buff

o Increase recovery frames Nerf

Bone Shaper:

· Dark Beam – Revert to -8 on block instead of -12. Buff

· F221+3 – Make the “1+3” part of the string able to come out on block (currently +2 but not possible to come out and block; also, come out as a Mid not a throw/grab) Buff

· F4, 1, D2, U2

o U2 is at least 0 on block Buff

o U2 has enough hit advantage to follow up with Sceptor Slam and Sceptor Launch Buff

o Gap between D2 and U2

o Note: Apply the same changes to F3, 1, D2, U2​

· Sceptor Quake – Pops the opponent up into the air; strict timing to combo off it. Buff

· Krushing Shoulder – Can combo off it with Sceptor Slam/Sceptor Launch Buff

Both Impostor and Necromancer:

· Krushing Shoulder – Able to juggle off it with F22 Buff

· F2, 2, 4

o Fix hit box issues; some female characters low profile this mid hitting string while crouching or crouch blocking. Buff

o Add more cancel advantage frames to '4' Buff

o Less minus on block (currently -17) Buff

· Amulet Strike

o Reduce start up frames Buff

o Reduce recovery frames Buff

o Safe on block (around -5/-6) Buff

o Made into a Mid instead of a High. Buff

o Implement one of the 3 following options: Buff

1. When Shinnok negates a projectile, 20-25% of a meter is gained
  2. When Shinnok negates a projectile, 2% of health is gained back
  3. When Shinnok negates a projectile, the next time Amulet Strike is used, it comes out faster with projectile absorbing properties, ~10% damage, ~3% chip damage, and at least neutral on block (similar to Ronin Takeda's Piercing Beam)
o Similar to Sun God, Shinnok's Amulet Strike contains 3 different stages: Buff

1. 1st Stage - When one projectile is negated, Shinnok has the option to release a mid-hitting projectile at 6% damage with a new input of DF+1 (utilizes one stock).
  2. 2nd Stage - Once the 2nd projectile has been negated, and if DF+1 has not been used, a new input (DF+3) replenishes 50% of a bar, or remove 50% of a bar from the opponent (utilizes the two stocks).
  3. 3rd Stage - Replenish 12% of health (utilizing three stocks) with a new input (DF+2).
  4. Add some sort of visual indicator of the number of stocks in the Amulet.

Last edited:

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Wow, how incredibly boring seeing that many breakers per game would be...

REO

Undead
@YOMI REO
Noxious is the variant that needs help in my opinion. It's just the least impressive, but has such a cool idea behind it! I think your idea is a good start, but if they didn't want to change that at all, they could add ticking damage to the acid spit and puddle or even change how the Enhanced Poison Gas works. I think it should be normalized like this:

Toxic Fumes
Decreased amount of range and length of time it lasts. However, it is active even when being hit.
I really like your idea with acid spit adding damage over time. They should probably implement something like that for Noxious because it would make sense and add more flavor to the variation.

Holy shit, no thank you.
Why not? I think Quan Chi's D,D+1 special in Sorcerer may be one of the worst specials in the game. It needs a lot of help in making it viable and worth using over his two other spells at a high level.

You don't feel ferra/torr is lacking anything at all?
As far as some buggy things or possbly better hit detection on some moves, I think Ferra / Torr is one of the best designed and balanced characters in the game.

I think your patch list is very well thought out and I agree with just about all of it. With that said, this is one thing I was initially for, but when I think about it I wonder if it could be more harmful than good. In my mind, a cheaper block breaker would help alot in a game that's as offensively leaning as MKX to give characters a more viable get-off-me tool, but I worry aggressive characters that build meter well - Kung Lao, Tanya, Liu Kang, D'Vorah - would benefit the most. Of those characters at least 3 are pretty much undisputed top 5, and their meter building abilities would pretty much ensure that they'll always have the resources to block break out of pressure when the opponent gets the chance, allowing them to pressure, build defensive tools, and then when they mess up / the opponent earns a pressure opportunity, they can just breaker out and use their superior neutral to re-establish their pressure game... rinse and repeat.

This is obviously just theory stuff and a worry that might even prove false if one bar block breakers are implemented, but I think there is reason to believe that it could be something that actually reinforces the status quo instead of altering it. What's your take (or anyone else's for that matter) on this?
That's true. But there will always be certain characters in games that abuse some game mechanics better than others. Those four characters would probably be toned down next patch in some way if Block Breakers receive some form of buff so it wouldn't be as bad as they currently are if you were to add improved Block Breakers.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
All I want is something to spend these 1.4mil koins on after unlocking the krypt.

Examples:
Alternate Color Palettes
Secret Brutality Inputs
A Wager System (worth it if we had something to spend it on)
Classic BGM Options
Backgrounds
Icons
Borders

These are suggestions, order of importance top to bottom.

Tanya:

MustFix:
The gap between b3 and 1 in B31 to be removed. There is still a gap between 1 and 2 in B312.

Pyromancer Fixes:
Pyromancer's Shroud and Meter Burn Shroud to restand if hit mid-air like Trance, Nut Punch etc.
Pyromancer's Meter Burn Shroud to be +14 on block.
Pyromancer to have less recovery on Air Fireball.
Pyromancer to gain Kobu Jutsu's B1 where she hits mid+overhead, but no Tonfa thus no armour break property to it.
Pyromancer to gain B1 followup D2 - a low hit with fire and hard knockdown. -11 on block.
Pyromancer to gain B1 followup 2+4 - a mid hit with fire. +2 on block.
Pyromancer to gain B1 followup 4 - an overhead kick with hard knockdown. -11 on block.

Luxury:
Pyromancer's all fireballs to gain a formidable blockstun effect.
Pyromancer's High Fireball an overhead after the down arc.
Pyromancer's Air Fireball an overhead.
Pyromancer's Shroud and Meter Burn Shroud to be Meter Burnable at all frames not just immediately.
Meter Burn Air Drill recovers faster and gains + frames on block the closer to the ground it hits the target.
Meter Burn Air Drop recovers faster and launches on hit. Severely negative on block.
Air Drill restands, recovers safely on a whiff but is severely negative on block.
Air Drop launches, severely negative on block and whiff.
Drill is invincible to projectiles, remains severely negative on block.
Axe Kick reach reduced to 50% but safe on whiff and starts up faster.
Yes this. The pyromancer b1 should be a fireball but doesn't blow up when the opponent is shrouded (just a combo starter). Definitely high damage.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Mileena:
-B 2,2 (non-piercing) and s1,2,3 strings to be true blockstrings.
-Air Sai hitbox slightly improved in front of her so it doesn't go straight through the opponent right next to her.
-F4 startup reduced a bit by like maybe 2 or 3 frames.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Universal nerf to hitbox and priority on all jump normals
Universal buff to hitbox and priority of all D2s
Added more ground recovery to whiffed jump normals
All blocking hurtboxes are now normalized (no more whiffing everything on females)

Kung Lao: Tempest Hat Spin is now -6 on block and throw is now +2 on hit. Less pushback on Cyclone
Tanya: Kobu b1 now starts as a high and delayed rekkas are -4 on block. Ex Rekka now has one hit (so it doesn't beat other armor moves).
Quan Chi: Low Bat is now a mid and more damage scaling on all bat attacks. Lowered blockstun on all bat attacks
Jax: Fixed the insane hitbox on f3
Liu Kang: MB Dragon Kick is now 0 on block
Predator: Increased recovery of all plasma shots by 5 frames
Cassie: EX nut punch no longer is fully invincible and EX gunshots deal less chip

This is just the dumb stuff that needs to go. I could buff the low tiers for days. What do you guys think?

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Why not? I think Quan Chi's D,D+1 special in Sorcerer may be one of the worst specials in the game. It needs a lot of help in making it viable and worth using over his two other spells at a high level.
I could be for draining ex on block. I just hit the lab with Quan to see if there was any way to abuse IAFs with that being an overhead but it seems like the startup is so long on the skull that it's not really that exploitable. Something feels really uncomfortable about making Ground Burst a low though. I don't see any way to make it really dirty quite yet but it feels like you'd be messing with forces that shouldn't be tampered with.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Nice pacth wish. Seems like the fans can make better adjustments then those who get paid for it.
fans have the number advantage and people like REO surely know what they are talking about.

I personally didn't like the last patch, most people didn't, but I think that overall they are making a pretty good job.

Universal nerf to hitbox and priority on all jump normals
Universal buff to hitbox and priority of all D2s
Added more ground recovery to whiffed jump normals
All blocking hurtboxes are now normalized (no more whiffing everything on females)

Kung Lao: Tempest Hat Spin is now -6 on block and throw is now +2 on hit. Less pushback on Cyclone
Tanya: Kobu b1 now starts as a high and delayed rekkas are -4 on block. Ex Rekka now has one hit (so it doesn't beat other armor moves).
Quan Chi: Low Bat is now a mid and more damage scaling on all bat attacks. Lowered blockstun on all bat attacks
Jax: Fixed the insane hitbox on f3
Liu Kang: MB Dragon Kick is now 0 on block
Predator: Increased recovery of all plasma shots by 5 frames
Cassie: EX nut punch no longer is fully invincible and EX gunshots deal less chip

This is just the dumb stuff that needs to go. I could buff the low tiers for days. What do you guys think?
I'd add more stuff to the nerf list, like Tremor and more Kang, but I think that this is what everyone wants to see, nice summary.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
fans have the number advantage and people like REO surely know what they are talking about.

I personally didn't like the last patch, most people didn't, but I think that overall they are making a pretty good job.

I'd add more stuff to the nerf list, like Tremor and more Kang, but I think that this is what everyone wants to see, nice summary.
I agree but idk what I'd change about tremor and kang. Without the jailing you might as well play flame fist or dualist. And I think tremor needs something toned down but I'm not sure what. Maybe a cooldown on his armor up move.

yowbah

Noob
that would be cool if she had quan's attacking abilities, but she's average, so i don't see any reason to give her weak defense

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Take kenshi out of beta, better netcode, and for lashers whip flurry to be a mid. Hell the 3rd request isn't really necessary but the first 2 I really want, because I love playing balanced kenshi but I can't, I want to go back to my favorite video game character damn it. And it would be lovely if the netcode wasn't shit

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
:DYou're the first person to not Kill or over power Tanya. Your Tanya patches seem reasonable. Therefore, I fully support you!!!