What's new

MK9 will not die due to new glitch - ignore the trolls

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
bloodsport I have a saved conversations on facebook, basically what I discovered in 2011 was that one could tighten block before starting the second round. This happened to me at the end of 2011 with liu kang vs Kabal in the yard, (in a casuals vs DarkZane in PS3) All this time I thought that only happened on ps3 and could not prove this because I have a xbox360. I eventually forget, just recently I have another joystick two weeks ago and I remembered the bug. I have other things that I will release soon, I've never uploaded.
You're a great player but if what you have is more game breaking ridiculousness like the round 2 block glitch... then for the sake of this community would you keep it to yourself? If nobody else has found it yet, there is a chance they might not. Everything that is found like that just results in 32 troll threads, people buying into the trolling, panic (for some) and about 20 to 30 intelligent people making completely ignored responses.

VOR

Noob
This game has been on the Evo circuit twice, it's been advertised on the front page of gamestop.com for $19.99 very recently, MLG continues to feature it and is their biggest fighting game, a lot of people still play online, a lot of new people are still buying this game. So yes, people are still supporting this game and this community is an enormous part of that. MLG fans go out and buy this game because it's at MLG! Who put it there? The dedicated players who go to MLG events. NRS has supported and done a lot for the community, I'm not saying they haven't. However, if people are still buying and supporting this game at major events, wouldn't it be in Warner Bros. interest to do the right thing, and make some MORE money by DLC'ing the vita content and doing a patch for a few dollars to download? Put the money made towards work on Injustice. NEW PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING MK9.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
This game has been on the Evo circuit twice, it's been advertised on the front page of gamestop.com for $19.99 very recently, MLG continues to feature it and is their biggest fighting game, a lot of people still play online, a lot of new people are still buying this game. So yes, people are still supporting this game and this community is an enormous part of that. MLG fans go out and buy this game because it's at MLG! Who put it there? The dedicated players who go to MLG events. NRS has supported and done a lot for the community, I'm not saying they haven't. However, if people are still buying and supporting this game at major events, wouldn't it be in Warner Bros. interest to do the right thing, and make some MORE money by DLC'ing the vita content and doing a patch for a few dollars to download? Put the money made towards work on Injustice. NEW PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING MK9.
If they were to do it right, complete with a good pre-order bonus, updates, and at least 8 new characters, an Ultimate Mortal Kombat (or some other title) could actually generate huge sales. It's been a while since MK9 came out and if they dropped it at say 40 dollars instead of 60 they could fix a lot of things (and get more free patches since it's a new title) as well as expand on MK's popularity with new charactes, a new mode or two, updated online, and the Vita content. Make a second round of DLC and give a loyalty reward for people who purchased MK9 DLC by giving them the first DLC drop free as another incentive for casuals to spring the 40 dollars to buy the new title. Just a few ideas that will never happen.

VOR

Noob
If they were to do it right, complete with a good pre-order bonus, updates, and at least 8 new characters, an Ultimate Mortal Kombat (or some other title) could actually generate huge sales. It's been a while since MK9 came out and if they dropped it at say 40 dollars instead of 60 they could fix a lot of things (and get more free patches since it's a new title) as well as expand on MK's popularity with new charactes, a new mode or two, updated online, and the Vita content. Make a second round of DLC and give a loyalty reward for people who purchased MK9 DLC by giving them the first DLC drop free as another incentive for casuals to spring the 40 dollars to buy the new title. Just a few ideas that will never happen.
New characters is too much. It'd be awesome and I'd love it, but then they'd have to patch those characters and the cycle starts all over again, At some point they need to get on with Injustice. HEY! They could throw in a trailer/ad for Injustice in the content and ensure that all the new players know that game is coming out, and we could see it on our ps3/ xbox for the 1st time. Advertising. Casuals love the challenge tower, throw that vita content in there, they'll buy it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
New characters is too much. It'd be awesome and I'd love it, but then they'd have to patch those characters and the cycle starts all over again, At some point they need to get on with Injustice. HEY! They could throw in a trailer/ad for Injustice in the content and ensure that all the new players know that game is coming out, and we could see it on our ps3/ xbox for the 1st time. Advertising. Casuals love the challenge tower, throw that vita content in there, they'll buy it.
In all seriousness if they even thought about a UMK9 it would be post Injustice. They don't need MK to advertise Injustice... but Injustice sure could advertise a UMK9. Superheroes don't need help to sell.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
However, if people are still buying and supporting this game at major events, wouldn't it be in Warner Bros. interest to do the right thing, and make some MORE money by DLC'ing the vita content and doing a patch for a few dollars to download? Put the money made towards work on Injustice. NEW PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING MK9.
The vita alt costumes as dlc would pay for a patch in a day. Does it cost NRS less to apply a small hotfix? I recall reading somewhere that it does.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You guys can give yourself an 'ole big pat on the back each time you beat one of these pseudo-top level" Kabals. Just know that by doing this, you are limiting the character's true potential. All other MK games I've played in my time (MK:A, MKDC, UMK:3, etc.) had nothing banned when played at the highest level in tournament or money matches. Now all of a sudden we have to strap on a bunch of silly rules to keep the game period-friendly. I'm absolutely disgusted.
REO, on behalf of everyone, let me just say, Welcome back. It's nice to see you well again.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiittt...
Any Scorpion ones?
(there's probably some on google already but I honestly don't know what these things are called lmao :oops:)
Just type fsjal and you character's name, possibly someone has made it already, i had to do skarlet myself lol

MKK hanzo

So wait, you're telling me I can choose this character but just can't do certain things with him? Why am I not allowed to play Kabal at his highest potential with all the tools he has available? This is ridiculous. My character is being leashed with made-up rules because the community is too stubborn to make a simple decision on banning him.
Super MK Bros. 9 :D

On topic: Nrs should do a last balance patch if they want the game to keep going... Unless they really think Injustice will be their next big seller...

Bah anything sells these days, even SFxT ;)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

REO trolling or not, I don't Fucking care. You are a problem for this community. The only thing worse are the people who kiss your ass and stroke your ego.

Anyone who says let this stand is an idiot. This game is dying before our eyes despite what people want or say. This glitch is just one more nail in the coffin. I'll play as long as I can but tournament numbers are dropping for whatever reason. This game can't survive on people staying in the community alone, it needs new people. Nobody is going to seriously pick this up after watching resets, p1 advantage, input bugs, and now this.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

REO

Undead
REO trolling or not, I don't Fucking care. You are a problem for this community. The only thing worse are the people who kiss your ass and stroke your ego.

Anyone who says let this stand is an idiot. This game is dying before our eyes despite what people want or say. This glitch is just one more nail in the coffin. I'll play as long as I can but tournament numbers are dropping for whatever reason. This game can't survive on people staying in the community alone, it needs new people. Nobody is going to seriously pick this up after watching resets, p1 advantage, input bugs, and now this.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Play to win. If you don't like it, then go find another game. You're obviously not a true MK fan at heart if you're going to let glitches be the deciding factor on whether you play the game or not. This goes out to everyone, too. It weeds out all the players who aren't true MK fans.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Play to win. If you don't like it, then go find another game. You're obviously not a true MK fan at heart if you're going to let glitches be the deciding factor on whether you play the game or not. This goes out to everyone, too. It weeds out all the players who aren't true MK fans.
Sorry but as the smoke glitch was this will be banned as well

Fact man

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
REO can you please do us all a favor and try to pull this off in every major/top8s and grind finals, so everybody know how shitty NRs really is.