What's new

MK9 will not die due to new glitch - ignore the trolls

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
you can't fucking touch him if he does that glitch lol he can just stand there and block. kabal is god tier lol. anyways fuck kabal I got resets bitch!!! lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
So wait, you're telling me I can choose this character but just can't do certain things with him? Why am I not allowed to play Kabal at his highest potential with all the tools he has available? This is ridiculous. My character is being leashed with made-up rules because the community is too stubborn to make a simple decision on banning him.
lol, kabal was fine before the glitch he doesn't need anything more than he already had. your acting like its a death sentence or something. smh

trolls should stay under there bridges

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
You guys can give yourself an 'ole big pat on the back each time you beat one of these pseudo-top level" Kabals. Just know that by doing this, you are limiting the character's true potential. All other MK games I've played in my time (MK:A, MKDC, UMK:3, etc.) had nothing banned when played at the highest level in tournament or money matches. Now all of a sudden we have to strap on a bunch of silly rules to keep the game period-friendly. I'm absolutely disgusted.
If it bothers you. Don't show up to MLG Dallas. We will be fine playing the game with no glitch rule :p

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so by reo's logic, insuperables quan chi wouldn't be a real top lvl quan chi if he doesnt use the glitch lol.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
this tech should not be banned. It should be embraced. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. here Reo is trying to do the right thing and put what this game is really about out on display and show the world that the MK community is united and isnt going anywhere, and you guys are pulling a fuckin smash bros on him. LBSH,GTFO LMAO

zaf

professor
Pig Of The Hut
REO

I understand that people are going to enforce a rule on this glitch.
But if it is not part of the MLG Rule set, then the only thing stopping someone from doing this is themselves.

Just because people on the forums say that it is "Banned", does not mean that it is truly banned.

If someone does this at MLG, and there is no rule set against this, there is nothing that a referee can even do about that.
What is he going to do? Make up rules on the spot for this ? please

One of two things need to happen, if anyone wants this to be banned.

1- NRS Patch
2- MLG needs to be made aware of this, so it can be added to the ruleset and therefore referees be made aware.

Here are the MLG Mortal Kombat Rule set

I see jack shit about any glitches. So therefore I can do this all day with no repercussions.

Bracket Format & Seeding
1. The Event will support as many as 128 Players.
2. The Event will consist of two Double Elimination Brackets and a Final Match.
3. Each Double Elimination Bracket will have its own Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket. After losing a Match in a Winners Bracket, Players will enter the corresponding Losers Bracket. A Match loss in a Losers Bracket will result in elimination from the Event.
4. Players will be seeded based on MLG Rank. Ties will be broken randomly. Players without an MLG Rank will be seeded randomly.
Match Format
1. All Games will be Best of 3 Rounds.
2. All Matches, except for the Final Match, will be Best of 5 Games, unless the Players have already played each other in the Event.
3. If Players are scheduled to play each other for a 2nd time in the Event, their Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the previous Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 Games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player A leading 3 Games to 0.
4. If the Players scheduled to play each other in either of the Semifinal Matches have not yet played against each other in the Event, an initial Best of 5 Games Match must be played. If the Player who came from the Winners Bracket wins the initial Match, they will advance to the Final. If the Player who came from the Losers Bracket wins the initial Match, the Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the initial Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if the Losers Bracket Player beat the Winners Bracket Player 3 Games to 0 in the initial Match, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and the Losers Bracket Player leading 3 Games to 0. The winner of a Semifinal Best of 11 will advance to the Final.
5. The Final Match will be Best of 7 Games, between the winners of the Semifinal Matches. The winner of the Final Match will win the Event.
Registration
1. Online Registration for the Event will open at 7 PM EDT on Monday, July 16th for Gold Members and at 7 PM EDT on Tuesday, July 17th for all other Players.
2. Online Registration for the Event will close at 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, August 20th.
3. If there is an open spot(s) in the Event, passes may be sold at Check-In.
4. After obtaining a Player Pass, all Players must use Team Builder (http://team-builder.majorleaguegaming.com/) in order to complete their Registration, including accepting the 2012 Pro Circuit Official Rules.
5. Unused Player Passes may not be kept as a Credit and later used in the purchase of a future Event Pass.
Player Pass Prices
1. Spring Championship Mortal Kombat (MK) Player Pass = $50
2. Spring Championship MK & Soul Calibur V Player Passes = $70
3. Gold Members will receive a $10 discount when purchasing one of the above items, Online or at Check-In.
4. The Check-In price for Event Passes will be $10 higher, unless Online Registration for that particular Event(s) sold out prior to 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, August 20th.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Anybody who uses a glitch to win is a loser and dosnt deserve to be on a list with real top-tier players. The game won't die because of this it just allows us to see who the real top players are and who the guys are that want a free ride to the top using their glitches.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What these schmucks fail to realize is they're the ones killing the game by shoving all these rule books down our throats. The game is fine the way it is. If you don't think so, then leave and go play TTT2. Players like myself (and there are more), will continue to play the game without bother like we have been doing since MK:1.
Do that glitch one time at mlg/majors/evo = mk9 becomes laughing stock of america

Like i said if you want to kill your game do so but know this you were warned

zaf

professor
Here is a perfect example of what happened in Smash brawl when the same sort of glitch happened.

metaknight has a down+B move, that makes him disappear for 1 second with his cape. He comes back and slashes with his sword if you press B again.

however a glitch was found making it possible to stay hidden forever.
press down+b and mash up on the c-stick. He stays hidden and can not take damage.
This means you get the life lead and do this = auto win

Everyone at first said, no need to ban it . No one can do this in a match and always be invisible and still win.

ENTER Mew2King. Wins by doing this.
The glitch was banned.
metaknight was still legal for a bit, but doing the glitch resulted in a DQ

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Listen

This game is not going to ******* die because of this Kabal glitch (plus other characters)

The only thing that will die because of this glitch is the ones who use it will be immediately DQ'ed and be thrown to losers or out of the bracket if already in losers.

Key Word: LOSERS

If you use this glitch intentionally you will frown upon and eliminated in the tourney. In casuals and online play do it all day if you wish, no one cares about online play. Easy way to fix that is delete said friend off your friends list. Problem solved.

Reo's will continue to make threads to troll the community and upset people but in reality this will not matter at any tourneys. Just like the smoke glitch this will = direct loss.

That was the rule at FR and im calling for that to be the rule here. Dont act like you didnt meant to do it, We're not stupid.

We need to be extremely thankful REO Doctrine Dark showed us this glitch, its extremely helpful to know what to ban.

DO NOT LET this deter your thoughts about going to dallas, if you do then you one who really loses is yourself.

Game on
Pig, why don't you also ban Cyrax Resets, Jax exploits, Quan Chi Rune Traps and so on?

The amount of deception i'm getting everytime the community finds a problem in this game, and how NRS doesn't want to patch it , makes me step away from injustice honestly.

Here is a perfect example of what happened in Smash brawl when the same sort of glitch happened.

metaknight has a down+B move, that makes him disappear for 1 second with his cape. He comes back and slashes with his sword if you press B again.

however a glitch was found making it possible to stay hidden forever.
press down+b and mash up on the c-stick. He stays hidden and can not take damage.
This means you get the life lead and do this = auto win

Everyone at first said, no need to ban it . No one can do this in a match and always be invisible and still win.

ENTER Mew2King. Wins by doing this.
The glitch was banned.
metaknight was still legal for a bit, but doing the glitch resulted in a DQ

Lol Mew2King is a lot like REO in so many ways. Robots, all of them.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Stuff like this just makes me realize how insular this community is.

A glitch isn't going to kill a fighting game, unless people already hated the game from the start and just need an excuse not to play it.

Capcom fighting games are also super buggy, almost as buggy as MK9.
MVC2 is a patchwork of a game, made from sprites of a bunch of other games, held together by duct tape. It is full of infinites, horrible character balance(10% of the cast is useful), game breaking glitch's that had to be banned. You know what? It is/was one of the most popular fighting games in the US and lasted 10 years.
MVC3 vanilla well nowhere near MVC2, also kinda busted as fuck, things like the quicksilver glitch, or the DHC glitch that is hilariously fucked up and changed the games balance forever.
UMVC3 also has a bunch of problems, the escape glitch that really should be banned but isn't, the THC glitch that gives almost every character practical and super easy infinties, hell it even has a glitch now that gives player 1 an advantage over player 2, though it only effects VJ, but it gives him a really cheesy and easy infinite.

All the vanilla SF games have been fucked in one way or another, bad balance, gamebreaking glitches. They get away with it somewhat because capcom releases revisions constantly to fix the problems, but sometimes that ends up just fucking the games up more.
Vanilla SF4 is widly considered a broken game. Then there's SFxT, pre patch it was one fucked up game, and it still is even with like 4 patches.

Bugs are not exclusive to NRS games, and they sure as hell won't destroy a games rep, especially one that is super easy to ban.

Just turns out that making a video game with lots of system rules and subsystems is actually kinda hard, and no amount of location tests or Q&A is going to catch them all, it took over a year for one of the best players(DD) to find this glitch.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I hope at least 3 people do this at Dallas to win matches. Hell... I hope it happens in GF.....
Seriously. At a certain point you can't sit here and honestly say this game is a good competitive fighter. If we had the online that the newer games had... half this shit would have been found before christmas LAST year.

Edit: Get .... Glitched..... Brah

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Honestly I think this isn't an exploit at all it's part of the game just let it ride. I mean seriously this game is working as intended just let it ride.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Why should we ban something that's part of the game? Sure, this changes the nature of the game at the closing of a round, but I mean, we all trained ourselves not to duck block Cage's f3, not to ever get hit by Cyrax, Quan Chi, or Smoke, etc., so why would we ban anything else?

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
You guys can give yourself an 'ole big pat on the back each time you beat one of these pseudo-top level" Kabals. Just know that by doing this, you are limiting the character's true potential. All other MK games I've played in my time (MK:A, MKDC, UMK:3, etc.) had nothing banned when played at the highest level in tournament or money matches. Now all of a sudden we have to strap on a bunch of silly rules to keep the game period-friendly. I'm absolutely disgusted.
There is an easy way to beat kabal even if he does the block glitch. simply dont get hit and pray the timer times out in your favor. =O

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
The one thing this may hurt is online. Anonymous assholes will be anonymous assholes, we tell ourselves not to get angry it's online and it doesn't matter. But it will matter to alot of people who already get upset over losing legitimately online. I know all the pro players are going to say online doesn't matter ect.

We know it doesn't matter, but most of us crappy scrubs that play online play it for fun. Is it not going to be frustrating to play online if we see this all the time? There's a difference between not being able to punish shitty laggy reptile dashes every time and having someone being invincible. Online may not matter to the high level tournament crowd. But how many people play online compared to how many people go to tournaments regularly and can get disqualified, a 500/1 ratio maybe?

Your kidding. I'm not going to get away with this from some joe no one knows I'm playing off stream. Hell yeah people are going to slip by some illegal rounds. I'd like to see some one try to call me out when I activate this last second and say he never hit me durring the last hit. How long untill someone gets the finger pointed at and being innocent but gets banned for having good footsies? It will take one unexplained whiff to set someone a blunder and they happen all the freaken time. Its a glitch, I can practice it so much I can find ways to hide it on acctivations. Honestly! Good luck MK