What's new

MK9 will not die due to new glitch - ignore the trolls

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Your kidding. I'm not going to get away with this from some joe no one knows I'm playing off stream. Hell yeah people are going to slip by some illegal rounds. I'd like to see some one try to call me out when I activate this last second and say he never hit me durring the last hit. How long untill someone gets the finger pointed at and being innocent but gets banned for having good footsies? It will take one unexplained whiff to set someone a blunder and they happen all the freaken time. Its a glitch, I can practice it so much I can find ways to hide it on acctivations. Honestly! Good luck MK
Uhhhhh, have you tested this glitch at all? You can't just turn it off and on at will. Also, if this were to happen in a tournament setting, put your stick/pad down and bring it up with the TO. I'm sure anybody running a tournament will be fully aware of it soon enough. LBSH, this glitch will kill TYM long before it kills MK. Stop with the knee jerk reactions, take a couple deep breaths, drop a couple extra marshmallows in your hot cocoa, and relax.

I can activate and deactivate this glitch when ever the fuck I want. When ever I want and I can fight at the same time. anyone can make it to top 8 with this and a bag full of alibies and never be proven to have cheated.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
we should force NRS to fix this by only allowing players who are willing to do the glitch participate in all tournaments from now on.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I can activate and deactivate this glitch when ever the fuck I want. When ever I want and I can fight at the same time. anyone can make it to top 8 with this and a bag full of alibies and never be proven to have cheated.
You can do the glitch, do a quick attack, block, rinse repeat. But you can not do the glitch, release block beyond the invincibility frame window, and re-activate it.

Also, what type of scene are you a part of where you or your opponent would even have the temerity to attempt such shenanigans in a tournament? Yea, this is good for the occasional chuckle during casuals for a chuckle and a gurn, but in a tournament? Accidentally hitting start on your pad/stick is cause for a dq or a restart (if opponent is nice), do you honestly think this would go unnoticed? lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
At least with the resets you still have the opportunity to win. This shit is stupid. Anybody defending it has no good argument. Fight me, you won't.
but we need to prove to NRS that the game truly is borked and is merely a beta version of what should of been produced

;)

Noob
Honestly, this is no different than the Vanilla MK9 parry glitch. It's easy to ban and relatively easy to enforce.

Just a new rule: No p1 invulnerability glitch. Do it = auto loss of set, moved to losers/eliminated from tournament.

You can do the glitch, do a quick attack, block, rinse repeat. But you can not do the glitch, release block beyond the invincibility frame window, and re-activate it.

Also, what type of scene are you a part of where you or your opponent would even have the temerity to attempt such shenanigans in a tournament? Yea, this is good for the occasional chuckle during casuals for a chuckle and a gurn, but in a tournament? Accidentally hitting start on your pad/stick is cause for a dq or a restart (if opponent is nice), do you honestly think this would go unnoticed? lol
Not really, MK is taken so un seriously that psn gets pressed at majors and they don't even start over the match which their supposed to. I would attempt this at tournaments, better bet your ass I would. I don't see me getting dq for this to be more likely then loosing natural or by one of the hundreds of bugs we all just delusionly slip under the rug. This shit is dam near un detectable. It's a pill that should be much too large to swallow so instead we are all going to take it in the bum and be cool with it in the game? It's crazy talk!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Honestly, this is no different than the Vanilla MK9 parry glitch. It's easy to ban and relatively easy to enforce.

Just a new rule: No p1 invulnerability glitch. Do it = auto loss of set, moved to losers/eliminated from tournament.
agree with the parry statement but that you say "p1 invul..", p2 cant use this glitch?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I'm going to implement a new feature on TYM.

When a member signs up, there will be a short announcement that says, "By checking this box, you agree and understand that we have a troll by the name of REO. Under no circumstance will you feed it, pet it, or accept any whore cards from it."
CURBOLICOUS

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Even if both can do it(as far as I have read, it's only been achieved on P1 side... can anyone confirm this?), then you just ban the glitch entirely... problem solved.
were was that posted about the p1? i didnt catch it.
yea can someone please confirm if p2 can do this or not, im about to head out so cant test till i get home again

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig, why don't you also ban Cyrax Resets, Jax exploits, Quan Chi Rune Traps and so on?

The amount of deception i'm getting everytime the community finds a problem in this game, and how NRS doesn't want to patch it , makes me step away from injustice honestly.
Because those arent serious problems

Need concrete evidence?

Cyrax Resets - has never netted him a major
Jax exploits - was never the reason he won a major and only 1 Jax has won a major
Quan Chi Rune Traps - has never gotten him into a top 8 at a major

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Why should we ban something that's part of the game? Sure, this changes the nature of the game at the closing of a round, but I mean, we all trained ourselves not to duck block Cage's f3, not to ever get hit by Cyrax, Quan Chi, or Smoke, etc., so why would we ban anything else?
why wouldn't u duck block cages f3...isn't ducking how u avoid majority of his pressure? lol

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
this needs to be gutted and explored for which characters can and can't do it, how they can activate it, how the glitch itself works and is turned off.

Until then there's no point in calling for bans.

I remember people calling to ban Kabal on the grounds that he's really good. He is, but the people who play him are world class players which is the more important factor.

So maybe let's explore the glitchs specifics before banding together and telling MLG that the apocalypse has begun. Because it hasn't. so chill the fuck out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Flagg

Noob
I wouldn't be surprised that there are circumstances by which every character in the game can trigger this.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Because those arent serious problems

Need concrete evidence?

Cyrax Resets - has never netted him a major
Jax exploits - was never the reason he won a major and only 1 Jax has won a major
Quan Chi Rune Traps - has never gotten him into a top 8 at a major
Dink would like to have a word with you
NWC was a major

and a good one would of been something cheesy like "Quan Chi Run Trap - Never runed any majors for anyone else" *rimshot*

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
It's sad NRS won't patch out the glitches but there is something in these posts thats even more sad. The definition of World Class Player has been reduced to mean "I should be allowed to cheat and win". If REO and other so called "world class" players get to hold that title after posting here that they should be allowed to cheat to win then I think ppl like Pig should just be called the best in the world.