What's new

MK9 will not die due to new glitch - ignore the trolls

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Listen

This game is not going to ******* die because of this Kabal glitch (plus other characters)

The only thing that will die because of this glitch is the ones who use it will be immediately DQ'ed and be thrown to losers or out of the bracket if already in losers.

Key Word: LOSERS

If you use this glitch intentionally you will frown upon and eliminated in the tourney. In casuals and online play do it all day if you wish, no one cares about online play. Easy way to fix that is delete said friend off your friends list. Problem solved.

Reo's will continue to make threads to troll the community and upset people but in reality this will not matter at any tourneys. Just like the smoke glitch this will = direct loss.

That was the rule at FR and im calling for that to be the rule here. Dont act like you didnt meant to do it, We're not stupid.

We need to be extremely thankful REO Doctrine Dark showed us this glitch, its extremely helpful to know what to ban.

DO NOT LET this deter your thoughts about going to dallas, if you do then you one who really loses is yourself.

Game on

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Still wish it was Stryker who got this glitch and not Kabal. :(

But if anything, I think online will be the only thing to die since everyone and their mom will pick up a pocket Kabal just to use this glitch, to troll, and that sucks for some of us with no offline scene.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As I stated in the other thread, the glitch is easily banned. The ban is warranted, discrete and enforceable. You can't accidentally do the glitch, and everyone can see when it's being attempted. REO is just a troll, everyone should know this by now.

REO

Undead
So wait, you're telling me I can choose this character but just can't do certain things with him? Why am I not allowed to play Kabal at his highest potential with all the tools he has available? This is ridiculous. My character is being leashed with made-up rules because the community is too stubborn to make a simple decision on banning him.

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
So wait, you're telling me I can choose this character but just can't do certain things with him? Why am I not allowed to play Kabal at his highest potential with all the tools he has available? This is ridiculous. My character is being leashed with made-up rules because the community is too stubborn to make a simple decision on banning him.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
its either that or you go back to umk3 kara jabs

REO

Undead
its either that or you go back to umk3 kara jabs
You guys can give yourself an 'ole big pat on the back each time you beat one of these pseudo-top level" Kabals. Just know that by doing this, you are limiting the character's true potential. All other MK games I've played in my time (MK:A, MKDC, UMK:3, etc.) had nothing banned when played at the highest level in tournament or money matches. Now all of a sudden we have to strap on a bunch of silly rules to keep the game period-friendly. I'm absolutely disgusted.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
This should be a community patch. If someone does decide to do this then they will be f3ed out of their seat. In pigs case, they will be bf2ed out of their seat.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm going to implement a new feature on TYM.

When a member signs up, there will be a short announcement that says, "By checking this box, you agree and understand that we have a troll by the name of REO. Under no circumstance will you feed it, pet it, or accept any whore cards from it."

zaf

professor
If you guys think this is bad, you are lucky you never played smash bros.

There was a rule that was made for all tournaments, where if you grabbed the ledge more then 50 times as metaknight or more then 65 times as anyone else, you got DQ'd.

Too many whiney fucks were tired of certain players taking advantage of the game and made a rule like that.
I do not want to go back to that sort of style of game.

There was a rule that was made for all tournaments, where if you grabbed the ledge more then 50 times as metaknight or more then 65 times as anyone else, you got DQ'd.

Too many whiney fucks were tired of certain players taking advantage of the game and made a rule like that.
the game you're talking about is called brawl. smash bros ended with melee

REO

Undead

What these schmucks fail to realize is they're the ones killing the game by shoving all these rule books down our throats. The game is fine the way it is. If you don't think so, then leave and go play TTT2. Players like myself (and there are more), will continue to play the game without bother like we have been doing since MK:1.

zaf

professor
What these schmucks fail to realize is they're the ones killing the game by shoving all these rule books down our throats. The game is fine the way it is. If you don't think so, then leave and go play TTT2. Players like myself (and there are more), will continue to play the game without bother like we have been doing since MK:1.

One of the major reasons i quit brawl was all the rules they were making up to make the game playable.

Metaknight banned at some tournies, TO got to decide
- the amount of ledge grabs
- shortening matches from 8 mins to 7 mins to stop campers
- allowing ice climbers infinites because it made them viable. They grab you once and you are dead, where as other characters that never received buffs have no people to represent them. Sounds a lot like cyrax to me.
- the level selection. once some characters became too strong on certain levels because of how they could camp, they banned the stages.
- banning double metaknight teams, because he is "too good"

i can literally go on for days, about all the rules that were made up for brawl.

smash community literally molded the game to make it viable in certain players eyes.

in terms of MK, i am against all the rule book heresay. NRS is at fault for this for not patching a game that they encouraged MLG to have.
They want their game played but do nothing when things should be taken more seriously or fixed. Kabal is not the problem, the bugs in the game are the problem.

zaf

professor
eh, it's a different type of game.
regardless, that game is garbage.
your opinion man. it is different from melee only in terms of hitstun, knockback and a few other trivial things. It is still smash and the fundamentals from melee carry over to brawl. its like playing mvc2 and mvc3.
Like i said, we have less people at MK then brawl people get to show up. So it cant be all that garbage if it has high number still.
Europeans travel to NA to play brawl as well, so do the japanese. We dont have this for MK. Sure we have a euro scene, but if we want them to play with us, we have to pay for them to come here.