What's new

MK10 Wishlist

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Not true. If this was allowed it would be nothing but ninjas and maybe a few other characters.
I think it would be more towards the iconic characters. Can't argue that the original mk1-2 roster are some of the most popular picks of all time. But this debate is going nowhere.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Overall popularity statistics do not lie if every fan is given the time and opportunity to vote.
You don't get it, do you?! A videogame is a work of art. When the artist compromises their artistic integrity by pandering to this or that demographic, or allowing marketing research nonsense or popularity polls to influence their work, then the end result can only be a mediocre, tasteless hybrid designed to please everyone while in reality pleasing no one.

This is quite possibly the worst idea of all time. Besides it's their game, they can put whatever they want in it. Pandering to the selfish masses is a very good way to create a crappy, mediocre, and bland as heck game.
examples: mk9, injustice.

for fuck's sake i just want them to release a game and let it be for a few months.
release game --- 3 to 6 months --->evaluate metagame --- 1 to 2 months --->patch + new character. rinse repeat until it's a fucking great game a year later instead of:
release shitty game --- 1 week --->cater to whining and release pre-made character---1 week---more patching, more bs.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
examples: mk9, injustice.

for fuck's sake i just want them to release a game and let it be for a few months.
release game --- 3 to 6 months --->evaluate metagame --- 1 to 2 months --->patch + new character. rinse repeat until it's a fucking great game a year later
^ This.
Game lasts for ages.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm curious if TYM would be down if NRS adopted the Killer Instinct release strategy.

So you get only 8 characters, but you get the game sooner?

I'm curious if TYM would be down if NRS adopted the Killer Instinct release strategy.

So you get only 8 characters, but you get the game sooner?
no, release a complete game. I dont think anyone likes that massive amounts of DLC is becoming the norm.

NHDR

Noob
1. Fix negative edge
2. Keep all characters from MK9, bring in a few new ones
3. Multiple costumes per character, custom accessories and colors (like KI is now doing)
4. Remove "block" button and make it just be "hold back"
5. Copy SF's endless battle option for online
6. Save online replays of matches

Everything else about it is already very good.

4 will never happen and shouldnt happen. the block button is one of mk's long time distinguishing features. mk should not be a street fighter clone, if you want that then go play street fighter. saying remove the block button is, for all intents and purposes, saying i want to play mk without playing mk.
what's endless battle?

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
1. Better net code
Seriously every other major fighting game series out there has at least passable net code, at this point there is no excuse for another game with online as terrible as MK9s.

2. Better training mode

Again, there is no excuse for this.

3. Differentiate characters a little more

Different jump arcs, less universal moves, etc...

4. More than 2 costumes per character that aren't so hard to distinguish from each other.

I understand color coding is a big thing in MK but when 2 people pick Sub Zero costume 1 and the only difference between them is that one is a slightly darker shade of blue it can get a little confusing. I mean lets be honest Scorpion and Sub Zero are the only characters left that still need color to distinguish themselves from each other, at this point you could just do warm colors = Scorpion and cool colors = Sub Zero.

5. Stop re-balancing the game every one to two months for the love of god!
I think enough has been said of this, monthly patches should be used for glitches/ bugs/ other TRUELY game breaking stuff. As much as people bitch about it, Capcom's method for balancing games ultimately works much better than the way NRS does things. NRS hotshoting patches is the reason Kabal is so dominating in MK9, 1 big balance patch/ Ultimate version of a game every year or 2 is the way to go.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
It has been some time since anyone has been in this thread but with the recent announcement of the exclusion of MK 9 @EVO 2014 MK loyalists are left to soak up any info we can about the return of MK. Rumored to be released in 2015, as time draws closer until an official announcement is made, wishlists will continue to be revised due to players most likely wanting to voice their opinions on their hangups experienced in MK9 and even Injustice.

For now, RED LANTERN would like to hear your latest suggestions for NRS to add to MK10 and in the time being, we will host contests for prizes such as an art contest (digital & hand-drawn) for those of you artistically-inclined or a 1,000-word limit storyline contest for MK with the TYM community to vote the winners!

http://redlanternchambers.jimdo.com/mortal-kombat/

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
1. Fix negative edge
2. Keep all characters from MK9, bring in a few new ones
3. Multiple costumes per character, custom accessories and colors (like KI is now doing)
6. Save online replays of matches

Everything else about it is already very good.
Lmao at get rid of block button on MK. other points good. You just CANT get rid of block button. Done for injustice, but its a big part of MK.

Glass Sword

Nobody
3 vs 3 King of Fighter style. I want this instead of tag since I would actually get some use out of it and it would be fun.

max-6186

Noob
1-see a good a story
2-dio Brando and kratos as a guests
3-change voices
4-mini games
5-more finisher
6-2d style stay
7-two X-ray for each character
8-tag x-Ray
9-maybe? Tag fatality
10-more characters

Last edited:

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I say keep the roster small, about as big as it is in MK9. Too many characters usually results in many similar characters. I prefer quality over quantity. Around 25 is good enough. Even 20 is acceptable to me provided they are very unique.

As some others have said, MK needs a much more comprehensive tutorial, maybe character specific tutorial. Unlike pros, normal people have a hard time understanding a character. The ones that look good or are personal favorites often play in a way that is unattractive to the player. For example, Quan-Chi is one of my favorite MK characters and when I picked up MK9 I started with him. But once I dug a bit deeper I found out that I don't like the way Quan-Chi plays in this game at all - all that meter building and unblockable traps and everything doesn't suit my style. But it took me a lot of time to figure that out. I finally settled on Ermac. A character specific tutorial would have helped me not just to decide on a character very quickly but also learn it quickly. As it happened I had to resort to forums and youtube videos.

The Bosses of MK9 are very cheap. They basically couldn't manage to make characters powerful enough while obeying the game's rules. So they just broke them. While I'm not such a stiff person, at times it just feels plain wrong. For example, the bosses having incredible damage is logical as character's in MK9 have varying levels of damage. However, the bosses having more health is a cheap way of making them powerful because all playable characters have the same health. But even that I can live with. What I find extremely low is that even their normal attacks can out-prioritize almost anything from playable characters. Its almost like they ran out of ideas and brought out the white flag. They need better made bosses for the next game.

The AI needs improvement as well. With some characters its dismal. It would help with the bosses as well.

A complete overhaul of the roster doesn't seem like a good idea. I say bring back like 15 characters from MK9, bring back 6-7 characters from other MK games like MK4 or MKD. And finally add 3-4 ORIGINAL new characters. A non-creative character like Skarlet doesn't add anything.