What's new

MK10 Wishlist

There's too damn many posts to read in this thread. Someone should compile a list of the most requested items (things that appear a certain number of times, like 3, 4, or 5) and let them be voted on so that it can be contained in one post for everyone to see. Something like that.
Someone should seriously go through this thread the best they can and put highlighted requests (most asked for) in the first post.
(whoever has that kind of time)
I do have one request though... remember those PS Vita UMK3 skins? DON'T MAKE THEM EXCLUSIVE TO A HANDHELD AGAIN. :)
So I went through whole thing and this is most requested features:
1. Better hitboxes
2. Hit trades
3. Remove stance button
4. Better training mode/ online training mode
5. Frost
6. Tanya
7. Fujin
8. Special intros
9. Friendships
10. Fix netcode
11. Modest outfits for woman.
12. Fix hair and cloth physics.

here are my own suggestions which took me three months
http://testyourmight.com/threads/community-wishlist-requests-to-make-it-more-classy-and-less-trashy.34891/

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Randomly decide to include a DC character as DLC, make him or her so overpowered the community leaders have to give forth impassioned diatribes about how he needs to be nerfed. Boon then focuses his eyebrow-lazers of nerfage on this character but unfortunately he was REO's main.

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
Oh man you guys forgot! They totally need to bring back Meat! Remember Meat? He's like the MOST important character in the MK mythos!

Sarcasim aside, I think it would be cool to see
1. Reiko (just another ninja which is always good to see in MK)
2. Tanya (Jade's rival)
3. Frost (need a Sub-Zero now that the 2nd one is a robot)
4. Shinnok (kinda mandatory)
5. Fujin (always wondered why there wern't many other Elder gods fighting to stop the one evil elder god)
6. Motaro (I really miss fighting this boss character -obviously would not be a playable character)
7. Quan-Chi's assassins (Really curious what their fighting styles would be like in MK10)

My MK10 wishlist;

No MK10 and just work on MK9, please for the love of god do not leave MK9 the way it is.
For everyone saying this you have to understand that MK9 has just gotten too old, it has had its day in the sun and if we want to see MK in tournaments from here on out we need a new game with new characters, some new moves, stages, story, and new unique fight mechanics, MK9 has just gotten played out and with the exception of this year Kabal is almost always the character to win all the tournaments, the only way to fix this without completely changing how all the characters work in MK9 is to reinvent them in MK10, and this time there has to be a proper beta period, with competitions and everything to really get every character balanced so we don't have such skewed tiers, that's all I really want, and I hope they'll do this because just paying a group of people to do QA does not insure a well balanced game which is what the fighting game community needs, we need tournament betas and an atleast 3 month QA period before releasing the game to the public and opening it for sanctioned tournaments.

Sami

Noob
My current wishlist:
  • Complete reboot, with MK10 starting at the start of the new story. Any dumb story/character arcs wiped and NRS start the MK story again without having to resort to time travel, visions, and all that other bollocks. While some character traits should obviously remain (e.g. Shang Tsung is old as fuck and absorbs souls), this game should be used to introduce MK to a new generation of players. Old MK farts (myself included) know most of the original backstory, and those who are honest with themselves know it turned into a bit of a clusterfuck. Everything in MK10 onwards is the new canon. Anything prior is the old... sorry, Klassic Kanon.
  • Challenge tower to provide the lulz, but also a challenge practice mode for actually learning the game/characters. Injustice kinda did this with the Star Labs but it was very basic and generally turned into a parody of a training mode after a while. The SF4 style challenges would fit well.
  • IGAU's training mode with additional bells and whistles:
    • New option that triggers moves when hit-stun ends (much like reversals trigger when blockstun ends). I will call this a "recovery move" to make this easier.
    • The ability to pick normals and dial-a-combos for wake-up/reversal/recovery triggers. Allows you to better test pokes and counter pokes.
    • The ability to playback a recorded sequence as part of wake-up/reversal/recovery. Again, good for testing what stuffs what. Practice mode is utterly key for working out new tech, and the easier it is for players to do this the better the game can be explored.
    • The ability to reset training mode during cinematic sequences (i.e. supers/x-rays/whatever they'll be called).
    • Different reset positions. Pressing select resets to the centre of the stage. Left+select resets to the left corner, and the opposite for right+select. down+select switches the character positions based on where they're currently standing (so P2 moved to P1, while P1 is moved to P2). Makes it much easier to test corner tech without having to keep dashing the opponent to the edge of the stage.
    • The ability to view all hitboxes.
    • The ability to replay any recorded sequence frame by frame.
  • Either less variation in stage size, or ideally all stages to be identical in size. Stage selection became a massive part of MK9, with whoever getting first pick having a huge advantage. Yes this could be solved by everyone agreeing to use 1 stage, but a) that's boring and b) getting everyone to agree on something is kinda impossible. By making all stages the same width, all stage selection does is change the visuals and provide a different stage fatality.
  • Stance swap button to be removed. The current hitbox system needs to be rewritten so hitboxes are identical regardless of which way your character is facing. I fully understand why characters change stances (allows for smoother and more varied animations), but the should be absolutely zero difference between standing facing the screen and facing away from it.
  • Stance swap button to be replaced with a taunt button which can only be used once per match. Taunt provides the opponent a damage boost on their next attack if it hits (no boosted damage if it blocked), and the bonus lasts for X seconds or until the opponent's move hits or is blocked. Rather than taunting putting you at an advantage, taunting the opponent puts you at a disadvantage by increasing their damage. Best used for bragging, humiliation, and hype.
  • Trades need to be in. No more player 1 advantage. Trades are in IGAU and they work great.
  • All intros/outros to be completely skippable. No more hanging about waiting for the character's win pose to complete - at a press of a button the menu should appear for rematch/character select/etc.
  • Regional match-making, with the option to change your region if you wish. If playing someone outside of your region in a random match, the person playing in their region gets to host the game (your fault for trying to play against somebody 5000 miles away).
  • The ability for players to rent dedicated servers and control who accesses them. If used, matches would be hosted on these servers which would remove any "host advantage" in the game. The server is the authority on who did what, and if P1 lags out it won't cause P2 to lag out as well. I'd rather this was the default hosting mode with players choosing to host matches on their own console if they chose too, but this would probably be too expensive so renting a server would be the only option. Dedicated servers would also allow easy implementation of spectator modes without destroying the host's bandwidth.
  • Most universal inputs (roundhouse, sweep, jump attacks, uppercut) to remain. These are a staple of the MK series and provide a good foundation for players when switching from character to character. Hitbox and frame data may change slightly, but on the whole an uppercut is an uppercut.
  • Expanded combo breaker system:
    • Repel: the current breaker. Both characters now end up at neutral frames regardless of where/when the breaker was performed. Potentially add the ability to change the break distance so up-close characters don't screw themselves over when using the repel breaker by putting themselves full screen. F+Block does the far (currently) repel, while B+Block does a closer repel.
    • Drop: you're unable to be juggled and just fall to the ground if in the air or standing. You still take damage from any hits that might connect, but any special movement properties are ignored. Useful for stuffing air combos and potentially ground ones too, with the chance of punishing the opponent if they've dialled in the combo too far in advance. Input can be D+Block.
    • I'd thought of doing an air recovery breaker with U+Block, but it's probably a little too extreme. The defender would be able to follow up with an air normal/special as if they had jumped. Risk comes from the combo damage/gravity being reset by the air recovery, so if you get hit right after the recovery you'll be put back into a fully reset combo.
  • Removal of fuzzy guard. Successfully blocking a low attack while in blockstun for a standing block immediately puts you into the crouch block position (with the crouch block frame data), and vice-versa for overheads when crouching. This might have far more implications than I know of...
  • All throws and command grabs are unblockable, but all can be broken by tapping the throw button. Blockable command grabs always struck me as a bit daft, but then so did command grabs being unescapable. If you read the throw/c.grab correctly and counter with your own throw, you should be rewarded for it. No direction input required for throw breaks either - IMO the change to this in Injustice was better than the MK9 system.
  • In-engine match recording. On by default, and at the end of the match you choose whether to save it or discard it. Option to automatically save it for those who want to obsessively record every match they've ever played. Next-gen consoles will seemingly have live streaming built-in to them, but this doesn't help if a) you're playing offline and b) want to review matches at a later date. Also useful when combined with the practice mode option suggestions of viewing hitboxes and playing back frame by frame.
  • Net code that doesn't suck balls so I can actually play the game.

a version of Kabal that i can play because i think the charcater is very interesting and fun to use without getting maligned for picking the best charcater.

Run buttonl
Slow dash
Block button
Konquest
ADD kobra
Bring back chat rooms
Add reply channel
ADD tournament mode
Add create ur character + can't be played online unless the other allow it

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Oh man you guys forgot! They totally need to bring back Meat! Remember Meat? He's like the MOST important character in the MK mythos!

Sarcasim aside, I think it would be cool to see
1. Reiko (just another ninja which is always good to see in MK)
3. Frost (need a Sub-Zero now that the 2nd one is a robot)
5. Fujin (always wondered why there wern't many other Elder gods fighting to stop the one evil elder god)
6. Motaro (I really miss fighting this boss character -obviously would not be a playable character)

1. not a ninja.
3. CSub is dead.
5. Fujin is a god, not an elder god.
6. died.

Sami

Noob
Unlockable specials? Wtf did I just read? .......
If that was in reply to my post, MK is rather unique in that command grabs are blockable. In pretty much any other game they are unblockable (including Injustice) and have no actual counter. I was opting for the middle ground where they're unblockable (as in most other fighting games) BUT there is a universal counter to them (throw breaking).

Sasuga

Noob
Please no MK10. We want basically the entire MK9 cast to be in it and most of the mechanics. The perfect MK10 would be a fixed MK9!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Kenshiro!!! D:, i wanna make the suggestion on his twitter, but i don't know if u need a twit account, or can u post anon?