What's new

MK10 Wishlist

max-6186

Noob
What I'm interested in is the kharacters.

New:
- Skarlet
- Rain
- Kenshi
- Kai
- Fujin
- Tanya
- Reiko
- Shinnok (playable & final boss)
- Li Mei
- Bo'Rai Cho
- Sareena
- Drahmin
- Tremor

Returning:
- Scorpion
- Sub-Zero (human - Kuai Liang)
- Johnny Cage
- Sonya
- Liu Kang (neutral)
- Raiden
- Kano
- Reptile (neutral)
- Mileena
- Baraka
- Smoke
- Noob Saibot
- Jade
- Cyrax
- Sektor
- Ermac
- Quan Chi

Bosses:
- Shinnok
- Goro (sub-boss)
- Motaro (sub-boss)

Non-Playable:
- Jax
- Kung Lao
- Stryker
- Nightwolf
- Kabal
- Sindel
- Sheeva

DLC:
- Kitana
- Ashrah
- Havik
Motaro is dead

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
That horse makes me laugh and feel sorry for it at the same time.

My wishlist? Just finetune some of the mechanics and engine. Ultimately it's up to the developers whether what characters they put in or don't... Or whether it'll still have a block button etc. As for balance, well we already know that balance takes awhile even during launch and patches but I would hope with how they did Injustice with the current patch that character design and viability will no longer be a main issue

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'd like to see some of those arcade endings become canonish and worked into MK10's story, more specifically:
  • Liu Kang's
  • Shang Tsung's
  • Nightwolf's
  • Cyrax's
  • Sektor's

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I'd like to see some of those arcade endings become canonish and worked into MK10's story, more specifically:
  • Liu Kang's
  • Shang Tsung's
  • Nightwolf's
  • Cyrax's
  • Sektor's
I'm quite sure Nightwolf won't be in MK10. He is not relevant in a nether realm based story, which I assume MK10 will follow. He wasn't very popular in MK9 either. Unfortunately, the same is true for Sektor, who has been my main since I got tired of Ermac. Even Cyrax could get the axe despite being so popular.

I hope Cyrax and Sektor make it though. They are retelling the whole story so I'm hoping they find ways to keep those characters relevant to the story.

callMEcrazy

What I'm interested in is the kharacters.

New:
- Skarlet
- Rain
- Kenshi
- Kai
- Fujin
- Tanya
- Reiko
- Shinnok (playable & final boss)
- Li Mei
- Bo'Rai Cho
- Sareena
- Drahmin
- Tremor

Returning:
- Scorpion
- Sub-Zero (human - Kuai Liang)
- Johnny Cage
- Sonya
- Liu Kang (neutral)
- Raiden
- Kano
- Reptile (neutral)
- Mileena
- Baraka
- Smoke
- Noob Saibot
- Jade
- Cyrax
- Sektor
- Ermac
- Quan Chi

Bosses:
- Shinnok
- Goro (sub-boss)
- Motaro (sub-boss)

Non-Playable:
- Jax
- Kung Lao
- Stryker
- Nightwolf
- Kabal
- Sindel
- Sheeva

DLC:
- Kitana
- Ashrah
- Havik
I'm also mostly interested in the characters.

I see you have listed 33 playable characters together with the DLCs. That's a few too many for my comfort. I always fear that when there are too many characters they lack unique traits and are all fairly similar. Armageddon is a good example. I'd be happy with 28 very detailed and unique characters.

I'm also not sure if I want Shinnok to be playable. If he is then he would need massive buffs as the boss. I just want Shinnok as a great boss, playable or not. I'd like Motaro as a boss too but I'm not sure how they'll fit him in.

Here's my dream cast:

1. Fujin
  2. Ashrah
  3. Havik
  4. Hotaru
  5. Drahmin
  6. Li Mei
  7. Tanya
  8. Sareena
  9. Nitara
  10. Raiden
  11. Quan-Chi
  12. Shang Tsung
  13. Noob Saibot
  14. Scorpion
  15. Subzero (shredder look)
  16. Cyrax
  17. Sektor
  18. Liu Kang
  19. Reptile
  20. Kitana
  21. Jade
  22. Baraka
  23. Rain
  24. Ermac
  25. Mileena
  26. Kenshi
Plus 2 brand new characters

Have Shinnok and Motaro maybe as boss. Quan-Chi should also be a boss of sorts, like Shang Tsung in MK9. I think they might have Quan-Chi raise Motaro from the dead. Lets see what happens.

I think they might have Quan-Chi raise Motaro from the dead. Lets see what happens.
That would be cool, considering the feud with the Shokan race. I can see this happening, with some kind of "promise" that for his service and victory, the Shokan would be wiped out.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
The biggest thing I want for any Mortal Kombat game is to see it go back to Digitized Sprites. It may just be me, but I always thought that digitzed sprites 1. Made Mortal Kombat even more unique 2. Looked freakin awesome 3. would be insane with today's technology.

I doubt it'll ever happen again, except as maybe a reskinned mk1 2 or 3; but I would jizz so hard if it did.

Another thing I'd like to see is the elimination of useless strings. I'm sure it can be hard to tell which strings are going to be useful or not while developing the game, but some strings just seem so obvious like Baraka's 122 and 121.

Oh yeah and I would love to see a new Tarkatan and Shokan!!! It would be awesome if the Tarkatan had a Mohawk made of Spikes and blades that came out of his elbows and knees. I freakin' love outworld.

callMEcrazy

The biggest thing I want for any Mortal Kombat game is to see it go back to Digitized Sprites. It may just be me, but I always thought that digitzed sprites 1. Made Mortal Kombat even more unique 2. Looked freakin awesome 3. would be insane with today's technology.

I doubt it'll ever happen again, except as maybe a reskinned mk1 2 or 3; but I would jizz so hard if it did.

Another thing I'd like to see is the elimination of useless strings. I'm sure it can be hard to tell which strings are going to be useful or not while developing the game, but some strings just seem so obvious like Baraka's 122 and 121.

Oh yeah and I would love to see a new Tarkatan and Shokan!!! It would be awesome if the Tarkatan had a Mohawk made of Spikes and blades that came out of his elbows and knees. I freakin' love outworld.
Graphically I really liked MK9 TBH, so I wouldn't mind if things stayed the same.

Elimination of useless strings makes sense. Or rather, make every string such that they are all useful in some way. For example, I play Sektor and he doesn't seem to have many useless strings. I also play Ermac and he has truck loads of useless strings. So they have to figure out what they did right with Sektor and what went wrong with Ermac. I'm definitely in favor of having a lot of options though. Either way some strings will always be more useful than others.

This is exactly why I don't want too many characters. I'd rather have them make fewer characters and spend more time on each of them so they feel unique, refined and balanced.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Oh yeah I just remembered what else I want in MK10. An entirely new 3d modeler. I'm sorry, I hate for someone to lose their job, but every girl has manface and all of the hair looked like raccoon tails. Also, whoever is making design decisions like giving Kabal straight up pigtails and reptile a Girdle that is held up with a belt around his neck should be hit with a stick.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
First of all I don't want it to be MKvsDC2...
Ahem. Sorry.

Browsed through this thread and I was a bit confused.
People, why on Earth would you want undocumented s***, gameplay affecting customization and the like? I can understand the latter as a casual option (we had this stupid "test your luck" after all, so why not this?), but not former.

If you are looking for diversity, you'd better wish that devs don't drop the ball with balance and can commit to some "Nth anniversary patch" to fix most obvious issues when stuff is mostly settled. I think that one goes without saying though, so whatever...

Also, whoever is making design decisions like giving Kabal straight up pigtails...
I kinda liked those and they are kinda justified.
I actually liked how they managed to make generic (by modern standards at least) cybergoth-like character (or whatever it's called now, I dunno) kinda good. Too bad Kabal was like everywhere and became sickening sight way too fast. Another related issue is how his pretty neat animations got butchered by his own NDC mechanics, which is just another reason why it was gay as hell.

Since putting characters on wishlist is something nobody cares about anyways (everyone has favorites, big deal), I'd rather say that I want controls to stay purely practical. MK did somewhat decent as PvP rather than PvControls game, I'd prefer it to stay that way.

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
I just want to be able to see the different skins in the character select screen and, dare I say it, back to block

callMEcrazy

I just want to be able to see the different skins in the character select screen and, dare I say it, back to block
You seem to have a pretty generic taste of fighting games. Almost all of them have back to block, so why don't you try something else ? I myself have probably played more KOF than MK in my life. Trust me, back to block is not an MK thing.

max-6186

Noob
Man look...mortal kombat with back to block :coffee:
Look try anther fighting game like street fighter,tekken,KoF or skullgirls.

But this :blk Is for mortal kombat!!

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
And VF, and SC, and DoA, etc.

Yeah they're 3D fighters, but you mentioned Tekken soooo...

I guess my wishlist is simple : better netcode, more varied viable playstyles, less shitty strings, better animation (c'mon I know it's never been their strong point but that shit looks ridiculous now), varied bodies for the women (Kitana/Mileena having a similar body? Sure. Sharing it across all the women? C'mon son.) I:GAU did it (WW doesn't look similar to Raven, etc.) and no one complained.

Maybe try exploring further the trash tier characters and severely revamp their movelist because as it stands it doesn't matter what you do it's gonna suck ass.

tl;dr make it bigger and better.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Hopefully NRS wont randomly change all the characters strings this time, story jumps forward a couple of years to where shinnock has control over earth and is using humans as slaves, and harvests souls in preparation to defeat the elder gods. The good guys are now like rebel forces hiding out and planning one big attack to bring down the bad guys. Something along them lines. Here is my roster: (some were killed so they get resurrected in some lame NRS story line way lol

Good:
Raiden (Changes) Faster projectile, B3 hits low.
Sonya (Changes) more recovery on projectile and cartweel.
Johnny cage (Changes) a little more recovery on f33.
Sub zero, younger brother gets pulled out of his shitty robo-suit and healed over time (changes) 2 is faster start up, hits mid on all characters. Faster start up on ice ball, ground freeze much faster start up, EX version slides them towards you (like old puddle), clone doesnt fuck up due to proximity, 1 becomes useful, can also anti air. slide stays almost the same except ex launches.

Will write more later :p