What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Yes I do... I can play all of my games 100 years from now if I still have it and I don't have to connect to X1's server to do so.

I'm all for change, but to tell me that I can't play the games I purchase unless I authenticate with a corporate server every day, you can go fuck yourself M$... They can take their XBone and shove it so far up their asses that I hope they choke on it.

What happens in 10-15 years when those servers no longer exist and M$ drops support for the X1? All of the money you spent is gone and you have a brick. I can still play my Atari 2600/NES/SNES/TG-16/SMS/Genesis/PS1/PS2/PS3/360/etc whenever I want and will always be able to do so.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that with all of the backlash, people will hack the shit out of this system.
No you don't. You have a copy of said product, that the content maker has mad available to you, but even still with "your stuff," their are limits to what you can do.

If you don't like MS's stance on the issue...DON'T BUY IT. But don't start talking like someone is trying to rip you off just because you've been spoiled FOR YEARS with the way things have been. You don't know me Konqrr, but I've been around just as long as you have, and I'm just as "old school" as you are. If you haven't realized yet that gaming IS NOT a right but a privilege, then I have nothing else to say.

ZedZeus

WoolayWarrior
Wow! This thread is hella entertaining!

I find it amusing how the very people trying to make a case for the XB 1 as part of the future have, neatly, sidestepped the fact that more than half the friggin world will not be able to use the XB 1 after launch due to its internet and support policies. Ignoring half the world's issues with internet connectivity doesn't seem very futuristic to me - it just seems arrogant.

Under_The_Mayo, Eddy Wang and lebanese boy - made some very interesting comments about either not having the 'privileges' of a solid and secure internet connection or just the misfortune of being in the wrong continent that XB 1 cant be bothered to support yet. I will admit - I am one of the privileged ones who can count on a secure internet connection and I also happen to be in the right country that MS has decided to support; but it doesn't mean that you put your hands up to the rest of the world and say 'Tough luck!'. It is not a fair policy and doesn't sound like sound business strategy either.

I am also concerned that certain people here are so apathetic to the fact that EVERYONE pays the same price or more for the XB 1, but not everyone will be able to use it the same way!

...and then I remembered I was on TYM and I'm not really surprised with how people are on here! :p

No blind statement at all..no favoritism either.. It is what it is is simply the fact of it.. Microsoft is making the kinect part of its central mission focus.. And again, the only thing we have to compare it to is what we currently have (Wii, Kinect, Eye/Move, and movie magic) Where we want technology to get is to that funny Batman meme or Star Trek, which make anything we have seen up until now seem elementary. Baby steps and bailing is not going to get us there.. No one can see where/what the plans for the next kinect are (2-3 years into the system) except Microsoft..

I'm happy that you made your decision based off of research and what fits you best.. However with my family dynamic.. The extra $100 overhead for the XB1 seems to fit my family situation at this moment.. We are currently too spread out over cable TV/ Internet/ Netflix/ Hulu... So if one solution can bring us all together.. (The Kinect/ TV for my wife and kids, the gaming for me) bonus. However I am not rushing out day 1 to pick it up.. 6-12 months in I am looking at reviews and feedback to both and will make a decision from there.. What good is the one stop box if it melts down after 2 weeks? What good would a PS4 do me if there is a glaring defect, or a controversial issue overlooked and exposed post launch?

I am trying to keep the balance in this overall debate, balance is good and is needed. Our hobby thrives on competition.... And there happens to be so many people that are 500% into the Sony train that it makes me look like a Microsoft spokesperson... But it is all in trying to keep the balance and help people realize that there is two sides to every coin..

Precisely the way I feel. ZedZeus Half the world is not being forced to buy it. It might not be the best business decision for Microsoft as their target market is smaller but that doesn't make the people who have a solid internet connection who will enjoy the features of the system stupid for spending money on something they enjoy. Like Web I'm on the fence I don't know which will be better yet as there isn't enough information or reviews, but in terms of the once per 24 hour online check-in feature it doesn't bother me, I haven't turned on a console that wasn't connected to the internet since I owned an N64. A big factor for me in this will be if PS4 has changed their dash board and added more multi-tasking features. It's really annoying to me that I have to exit the game I'm in if I make any sort of change on my PS3, it's also annoying that there is no party system for me to stay in persistent contact with my friends until I get into a game lobby with them. If PS4 has fixed both of those issues the 360 will be a hard sell unless their new multimedia/entertainment features are really amazing.

ZedZeus

WoolayWarrior
Precisely the way I feel. @ZedZeus Half the world is not being forced to buy it. It might not be the best business decision for Microsoft as their target market is smaller but that doesn't make the people who have a solid internet connection who will enjoy the features of the system stupid for spending money on something they enjoy. Like Web I'm on the fence I don't know which will be better yet as there isn't enough information or reviews, but in terms of the once per 24 hour online check-in feature it doesn't bother me, I haven't turned on a console that wasn't connected to the internet since I owned an N64. A big factor for me in this will be if PS4 has changed their dash board and added more multi-tasking features. It's really annoying to me that I have to exit the game I'm in if I make any sort of change on my PS3, it's also annoying that there is no party system for me to stay in persistent contact with my friends until I get into a game lobby with them. If PS4 has fixed both of those issues the 360 will be a hard sell unless their new multimedia/entertainment features are really amazing.
I understand people aren't forced to buy it; but if they are trying to compete with SONY for the console market - then they have basically marketed the PS4 to everyone rather than the XB 1. Maybe in a decade or so we can hope the whole world has brilliantly fast and reliable internet; maybe then the XB 1 will make sense. But until then, it'll be an oversized paper-weight to anyone wanting to buy it in - say India, the middle east or Africa! They don't have XBL support for the largest continent on earth???!!!!!! WTF MS??

SRP

Noob
What? digital games cost the same as phyical copies for the same reason a books.

The real comparison is console verson of digital game A vs PC version digital game A. Console has higher price on average for longer than the PC...because of the physical media tie it has.
That's not true, PC still have a physical disc media available as well. As a whole though PC games average 10 dollars cheaper on release date than console games, whether digital or a physical copy. Just looking on Amazon real quick: Go look at FF XIV: A Realm Reborn. PC physical copy: 29.88 PC download copy: 49.99 as of right now. If you want the same game on PS3 it's 39.99 Crysis 3 is both 39.99 for a PC physical copy or digital copy right now. Companies will charge the price they believe people will pay for it. If they think you will pay 60 dollars for a game they will charge 60 dollars for a game, regardless of format. Pc games go down in price faster as pirating PC games is by most things easier to do than for a console.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Reading this thread makes me remember the ps1 vs n64 console wars. A whole bunch of people claiming to know everything when reality they know next to nothing :)

Physical books don't keep prices high. Greed does. Why do digital games cost as much as physical copies right now?
Because the publishers know that most gamers are unedjucated and don't have the slightest clue how much a game "should" cost, if it's a digital download (which would be around 27-30$).

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Because the publishers know that most gamers are unedjucated and don't have the slightest clue how much a game "should" cost, if it's a digital download (which would be around 27-30$).

Look at EA and origin.

Yeah... going all digital sure saved me cash. It was even proven to be spyware...

I just saw the countries XBL will support... Crazy... It will be available in Germany and in Russia, but not in between? Da fuck?
"The Witcher 3", probably one of the most anticipated games and a game of the year candidate without a doubt is being developed in Poland Microsoft doesn't even support it?
Too bad TW3 didn't become aPS4 exclusive.

PS4:

+ Region Free
+ No Used Games Restrictions
+ No Lending Restrictions
+ No Selling Restrictions
+ No Disc Authentication
+ No Always On Conection Required
+ $100 Cheaper than Xbox One
+ Approximately 30-50% more powerful than Xbox One
+ Most likely better and much more Exclusive Titles
+ No 24 Hour Mandatory Check
+ No Mandatory Camera
+ No 1 Hour Verification When Playing at a Friend's House
- Paid Online Multiplayer

X-Box One:

Just invert all the "+" into "-" and leave the rest untouched.

A valid complaint from soldiers, yes. Not a valid complaint from someone that has access to the internet and only complains because they say, "what if my internet stops working."
So by that logic the Holocaust should only be offensive to Jews and the US should have never gotten involved because the Nazis weren't doing anything to us. Seriously, if you're going to get an Xbox 1 then get it but for the majority of people complaining about it is due to the principle of limiting the consumers rather than giving everyone the rights they had as the PS4 plans to do

Wow! This thread is hella entertaining!

I find it amusing how the very people trying to make a case for the XB 1 as part of the future have, neatly, sidestepped the fact that more than half the friggin world will not be able to use the XB 1 after launch due to its internet and support policies. Ignoring half the world's issues with internet connectivity doesn't seem very futuristic to me - it just seems arrogant.

Under_The_Mayo, Eddy Wang and lebanese boy - made some very interesting comments about either not having the 'privileges' of a solid and secure internet connection or just the misfortune of being in the wrong continent that XB 1 cant be bothered to support yet. I will admit - I am one of the privileged ones who can count on a secure internet connection and I also happen to be in the right country that MS has decided to support; but it doesn't mean that you put your hands up to the rest of the world and say 'Tough luck!'. It is not a fair policy and doesn't sound like sound business strategy either.

I am also concerned that certain people here are so apathetic to the fact that EVERYONE pays the same price or more for the XB 1, but not everyone will be able to use it the same way!

...and then I remembered I was on TYM and I'm not really surprised with how people are on here! :p
it makes me mad how 0 arabian countries r supported and more then a million guyz were hype for the xb1 ?
thats totally dissrespectfull by ms
AND they talked to them on twitter
the answer was
deal with it ? LOL
i was gonna get xb1 after ps4 but how they treat arabs
all i can say is fuck them and fuck their xb done

JaredL

it makes me mad how 0 arabian countries r supported and more then a million guyz were hype for the xb1 ?
thats totally dissrespectfull by ms
AND they talked to them on twitter
the answer was
deal with it ? LOL
i was gonna get xb1 after ps4 but how they treat arabs
all i can say is fuck them and fuck their xb done

Even if you want it you can't play it...

I'm sure there are some deluded polish people who want to buy an xbox one. Hell, they showcased Witcher 3, a polish game with polish devs... but polish people won't play it on the xbone.

Even if you want it you can't play it...

I'm sure there are some deluded polish people who want to buy an xbox one. Hell, they showcased Witcher 3, a polish game with polish devs... but polish people won't play it on the xbone.
we can
we buy a vpn from a site
like 100$ per year
to make our connection as its from usa
we can use the xb1
but its gonna be laggy as fuck

Saffa

Noob
How 'bout you wait until the console is actually released before you complain about it. nothing is set in stone right now. So pump your brakes kid, please.
Will you jump on the Hate-wagon with us if it all turns out to be tue? Because I have heard enough form M$'s own mouthes for me to condemn it.

Lol. So you're telling me I cannot play with MY console which I fucking worked and payed for after coming back from a long day from college/work just because my internet connection is down...? You're in a gaming forum, god forbid someone sees the xbox1 for the shit it is.

You're fucking retarded. Just because you want to lay down your rights because microsoft has brainwashed you does not mean we're that stupid too. We have a RIGHT to be able to play something we paid for regardless of what can happen one day ( because we're human ). The tired student who wants to play for a few hours after a finishing studying, the working father who only has some limited time to play or anyone is basically fucked if their internet goes down. Who the fuck are you to object against this complaint? I have honestly not read a single more stupid comment in my whole fucking TYM residency, and believe me, I've seen my fair share of retarded shit.
u were going 2 get x360
and for the next gen
ur saying fuck xb1
so ur not getting x360 ?

JaredL

i bought a 360 a month ago

Good news Qwark! You can't use the xbone in Greece. So, in the event that you are possessed by ghosts or something, and they force you to buy it, it can won't be possible.