What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

MashBot

You're over matched.
I understand some people saying there gonna get both. But if your pick xbone over ps4 something is wrong inside your head. Let me start by say this
1. Xbox can read body heat and can tell how many ppl are in a room and or house.
2. Xbox will charge you more to RENT a movie if more people is in that room.
3. Xbox is charging you for Xbox live and to watch movies on Netflix( on top of what you pay of Netflix)
4. There is no fee to loan a game. The fee is the price of the game.
5. If you do loan a game it is only ONCE, for 1 hour and that person have to be on your friend list for 30 days
6. You do not own the game it's self but the rights to play the game on one Gametag ($60+) to RENT A GAME.
7. If Xbox ever decide to close shop for whatever reason everything you paid for is gone for good.. Because it never was yours you was just renting
8. When you buy any Xbox one you agreed to an contact saying, but not limited to Xbox one have the rights to change any policy any time. Ex. (So no the 1st year your setting is set to dont send or receive info. but year 2 the fucking thing never shuts off, you might not notice it cause you never use it and you have no say so!)And the rights to give (get this) RECORDED VIDEO AND AUDIO TO ANY 3rd PARTY THEY WISH. Without you knowing. What if you have kids? You know how easy it is to hack netcodes and ips? I can sit out side your house in a van and see everything from you the hand you jerk off with to the size of your shoe. Really a bunch of 12yrs took down psn in 2010 I think. It was down for months!
I can go on and on and on but you know what.. If you have the money and not the brains, to get sucked into M$ bullshit over a few Xbox only titles at release. Then wait til Xbox break the contact then rite go head more power to ya.

Sorry about the tone posted it in another post and was kind of emotional about it lol. Take it with some salt

Saffa

Noob
I understand some people saying there gonna get both. But if your pick xbone over ps4 something is wrong inside your head. Let me start by say this
1. Xbox can read body heat and can tell how many ppl are in a room and or house.
3. Xbox is charging you for Xbox live and to watch movies on Netflix( on top of what you pay of Netflix)
5. If you do loan a game it is only ONCE, for 1 hour and that person have to be on your friend list for 30 days
6. You do not own the game it's self but the rights to play the game on one Gametag ($60+) to RENT A GAME.
7. If Xbox ever decide to close shop for whatever reason everything you paid for is gone for good.. Because it never was yours you was just renting
8. When you buy any Xbox one you agreed to an contact saying, but not limited to Xbox one have the rights to change any policy any time. Ex. (So no the 1st year your setting is set to dont send or receive info. but year 2 the fucking thing never shuts off, you might not notice it cause you never use it and you have no say so!)And the rights to give (get this) RECORDED VIDEO AND AUDIO TO ANY 3rd PARTY THEY WISH. Without you knowing. What if you have kids? You know how easy it is to hack netcodes and ips? I can sit out side your house in a van and see everything from you the hand you jerk off with to the size of your shoe. Really a bunch of 12yrs took down psn in 2010 I think. It was down for months!
I can go on and on and on but you know what.. If you have the money and not the brains, to get sucked into M$ bullshit over a few Xbox only titles at release. Then wait til Xbox break the contact then rite go head more power to ya.

Sorry about the tone posted it in another post and was kind of emotional about it lol. Take it with some salt
Some wrong info here but I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Welcome to the FUX NAX (Former Users of Xbox Now Against Xbox)

Saffa

Noob
Wrong I was ranting so maybe but what.

I'm not going to break everything down, basically because I am also not 100% sure.

As example "If you do loan a game it is only ONCE, for 1 hour and that person have to be on your friend list for 30 days"

I don't think this is correct. What I understand is that you may give away a game once. There is no getting it back. (Or sell it privatley in reality) The 1 hour thing comes in that you can play your own games on someone else's console by signing in on it, BUT then it must be verified via internet connection every hour.I could be wrong. as long as we agree M$ can suck my harddrive.

MashBot

You're over matched.
I'm not going to break everything down, basically because I am also not 100% sure.

As example "If you do loan a game it is only ONCE, for 1 hour and that person have to be on your friend list for 30 days"

I don't think this is correct. What I understand is that you may give away a game once. There is no getting it back. (Or sell it privatley in reality) The 1 hour thing comes in that you can play your own games on someone else's console by signing in on it, BUT then it must be verified via internet connection every hour.I could be wrong. as long as we agree M$ can suck my harddrive.
No that is correct. You can lean a game out as in I give you a game to play but its only ONCE that game can be gave out. And for one hr. plus who ever that lucky sob is have to be on my friend list for 30 days.
And you have to verify on your home Xbox with you home ip. So far as it stands even if I bring my Xbox to your house since we're not on my home ip we only get an hr to play.

C-Sword

Noob
It'll take more than Killer Instinct to win me over, I don't want this Kinect crap, I don't play Kinect games and don't have the space for that. It'll be impossible to bring the console to a friend's place without a car. Unlike the PS4, arcade sticks from the current generation will probably not be compatible. Just why would I opt for the more expensive console of the 2, but it's actually weaker?

Fuck Killer Instinct lol... Sony is going to answer back with an exclusive of their own, Bloody Roar

SRP

Noob
It'll take more than Killer Instinct to win me over, I don't want this Kinect crap, I don't play Kinect games and don't have the space for that. It'll be impossible to bring the console to a friend's place without a car. Unlike the PS4, arcade sticks from the current generation will probably not be compatible. Just why would I opt for the more expensive console of the 2, but it's actually weaker?

Fuck Killer Instinct lol... Sony is going to answer back with an exclusive of their own, Bloody Roar
I want a new Weaponlord. It may show my age, but that game was great, and I think the FGC would welcome the hardcore aspects of it.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I just saw the countries XBL will support... Crazy... It will be available in Germany and in Russia, but not in between? Da fuck?
"The Witcher 3", probably one of the most anticipated games and a game of the year candidate without a doubt is being developed in Poland Microsoft doesn't even support it?
Too bad TW3 didn't become aPS4 exclusive.

PS4:

+ Region Free
+ No Used Games Restrictions
+ No Lending Restrictions
+ No Selling Restrictions
+ No Disc Authentication
+ No Always On Conection Required
+ $100 Cheaper than Xbox One
+ Approximately 30-50% more powerful than Xbox One
+ Most likely better and much more Exclusive Titles
+ No 24 Hour Mandatory Check
+ No Mandatory Camera
+ No 1 Hour Verification When Playing at a Friend's House
- Paid Online Multiplayer

X-Box One:

Just invert all the "+" into "-" and leave the rest untouched.
You do realize that throwing down a stance like this (like you already own a PS4) is making you look plain foolish. You are not a Microsoft fan, you will NOT be getting an XB1.. Everyone on TYM knows this.. You are a one trick pony Killzone... You spout off Sony rhetoric like they are giving you a free console.. You quote face value stats with "most likely" and "approximately", the you add some SUPER CUTE and clever XboxDone or XboxNone (I see what you did there) to make yourself feel big.. But it's ultimately the same post in every different thread... Are you trying to make yourself believe something?

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Reading this thread makes me remember the ps1 vs n64 console wars. A whole bunch of people claiming to know everything when reality they know next to nothing :)
Different ERA of gaming. Back then it was just about graphics and games. Now, with the leaps and bounds of technology, the giant gaming community, more people being educated about technology, and the introduction of the internet to console gaming, people know what to expect and demand more from developers than just graphics and games.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
You do realize that throwing down a stance like this (like you already own a PS4) is making you look plain foolish. You are not a Microsoft fan, you will NOT be getting an XB1.. Everyone on TYM knows this.. You are a one trick pony Killzone... You spout off Sony rhetoric like they are giving you a free console.. You quote face value stats with "most likely" and "approximately", the you add some SUPER CUTE and clever XboxDone or XboxNone (I see what you did there) to make yourself feel big.. But it's ultimately the same post in every different thread... Are you trying to make yourself believe something?

Can you try to counter his points? All the things he said about the xbone are true.

Now, whether or not that affects your decision to buy is a separate thing, but all he said was true.

Lol @ some of the rage and passion people are displaying for video games. Seriously, some of you just need to chill out a little bit. Channel that passion and rage towards something like exercise and you'll be a lot less of an angry individual.

You do realize that throwing down a stance like this (like you already own a PS4) is making you look plain foolish
Is it?

You are not a Microsoft fan, you will NOT be getting an XB1.. Everyone on TYM knows this..
I own a X-Box 360. I own Halo games, Gears of War games and a Forza game. I love the franchises. They were pioneers of entire franchises. I like X-Box Live, even though it costs money and I believe other people, when they say that X-Box Live offers a better online experience than PSN, which tends to have more lag.

You are a one trick pony Killzone...
Am I?

You spout off Sony rhetoric like they are giving you a free console..
They're not giving me a free console, but they're giving me more freedom than their competition. I like and prefer freedom.

You quote face value stats with "most likely" and "approximately", the you add some SUPER CUTE and clever XboxDone or XboxNone (I see what you did there) to make yourself feel big..
1) I am big.
2) I'm quoting for truth.

But it's ultimately the same post in every different thread... Are you trying to make yourself believe something?
You know what's also the same in every different thread? The problem.
As long as the problem remains the same, my reponses will remain the same.

You don't like that? Feel free to ignore me. You don't seem to like me. Why would you bother with me then?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
[/quote]
"Spencer did add, however, that like any entertainment company Microsoft listens to consumers and Xbox One will evolve over time"

I think that line from the article is hilarious. They are saying that they wont change based on consumer feedback (the premise of the article)... but then they say that. I guess what they are saying is that once it flops they will reconsider. :p

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Microsoft already confirmed that Xbox 360 accessories won't work on XB1.

Also why would Bloody Roar be PS exclusive? Weren't 3 and 4 on the Xbox and Gamecube despite Sony's huge market share?

On an interesting note however, it seems Namco are leaning back towards PS-only releases for Tekken, at least as far as home consoles are concerned. Traditionally Namco base their arcade hardware on the respective PS architecture of the generation and I'd assume they're continuing this with PS4, maybe Sony cut an exclusivity deal in return.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Different ERA of gaming. Back then it was just about graphics and games. Now, with the leaps and bounds of technology, the giant gaming community, more people being educated about technology, and the introduction of the internet to console gaming, people know what to expect and demand more from developers than just graphics and games.
With Smart Phone and IOS games (simple yet soooo damn effective and approachable) being on the rise and threatens the core standard that we as consoles gamers have chosen for years..is a very strange adjustment to me.. Think of all the titles you have LOVED over the years throughout all the different systems.. Then think about how games like Candy Crush and FarmVille threaten the existence of our beloved titles and consoles.. If many of us as consumers see this for the threat it is... You do not think dev's and console makers see this threat as well? It is my belief that in order to truly compete the consoles are going to have to raise the bar..

How are the graphics that are maxed out on PS4/XB1/WiiU going to push the limits and raise the bar? It is not like the difference between NES and PS2.. And let us not forget the outstanding graphic games of the late 360 and PS3 era are the ones wing threatened by simple IOS games.. So then I ask.. What will two generations graphics look like? Will graphics come down to Mortal Kombat 13 being released and when you choose say Scorpion, NRS will send a character actor dressed like Scorpion to come punch you in the face?

The time where console gamers having ample choices are coming to an end.. And we new to start coming together and hoping that one of the big 3 make the push properly.. Or else we are doomed to a Plants vs Zombie, Candy Crush IOS future.. THAT scares me more than anything Sony or Microsoft has announced.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
PS4:

+ Region Free- at launch: yes
+ No Used Games Restrictions- Sony has told you "their" stance- but people tend to leave out the fact that they will be giving publishers their own voice and options (basically a fall guy when they end up following similar practices as Microsoft) Sony "looks like the good guy"
+ No Lending Restrictions- See above
+ No Selling Restrictions- see two above
+ No Disc Authentication- see three above + at the start of the life.. Mid/late life cycle is yet to e determined
+ No Always On Conection Required- yes
+ $100 Cheaper than Xbox One- for the core system- yes (if the eye/move choice factors in to your decision or want from the system it brings the price point closer than $100)
+ Approximately 30-50% more powerful than Xbox One- of sheer power components- unknown if 30-50%- but from raw specs alone appear to be in Sony's favor (unknown if proper cloud usage plays a part in this)
+ Most likely better and much more Exclusive Titles- No- 100% opinion
+ No 24 Hour Mandatory Check- yes
+ No Mandatory Camera- Yes
+ No 1 Hour Verification When Playing at a Friend's House- (only when playing via digital library)
- Paid Online Multiplayer- both.
JaredL

There you have it.. Pick faults with logic away!

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Even though I know this isn't directed at me, I have been bashing the complete shit out of the Xbox One/Xbone/Xbox Done/Xbox None/Xbox took 359 steps back and is now 1 (lol one of the trolliest one's I've heard so far).

But I will answer this honestly and rationally. I will most likely buy an Xbox at some point. This initial wave has just solidified the PS4 as a day one buy for me, and the Xbox One as a "wait and see."

There are multiple factors that have gone into my decision and some of which haven't really been mentioned here. I, like many here, don't buy or sell used games, and I am also always connected (except my 360 isn't currently because I have a 1st gen 360 that requires a separate piece for wi-fi and my router and everything is upstairs with my PC). I also don't have a problem with the Kinect2 as a forced added product as I own a Kinect currently (though I don't really use it), but I do have an issue and many questions regarding its features.

While I appreciate that they want to push gaming into the future, we're at an awkward point right now, at least in the U.S. As it stands, we rely heavily on broadband services and ISPs, some of which are proven unreliable time and time again. And also some of these ISPs control large areas of service, basically becoming a monopoly in those areas and preventing any competition and options from customers. Additonally, we lack a fiber component in the U.S. that other countries get to enjoy (namely Japan, Korea, and some EU countries). Yes, Google Fiber is on the rise, but that is something that will take time to develop and spread throughout the country.

But the thing that gets me the most about this whole ordeal is the arrogance and audacity of Microsoft since the One's reveal. Their complete unwillingness to listen to it's fan base, the "Deal with it" attitude (which I'm glad that guy was fired and rightly so), and even now with the blatant ignorance of Mattrick basically saying "just get a 360 for offline." Seriously...what the fuck is wrong with you to act like that towards your loyal followers and potential clientele? Fuck, if I acted like this at my job I'd have a full bird Colonel or a General's foot so far up my ass I'd have to open my mouth so he could tie his shoe.

I've owned every Playstation AND Xbox since they've dropped to market, but this side step has caused me to be questionable in going for the One. People keep saying "wait and see at launch," and I will do just that. I will wait and see how Microsoft reacts and I will wait and see how the public grades the One after we've actually gotten hands on.

In the meantime, I will be pre-ordering a PS4 for my day one purchase because they haven't stepped on my toes as their customer and have been upfront and honest in their approach.

JaredL

JaredL

There you have it.. Pick faults with logic away!

Ok I'll go through it.

+ Region Free- at launch: yes
At launch? You mean they will change it? Why add that detail. Xbox one doesn't allow you to import from Europe and play in the UK. Or... anywhere else. If you aren't in the 21 countries. You can't play.
+ No Used Games Restrictions- Sony has told you "their" stance- but people tend to leave out the fact that they will be giving publishers their own voice and options (basically a fall guy when they end up following similar practices as Microsoft) Sony "looks like the good guy"
Their stance is exactly the same as it is for the PS3, except better. Banned online passes. You don't have to have sell to 'participating retailers', you don't have install games on your console. You have the ability to lend games to whoever you like on your own terms.
+ No Lending Restrictions- See above
+ No Selling Restrictions- see two above
+ No Disc Authentication- see three above + at the start of the life.. Mid/late life cycle is yet to e determined
+ No Always On Conection Required- yes
+ $100 Cheaper than Xbox One- for the core system- yes (if the eye/move choice factors in to your decision or want from the system it brings the price point closer than $100)
Its still cheaper if you buy that crap. And mandatory kinect is worse than optional. Its a nightmare for privacy and countries like Mexico and Germany might ban it.
+ Approximately 30-50% more powerful than Xbox One- of sheer power components- unknown if 30-50%- but from raw specs alone appear to be in Sony's favor (unknown if proper cloud usage plays a part in this)
Both will have cloud processing. But yes, Sony has better specs. And the Xbox is, according to some sources underclocked. So it might be a 100% difference.
+ Most likely better and much more Exclusive Titles- No- 100% opinion
Better is subjective. More is a fact.
+ No 24 Hour Mandatory Check- yes
+ No Mandatory Camera- Yes
+ No 1 Hour Verification When Playing at a Friend's House- (only when playing via digital library)
- Paid Online Multiplayer- both.
But PS4 gives you 'free' games and costs less. Plus PS4 won't need that if you are playing a F2P or always online game such as an MMO.

Kisze

Noob

There is so much misinformation in here it's not even funny, but the Microsoft haters will eat it up and preach it as the truth (as you just have shown).

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
That's not true, PC still have a physical disc media available as well. As a whole though PC games average 10 dollars cheaper on release date than console games, whether digital or a physical copy. Just looking on Amazon real quick: Go look at FF XIV: A Realm Reborn. PC physical copy: 29.88 PC download copy: 49.99 as of right now. If you want the same game on PS3 it's 39.99 Crysis 3 is both 39.99 for a PC physical copy or digital copy right now. Companies will charge the price they believe people will pay for it. If they think you will pay 60 dollars for a game they will charge 60 dollars for a game, regardless of format. Pc games go down in price faster as pirating PC games is by most things easier to do than for a console.
Hence why I specified...average.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Even though I know this isn't directed at me, I have been bashing the complete shit out of the Xbox One/Xbone/Xbox Done/Xbox None/Xbox took 359 steps back and is now 1 (lol one of the trolliest one's I've heard so far).

But I will answer this honestly and rationally. I will most likely buy an Xbox at some point. This initial wave has just solidified the PS4 as a day one buy for me, and the Xbox One as a "wait and see."

There are multiple factors that have gone into my decision and some of which haven't really been mentioned here. I, like many here, don't buy or sell used games, and I am also always connected (except my 360 isn't currently because I have a 1st gen 360 that requires a separate piece for wi-fi and my router and everything is upstairs with my PC). I also don't have a problem with the Kinect2 as a forced added product as I own a Kinect currently (though I don't really use it), but I do have an issue and many questions regarding its features.

While I appreciate that they want to push gaming into the future, we're at an awkward point right now, at least in the U.S. As it stands, we rely heavily on broadband services and ISPs, some of which are proven unreliable time and time again. And also some of these ISPs control large areas of service, basically becoming a monopoly in those areas and preventing any competition and options from customers. Additonally, we lack a fiber component in the U.S. that other countries get to enjoy (namely Japan, Korea, and some EU countries). Yes, Google Fiber is on the rise, but that is something that will take time to develop and spread throughout the country.

But the thing that gets me the most about this whole ordeal is the arrogance and audacity of Microsoft since the One's reveal. Their complete unwillingness to listen to it's fan base, the "Deal with it" attitude (which I'm glad that guy was fired and rightly so), and even now with the blatant ignorance of Mattrick basically saying "just get a 360 for offline." Seriously...what the fuck is wrong with you to act like that towards your loyal followers and potential clientele? Fuck, if I acted like this at my job I'd have a full bird Colonel or a General's foot so far up my ass I'd have to open my mouth so he could tie his shoe.

I've owned every Playstation AND Xbox since they've dropped to market, but this side step has caused me to be questionable in going for the One. People keep saying "wait and see at launch," and I will do just that. I will wait and see how Microsoft reacts and I will wait and see how the public grades the One after we've actually gotten hands on.

In the meantime, I will be pre-ordering a PS4 for my day one purchase because they haven't stepped on my toes as their customer and have been upfront and honest in their approach.
I have never had an issue with your stance/decision... Possibly because it is balanced and posted as an adult and not spouted as gospel of the all powerful, all loving, all knowledgeable SonyChrist..

To converse with you about Microsoft arrogance..
I can see where arrogance is viewed.. However isn't a pioneer who sticks to their guns to try an see their vision through an admirable thing? What if every company for ANY product changed on a whim and bent to consumers? We would be in a world of shit..sometimes a firm stance is needed.
If Christopher Columbus listened to all the naysayers saying he was insane and arrogant and decided not to sail when he did.. Who knows what today would look like..
I view it like the adage "you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs " (the eggs think this sucks- unfortunately they are the collateral and necessity for the omelet ).. In this case (places like Mexico and Angola- 2 examples seen here on TYM) are the collateral egg in the model... While it sucks to be in that situation, sometimes things work out better in the end then when first mentioned.. It can work the opposite and in fact work worse in the end than when first mentioned.. However it is all speculation until Microsoft considers its venture passing/failing and that can only be seen post release- a year or two into system life.

JaredL

I have never had an issue with your stance/decision... Possibly because it is balanced and posted as an adult and not spouted as gospel of the all powerful, all loving, all knowledgeable SonyChrist..

To converse with you about Microsoft arrogance..
I can see where arrogance is viewed.. However isn't a pioneer who sticks to their guns to try an see their vision through an admirable thing? What if every company for ANY product changed on a whim and bent to consumers? We would be in a world of shit..sometimes a firm stance is needed.
If Christopher Columbus listened to all the naysayers saying he was insane and arrogant and decided not to sail when he did.. Who knows what today would look like..
I view it like the adage "you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs " (the eggs think this sucks- unfortunately they are the collateral and necessity for the omelet ).. In this case (places like Mexico and Angola- 2 examples seen here on TYM) are the collateral egg in the model... While it sucks to be in that situation, sometimes things work out better in the end then when first mentioned.. It can work the opposite and in fact work worse in the end than when first mentioned.. However it is all speculation until Microsoft considers its venture passing/failing and that can only be seen post release- a year or two into system life.

Yeah columbus was a pioneer who wanted to find America and wasn't just some guy who wanted to go to india...