What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I Understand...

The one major thing that has kept me from giving my business to Sony outright is the fact that Microsoft may be on to something here.. Lets face it.. We replace technology with new technology all the time.. And they all do the same thing..

-Floor Modle-tube TV-flat screen-3D TV-Smart TV: television
-VHS-DVD-Blueray: movies
-Homephone-Pager-cell phone-smart phone: Phones
-Vinyl-8 track-cassette-CD-ITunes: Music

The one thing that Many of these items have in common is that you usually carry 1-2 on hand as it is being replaced.. Example- VHS player and movies when you purchase your DVD player and movies- til the VHS player is completely obsolete and shelved for good.

So right out of the gate and not seeing what Microsoft has to offer and how their plan works IN reality is foolhardy.. And if one were to balk at all technological advances and write them off as..
"That's dumb to have to buy something new to do what my X already does"
"MICRO$OFT ARE THE DEVIL!!!!1"
"Government wants to spy on me"
"Always on line why? Yeah I'm always on line anyway, but now that I'm being told- FUCK THAT!"

We would all have floor Model televisions, with VHS players, listening to vinyl (not that bad actually ;) ) with no cell phones.. ..

Why? Because it is human nature to fear advancement.. It is human nature to fear change.. It is human nature to fear the unknown.. HOWEVER it is also proven that it is human nature for a pioneer to come along and dare to advance, dare to change, dare step into the unknown... And what if.... WHAT IF.. That person happens to be Microsoft? Sorry.. But I can't jump ship on them... Not yet.. Still have homework to do.
Yeah there is not some magic future leap here though both systems dl things I don't get that arguement...MS is only restricting more at the moment they are equal in all futureish ways...if anything ps has better hardware...and the cloud is not hardware and anyone who wants to use it can implement it...
I dl games too...not really an issue for me...
I don't owe products loyalty that is a very odd thing to think of...I am loyal to friends and family not companies...

Sent under duress.

Reading that comment about sharing a game in your library to an online gamer 2000 miles just created a light bulb in my head and then my brain went back to the future on me.

Imagine all the game sharing hubs that are going to pop up? People signing up, friending people so they can just exchange games in their library after they've played them through.

Then you ask yourself why there are so many F2P games coming out. Think about this one for a second I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Anyways, this mass sharing that may rise from nothingness is like going back to the wAreZ days.

Saint Op Omen

Reading that comment about sharing a game in your library to an online gamer 2000 miles just created a light bulb in my head and then my brain went back to the future on me.

Imagine all the game sharing hubs that are going to pop up? People signing up, friending people so they can just exchange games in their library after they've played them through.

Then you ask yourself why there are so many F2P games coming out. Think about this one for a second I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Anyways, this mass sharing that may rise from nothingness is like going back to the wAreZ days.
They would stop that within a month...just like ps3 did when people did something similar...

Sent under duress.

Saint Op Omen

Doubt it, it encourages the F2p business model
No it dosent and it dosent make any sense to do only 2 people can play from a library at once it would be a mess to control what time who can play on who's account and such...the explaination of it does not sound like that's possible anyway...

Sent under duress.

No it dosent and it dosent make any sense to do only 2 people can play from a library at once it would be a mess to control what time who can play on who's account and such...the explaination of it does not sound like that's possible anyway...

Sent under duress.

You cannot play a game you share, just like a disc, but what I was thinking is if I play say game A and finish it I can then share it to anyone. Then if for instance they really like it and wanna jump in MP with me they'd probably buy it.

If it were KI and I have all characters and my friend dl's the demo with Jago. I add him, let him mess in the lab and if they like it boom they download the whole game or just pay for a few characters.

Back to my other idea, I see this going beyond friends you actually know and hubs being formed for mass sharing. Of course this could be going beyond what MS initially intended the feature to be and could just be me thinking outside the box bending the rules a little bit.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

While I see where you are coming from, I don't particularly agree...

I think society is going to have to catch up/adjust to gaming systems... Ie: A virtual trade/trade in system for virtual media.. Places like Game Stop and Game Fly are great examples of raising the bar from your standard store to a true "gamer outlet for gamers".. Something will have to give as physical mediums start going bye bye..

What was the fate of Blockbuster Video during the Redbox/Netflix era? Not too good...

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
You cannot play a game you share, just like a disc, but what I was thinking is if I play say game A and finish it I can then share it to anyone. Then if for instance they really like it and wanna jump in MP with me they'd probably buy it.

If it were KI and I have all characters and my friend dl's the demo with Jago. I add him, let him mess in the lab and if they like it boom they download the whole game or just pay for a few characters.

Back to my other idea, I see this going beyond friends you actually know and hubs being formed for mass sharing. Of course this could be going beyond what MS initially intended the feature to be and could just be me thinking outside the box bending the rules a little bit.
Who profits? Bending the rules a little bit in the sake of mass sharing sounds a lot like.... Pirating?

I love how some of you guys speak for the entire world with your generalizations.

The fact is, Microsoft is the best provider of technology in the world. The Xbox One is going to be a great console. The most complaints I hear are about the Xbox One being always online. The way I see it, if you don't have internet you shouldn't be looking to get a next-gen console. In a world that revolves around the internet, I fail to see how that is a bad feature.

Like he said above, change isn't a bad thing. Most people are flocking to Sony because it's 100 bucks less. You get what you pay for.

LOOOOOOL yeah we are paying 100 dollars less for a system with a better GPU and GDDR5 ram which also runs cooler. In case you didn't realize it the biggest reason the Xbox is more expensive is because its bundled with Kinect. Take that away and its 399. The difference is Sony is not shoving their PS EYE down our throats like MS is with Kinect and BTW the PS EYE is 40 dollars less for people that would like that OPTION.

I can not fathom how people are justifying this bullshit. If the Xbox wins we can pretty much kiss gaming as we know it goodbye.

Saint Op Omen

Read the terms again...you guys are so funny with this digital media and the future an crazy pipe dreams...
Someone needs to be on your list for 30 days before you can give them a disc then it is owned by them and not you and you lose it....and it can never be used again...that would never work with strangers to much to work out and that could go wrong...
And digital media is worthless its vapor nobody will ever give you money to trade it ....

Sent under duress.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
LOOOOOOL yeah we are paying 100 dollars less for a system with a better GPU and GDDR5 ram which also runs cooler. In case you didn't realize it the biggest reason the Xbox is more expensive is because its bundled with Kinect. Take that away and its 399. The difference is Sony is not shoving their PS EYE down our throats like MS is with Kinect and BTW the PS EYE is 40 dollars less for people that would like that OPTION.
Microsoft is proud of its next gen motion sensing devise and wants to make it integral to the system while Sony is embarrassed of their Eye (hence the bastard step child routine)... I don't get your laugh-fest....

I can not fathom how people are justifying this bullshit. If the Xbox wins we can pretty much kiss gaming as we know it goodbye.

Come on, X1 you get to say "Mr Oswald Cobblepot, Xbox ON!"

Read the terms again...you guys are so funny with this digital media and the future an crazy pipe dreams...
Someone needs to be on your list for 30 days before you can give them a disc then it is owned by them and not you and you lose it....and it can never be used again...that would never work with strangers to much to work out and that could go wrong...
And digital media is worthless its vapor nobody will ever give you money to trade it ....

Sent under duress.

Okay it is YOU who is misinformed. I'm not even going to address you here. You're talking out of your pee-hole.

Saint Op Omen

Microsoft is proud of its next gen motion sensing devise and wants to make it integral to the system while Sony is embarrassed of their Eye (hence the bastard step child routine)... I don't get your laugh-fest....
what is funny is a few months ago everyone hated motion gaming and didn't want it in the games and it was worthless rubbish...now since its forced on people its great and the future and groundbreaking....
Game are being forced to add it in and take time away from other stuff ...now its I can't wait to see the inovative stuff they come up with...
Geez people stick to a story...I have a kinect ...my kids use it...voice control is not that cool...
I don't care how bad pseye is I will never touch it...

Sent under duress.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
what is funny is a few months ago everyone hated motion gaming and didn't want it in the games and it was worthless rubbish...now since its forced on people its great and the future and groundbreaking....
Game are being forced to add it in and take time away from other stuff ...now its I can't wait to see the inovative stuff they come up with...
Geez people stick to a story...I have a kinect ...my kids use it...voice control is not that cool...
I don't care how bad pseye is I will never touch it...

Sent under duress.
For better or worse it is what it is :)

Same with my kids and same with me actually- agreed

Saint Op Omen

Okay it is YOU who is misinformed. I'm not even going to address you here. You're talking out of your pee-hole.
Okay then have fun in your p2p f2p sites...
Oh and if you are so right please explain your understanding of this I would love the laughs...

Sent under duress.

Saint Op Omen

For better or worse it is what it is :)

Same with my kids and same with me actually- agreed
So then why blindly make it sound like this grand advantage when it is somthing you won't use that is forcing you to pay more...
What I did to see what system to pick up is I honestly evaluated what I enjoy doing and playing on my game systems and I found everything available on ps4 that also didn't have a useless kinect on it that was not as restrictive with better hardware. Also I have a vita and the conectivily was a great bonus... I will never use any of that tv stuff...

Sent under duress.

Yeah real proud

There is no point arguing with someone who doesn't even want to own a physical copy of a game you just spent 60$ on since thats really your only choice. Yes I tried motion gaming and its not for me, I know its not for a lot of other people either. So having the option of using it or not is definitely the smart way to go.

Saint Op Omen

Yeah real proud

There is no point arguing with someone who doesn't even want to own a physical copy of a game you just spent 60$ on since thats really your only choice. Yes I tried motion gaming and its not for me, I know its not for a lot of other people either. So having the option of using it or not is definitely the smart way to go.
Funny thing is today when I was trying to watch some e3 stuffs on the 360 I took a phone call and the damn xbox kept thinking I was talking to it and was randomly doing shit...I was like yep ...done...

Sent under duress.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
So then why blindly make it sound like this grand advantage when it is somthing you won't use that is forcing you to pay more...
What I did to see what system to pick up is I honestly evaluated what I enjoy doing and playing on my game systems and I found everything available on ps4 that also didn't have a useless kinect on it that was not as restrictive with better hardware. Also I have a vita and the conectivily was a great bonus... I will never use any of that tv stuff...

Sent under duress.
No blind statement at all..no favoritism either.. It is what it is is simply the fact of it.. Microsoft is making the kinect part of its central mission focus.. And again, the only thing we have to compare it to is what we currently have (Wii, Kinect, Eye/Move, and movie magic) Where we want technology to get is to that funny Batman meme or Star Trek, which make anything we have seen up until now seem elementary. Baby steps and bailing is not going to get us there.. No one can see where/what the plans for the next kinect are (2-3 years into the system) except Microsoft..

I'm happy that you made your decision based off of research and what fits you best.. However with my family dynamic.. The extra $100 overhead for the XB1 seems to fit my family situation at this moment.. We are currently too spread out over cable TV/ Internet/ Netflix/ Hulu... So if one solution can bring us all together.. (The Kinect/ TV for my wife and kids, the gaming for me) bonus. However I am not rushing out day 1 to pick it up.. 6-12 months in I am looking at reviews and feedback to both and will make a decision from there.. What good is the one stop box if it melts down after 2 weeks? What good would a PS4 do me if there is a glaring defect, or a controversial issue overlooked and exposed post launch?

I am trying to keep the balance in this overall debate, balance is good and is needed. Our hobby thrives on competition.... And there happens to be so many people that are 500% into the Sony train that it makes me look like a Microsoft spokesperson... But it is all in trying to keep the balance and help people realize that there is two sides to every coin..

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Yeah real proud

And iTunes, IPods, Nook, Kindle, hell.. Smartphones, laptops, notebooks and computers for that matter.. All have ways to digitally own some sort of media without a physical copy.. If it would have proven so unpopular... Napster would not have made the impact that it did and we would all be going out to our local record shop for the latest CD's...However.. If you buy it... It's yours. And I am glad you tried it and it is not for you.. And I agree it is not for everyone... But does that mean the people that favor/like it (not saying I particularly do other than with the kids), or the company/companies that believe it can be so much more should halt production and not try to push it to the sci-fi levels we see in movies?

Edit: funny meme btw

Kisze

Noob
If the Xbox wins we can pretty much kiss gaming as we know it goodbye.
As we have kissed it goodbye many times before. Whenever we advance further with technology and stuff in gaming we "kiss gaming as we know it goodbye" but that doesn't mean it gets worse, just different, and most of the time it gets better.

Saint Op Omen

No blind statement at all..no favoritism either.. It is what it is is simply the fact of it.. Microsoft is making the kinect part of its central mission focus.. And again, the only thing we have to compare it to is what we currently have (Wii, Kinect, Eye/Move, and movie magic) Where we want technology to get is to that funny Batman meme or Star Trek, which make anything we have seen up until now seem elementary. Baby steps and bailing is not going to get us there.. No one can see where/what the plans for the next kinect are (2-3 years into the system) except Microsoft..

I'm happy that you made your decision based off of research and what fits you best.. However with my family dynamic.. The extra $100 overhead for the XB1 seems to fit my family situation at this moment.. We are currently too spread out over cable TV/ Internet/ Netflix/ Hulu... So if one solution can bring us all together.. (The Kinect/ TV for my wife and kids, the gaming for me) bonus. However I am not rushing out day 1 to pick it up.. 6-12 months in I am looking at reviews and feedback to both and will make a decision from there.. What good is the one stop box if it melts down after 2 weeks? What good would a PS4 do me if there is a glaring defect, or a controversial issue overlooked and exposed post launch?

I am trying to keep the balance in this overall debate, balance is good and is needed. Our hobby thrives on competition.... And there happens to be so many people that are 500% into the Sony train that it makes me look like a Microsoft spokesperson... But it is all in trying to keep the balance and help people realize that there is two sides to every coin..
Gotcha Two-Face...:p

In 3 years if the kinect is that much better Ill have a xbone too...I love games ..if I like it Ill play it no matter what I use to do it... xbone just isn't my thing now and it has more to do with MS then Xbox and I put it out there because I would love for that to change...

Sent under duress.