What's new

Maybe its just me...

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
i always thought people who started with soul calibur were the worst when it came to calling everything "broken" (SC4 algol still never shouldve been banned sorry), but apparently the people who started with MK9 are up there too!!!
It always warms my heart when somebody else says that KF slide being safe isn't busted. Unfortunately you're right about SC players too, a lot tend to call anything remotely strong and safe broken or OP, even if it has definite counters. I'm seeing this all over TYM too. People complain about Superman's string and say it's inescapable with a character, then after two minutes in training mode I see that they can just escape it with delay backdash + blocking the whole string standing. Speaking of GG, I love to see people who have only played new stuff deal with AC Slayer.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It always warms my heart when somebody else says that KF slide being safe isn't busted. Unfortunately you're right about SC players too, a lot tend to call anything remotely strong and safe broken or OP, even if it has definite counters. I'm seeing this all over TYM too. People complain about Superman's string and say it's inescapable with a character, then after two minutes in training mode I see that they can just escape it with delay backdash + blocking the whole string standing. Speaking of GG, I love to see people who have only played new stuff deal with AC Slayer.
I don't have a problem with slide being safe. I have a problem with having to deal with parry when trying to poke with anything that's not a low, then having to worry if I'm just gonna get MB f.3'd and launched for a full combo, and then blocking high only to eat a low into full combo.

You're whiff punishing it on a read only, which gives her all sorts of leeway to do pretty much anything. Doing it at a range means you're gonna eat daggers for fucking up.

It's not busted in itself but it's what she has to make her so obnoxious that I think is what people hate. But I'd rather not nerf the character since I don't want to see the hard work of the KF forums ruined when NRS nerfs her to shit. I think that makes sense...

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
At neutral the only things I worry about eating from KF are slide and EX ground spike, her projectile is w/e damage compared to those. Yes she has defensive options after blocked slide, but most have easy answers (And if you're not just hardcore zoning her out then you'd better know how to guess right anyways). Unfortunately because of what you said, I'm expecting KF nerfs as well since so many people complain about it regardless. People like to complain about safety and lack of commitment in this game all day, when they don't realize that it goes both ways. Being smart about taking and keeping initiative whether defensively or offensively is a skill. If it were just random guessing then we'd be seeing a lot more KFs placing then we do right now.

Also most characters in the game are really obnoxious if played properly lol. There's still characters that are slept on with really annoying shit too (WW being the most obvious one) that I'm sure many people on this site or online would complain about if they had to play a good one. I'm also surprised that there aren't more people bitching about NW, staff stance on its own is a gigantic bitch to deal with for a lot of characters.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
At neutral the only things I worry about eating from KF are slide and EX ground spike, her projectile is w/e damage compared to those. Yes she has defensive options after blocked slide, but most have easy answers (And if you're not just hardcore zoning her out then you'd better know how to guess right anyways). Unfortunately because of what you said, I'm expecting KF nerfs as well since so many people complain about it regardless. People like to complain about safety and lack of commitment in this game all day, when they don't realize that it goes both ways. Being smart about taking and keeping initiative whether defensively or offensively is a skill. If it were just random guessing then we'd be seeing a lot more KFs placing then we do right now.

Also most characters in the game are really obnoxious if played properly lol. There's still characters that are slept on with really annoying shit too (WW being the most obvious one) that I'm sure many people on this site or online would complain about if they had to play a good one. I'm also surprised that there aren't more people bitching about NW, staff stance on its own is a gigantic bitch to deal with for a lot of characters.
Pretty much this. I'm waiting for people to start complaining about Bane, Nightwing, everybody.

People are cool if their character is safe but if they can't blow you up? OMGNERFTHISCHARACTER

(#RIPDeathstroke)

haketh

Noob
Man I need to hop on WW, that girl has some dirt no one other than Nerdjosh uses *That I'm able to watch*.

Hell Josh playing that character already says enough about that character being cheap as hell.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Oh, I agree with you completely, and I know what you mean. I haven't touched the game since Lobo's release. I don't get excited to play the game anymore. Even if I planned on playing the game I would never enter a major for it. This game fun at a casual level, but I'd never put money into it at a tourny. The time I wanted to spend in Injustice is going towards the game I'll be playing at majors till I drop dead.

I won't lie. I'd rather make Top 8 in MK than IGAU any day of the week.
And I really like the game/have no plans of dropping it. But once Summer Jam starts getting closer and I need to decide what to focus on, I'd still most likely have more fun/feel better at the end of the day training to try and reset my way through 20 people to get to REO (because LBSH, the man is the Shao Kahn of MK9), than contend with 200 people, the stages, the interactables, the bizarre differences between character classes and so on just to get to Day 2 of Injustice, especially given that there's apparently 6 more characters and, presumably, 6 more balances of some manner or another in its future.
Again, I enjoy the game, and it's easily the most unorthadox fighter I've ever played in my life, but that's the other edge of the sword; it makes it feel like less of a conventional fighter and more like a different brand of game entirely.
That, and I happened to have the time during MK's life to burn its mechanics and dirt into my head that I'll probably never have with Injustice no matter how good a Deathstroke or Doomsday I turn out to be. Shit, with about 20 minutes of practice, I could probably still pop off every character's best max BnB, whiff punish and outright dirty deed on command. I didn't just play MK; it became a part of my life, in a way I don't see any other game being able to do.

They should scrap the 2'nd season pass, replace Scorpion with MMH so that the Rain of IGAU doesn't get left out of the fight, leave whatever 1.05 turns out to be to stand for good, and put that money towards UMK9.
If they can afford to port it to PC, not only do they have one less reason NOT to do it, but they're now giving the world of mod-makers and glitch fixers the chance to maybe cook up a version of the game free of enough of its old problems to reinvigorate the competitive field, without them having to do a thing other than wait for a passable, applaudable version to be assembled if they so chose. Imagine the MUGEN guys or other designers who know the technical build of the game getting a hold of it? That will already know exactly what theyre looking for and ingesting in or out of its mechanics? They could just wait for the brilliance to surface, collect it, bottle it, stamp it with a U, put that fucker on a shelf, and we'll be right back at the starting line with a super saiyan version of the game so many of us wish was still as thick with competition as this time last year.

Also, Hito: we have never once fought before.

Ever.

This makes me sad.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
"hey, maybe its be, but I don't like this game because I'm not as good at it as MK9." That should be the thread title. Holy shit I'm tired of the cry babies on this forum. "Top" players come in here and drown us in rivers because they can't adapt. Are you really a "top" player if you do that? "I like to feel smart when I play." Bitch please....This game has more scenarios than MK9. I'm sorry this game isn't completely brain dead like MK9. Hey guys let me stand full screen and play Kenshi. GTFO. I'm sorry you guys feel this way because it isn't a easy path like the scrubiness in MK9. Grow a pair and show everyone you're a "top" player. Holy fuck, am I the only one that lost respect for "top" players in this thread? Half of you couldn't make top 32 in SFIV lol. Fundamental? 64% of you don't even know what that means. lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What in mk9? We have.

Nope. We never got to.
Unless I was really, REALLY out on the grassy knoll and forgot, we never fought online.
And I never got the chance to battle you in casuals offline.
NEC 2011 was the angry triangle with Toxic, WB 2012 we got smashed, and NEC last year we did both, but replaced the other point of the triangle with my lady, and replaced getting smashed with stalking the halls of the hotel as countless people got their Rick James on. (That was the night I got to duel k-frog :D, and one of the few nights I EVER put on a solid set against a host of players, and almost no one was around to see :(. )

I think the last seriously serious Saibot fights I had were being mauled by Grolarbears on PSN ages ago, and getting demolished by FGA Monopr and the corner at NEC.

I wish there was still a Mortal Monday so we could generate some MK hype by bludgeoning each other with old school bullshit.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Nope. We never got to.
Unless I was really, REALLY out on the grassy knoll and forgot, we never fought online.
And I never got the chance to battle you in casuals offline.
NEC 2011 was the angry triangle with Toxic, WB 2012 we got smashed, and NEC last year we did both, but replaced the other point of the triangle with my lady, and replaced getting smashed with stalking the halls of the hotel as countless people got their Rick James on. (That was the night I got to duel k-frog :D, and one of the few nights I EVER put on a solid set against a host of players, and almost no one was around to see :(. )

I think the last seriously serious Saibot fights I had were being mauled by Grolarbears on PSN ages ago, and getting demolished by FGA Monopr and the corner at NEC.

I wish there was still a Mortal Monday so we could generate some MK hype by bludgeoning each other with old school bullshit.
We played at Nec 2011 and this is me not calling you out, but we played 4 games and I won all 4. I remember you beating me like 1 or 2 rounds. You used ermac against me.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
I feel like the lack of whiff punishing and anti-airs do make the game more boring to be honest. Whereas in MK I learned every character and at the very least could uppercut for an anti-air before adapting and being able to d1 and standing 2 people out of the air but now I feel that I have to play a character with a good anti-air and/or wake up move in order to get some space. I found the dash blocking in MK and dash attacking made the game more fun and gave better reads but against characters like Aquaman who have longer ranged normals and a good anti-air it seems like you can't really approach him without getting hit. I still enjoy the game but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I did MK personally. Even my favorite mode to play with friends, Tag Mode, got taken out so my friends decided to not pick up the game which makes it much less fun. Just my two cents.

That's in Injustice dude. It's just not as easy as mindlessly cancelling dashes into d1 and jabs.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
We played at Nec 2011 and this is me not calling you out, but we played 4 games and I won all 4. I remember you beating me like 1 or 2 rounds. You used ermac against me.

...Holy shit, Yeah, I was DEFINITELY out on the knoll. Lol.
And don't even feel bad. I was a novice who knew diddly dick about the true makings of the game then. If i had, I would've had the good sense not to play Ermac against Noob...Ermac, really? I couldn't have at least picked Raiden, I went Ermac? I feel like I should hit myself.

Yeah, we definitely need a runback someday soon.

You know what would be hillarious? If they gave Zod Cyrax's Net...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

And don't even feel bad. I was a novice who knew diddly dick about the true makings of the game then. If i had, I would've had the good sense not to play Ermac against Noob...Ermac, really? I couldn't have at least picked Raiden, I went Ermac? I feel like I should hit myself.

We definitely need a runback someday soon.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

We definitely need a runback someday soon.

I'll be at summer jam. Also Noob Vs. Ermac isn't that bad.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'll be at summer jam. Also Noob Vs. Ermac isn't that bad.

Now? No, now wouldn't be so bad.
Fully functioning Hitoshura Noob VS Novice Ladder In UMK3 Boxy Ermac = I'm surprised I even took any rounds.

I don't know why I ever play anyone but Cyrax. I shouldn't. At all.
I don't even reset that often compared to others because having to refrain online due to inconsistency led me to become a LOT more reliant on the Command Grab and pressure point setups.
I'm like nuns fighting in the mud. Clean, AND dirty.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Now? No, now wouldn't be so bad.
Fully functioning Hitoshura Noob VS Novice Ladder In UMK3 Boxy Ermac = I'm surprised I even took any rounds.

I don't know why I ever play anyone but Cyrax. I shouldn't. At all.
I don't even reset that often compared to others because having to refrain online due to inconsistency led me to become a LOT more reliant on the Command Grab and pressure point setups.
I'm like nuns fighting in the mud. Clean, AND dirty.

Lol. Just stick to cyrax.