What's new

Maybe its just me...

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
If this game is weeding out the scrubs, then l0l0l0l0l0l0l. I was beating people with my 15 minute old Doomsday the first 15 minutes I learned the game. Keep in mind, these people have been playing the game a lot to prepare for that Yestercades tournament. This game doesn't weed out scrubs. It just makes matchups more or less balanced by having interactables. No character is overpowered and no character is hopeless (Maybe Lobo hold dat).

If this game is weeding out the scrubs, then l0l0l0l0l0l0l. I was beating people with my 15 minute old Doomsday the first 15 minutes I learned the game. Keep in mind, these people have been playing the game a lot to prepare for that Yestercades tournament. This game doesn't weed out scrubs. It just makes matchups more or less balanced by having interactables. No character is overpowered and no character is hopeless (Maybe Lobo hold dat).
preach soup, my bro just picked up supes and got a 10 game win streak on me..... haha.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
preach soup, my bro just picked up supes and got a 10 game win streak on me..... haha.
lmfao There's so many Superman horror stories going around.

You can get about 66% off of just interactables in 1 round. I disagree with everyone saying that mk9 was easier or Injustice is harder (The apparent cause of some mk9 players to disapprove of it). The truth is that at this point of the game's life, it's much easier to win. It's gonna get more difficult to win over time, when things are figured out and the gameplay evolves, but saying "I'm beating people I could never beat in mk9" is not in any way a valid argument (At this stage of the game).

My rant is over ;_;

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This is a little off-topic, but I think one thing NRS should do to balance the characters is differing health levels, like in Capcom games. I certainly do not want NRS games to be just like Capcom games, but that aspect seems like a really good idea. That's one of the reasons Seth isn't S+ tier in SF4, because he has the lowest health in the game. If the heavy zoners or characters like Superman had lower health, it would certainly balance them out significantly. Although, I doubt this is possible to "patch" into the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in future NRS games. I honestly think the only reason they don't do it is because the combo % wouldn't be universal anymore, since 30% on one character wouldn't be 30% on another.

Aside from that, of course there is noob friendly aspects to Injustice. If it was just a deep, high execution fighter where only the better player would win... no one would play it. The top players would play it for awhile, then when they realize only 32 people are entering tournaments because the above average but not top players aren't entering, they'll drop the game because they will realize it's not worth all the practice, dedication and money when there's not much competition. It's the exact same problem with games like VF5, UMK3, KoF etc. VF is one of the toughest games to be successful in and yet there's very rarely any tournaments for it.

There won't be a huge skill gap early on in most fighting games, ESPECIALLY a brand new fighting game IP. The average players have a decent chance at beating top players right now, and that's a GREAT thing. We don't want 20 people playing this game at tournaments, we want everyone who thinks they may have a chance at doing well entering. You guys have to stop caring so much about losing to bullshit and start caring more about evolving the scene and gaining more competition which in turn means more money that's being put into the scene overall.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
This is a little off-topic, but I think one thing NRS should do to balance the characters is differing health levels, like in Capcom games. I certainly do not want NRS games to be just like Capcom games, but that aspect seems like a really good idea. That's one of the reasons Seth isn't S+ tier in SF4, because he has the lowest health in the game. If the heavy zoners or characters like Superman had lower health, it would certainly balance them out significantly. Although, I doubt this is possible to "patch" into the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in future NRS games. I honestly think the only reason they don't do it is because the combo % wouldn't be universal anymore, since 30% on one character wouldn't be 30% on another.

Aside from that, of course there is noob friendly aspects to Injustice. If it was just a deep, high execution fighter where only the better player would win... no one would play it. The top players would play it for awhile, then when they realize only 32 people are entering tournaments because the above average but not top players aren't entering, they'll drop the game because they will realize it's not worth all the practice, dedication and money when there's not much competition. It's the exact same problem with games like VF5, UMK3, KoF etc. VF is one of the toughest games to be successful in and yet there's very rarely any tournaments for it.

There won't be a huge skill gap early on in most fighting games, ESPECIALLY a brand new fighting game IP. The average players have a decent chance at beating top players right now, and that's a GREAT thing. We don't want 20 people playing this game at tournaments, we want everyone who thinks they may have a chance at doing well entering. You guys have to stop caring so much about losing to bullshit and start caring more about evolving the scene and gaining more competition which in turn means more money that's being put into the scene overall.
I don't see it happening in this engine. All their damage is dealth through percentages, whereas in street fighter characters have a defined set of health and damage points reduce health bars.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Differnet health due to powerful tools is the dumbest thing ever. It rarely works as intended.
Actually, it works very much as intended if done right. Akuma is the best character in AE, arguably, but his lack of health and stun does impact some matchups despite his toolset.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!

HP discrepancy is the only reason I didn't co-main /put Phoenix on my team in MvC3. She dies way too fast.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yup, imagine if she had the same health as everyone else? It's a good way to allow characters to be really powerful and have a lot of options without them being OP.
I know what you are saying... but at the same time I just wish they made her weaker and gave her the same health. The trade off just seems to be a big discrepancy in my hands. I am really bad at MvC3 though... so that is probably why.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I can agree that in SSF4, Rose got screwed since she doesn't excel in movement and doesn't have a lot of safe pressure options, though it could be because she has a projectile and a reflector. Maybe Makoto too, but her life nerf could be to offset her offensive potential.

Either way, it's not so bad considering that many women with low health still often make high tier because of their mobility and/or good offensive potential. Look at Chun in SF3, SSF4 (pre AE), SFXT, TVC:CGoH, Ibuki in SSF4AE2012, etc.

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Only thing about this game I'm not too crazy for is the movement feels limited. I feel like I can't space someone and whiff punish my opponent. Then again it doesn't help most people online throw out random strings in hopes they connect.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
pls stop guys

Injustice is totally different game than MK so you cant rly compare them . Oh and its too damn early to say anything. This game may be a lot different in like 2 months. Lets wait with this judging till all dlcs and patches will be out.
If nobody say anything, nothing will change even in 10 years. NRS are listening to the players and they are trying to make it work for both sides.