What's new

Maybe its just me...

Basically what it comes down too 4 me, and why i made this thread in the first place is my preference of tools i liked from NRS they brought to the table in mk9 which actually made the FIGHTING fun and competitive is lacking in injustice, this is not about me comparing MK to Injustice, this is about me comparing the tools NRS made available in each game, they didnt take everything that worked in MK and what made it fun and build upon it for this game...i feel like with MK's mechanics everyone in the game low tier or not was able to space their opponent out for proper punish and to create an opening, also it created unique combo opportunities, this is why i was disappointed the game had dedicated dashing, only a few characters in injustice have a good ability to whiff punish, superman particularly is arguably the best whiff punisher in the game and thats because he has an 8 frame advancing string, not every character in this game is able to properly space an opponent out in this game, much less a good range advancing string.

Second of all NRS gave anti airs a strong priority over jump ins with d1s, uppercuts, and even if ur character had a sucky d1, or uppercut, i can guarantee u each character had atleast one string that stuffed jump ins, these are things that could have carried over to injustice and actually worked in mk and made it fun that would have only have strengthened injustice, also feel like rush down, and pressure took a back seat with the release of injustice, and jump ins, zoning reigns superior, or should i say jump ins are the pressure in injustice? Footsies in mk too me was the most fun ive had playing footsies in any game, and ive played SF4, and the tekkens, it was unique and fun its own way and what made mk work, carrying these things over to injustice imo wouldn't have made it an MK reskin, people might say mk was ass but i know that most were just unhappy with the controls and some bugs in my opinion, but its total bullshit to say the game was complete garbage, cause then that means that the game did not have anything it did right, and we all know thats complete bull.

Basically what it comes down too 4 me, and why i made this thread in the first place is my preference of tools i liked from NRS they brought to the table in mk9 which actually made the FIGHTING fun and competitive is lacking in injustice, this is not about me comparing MK to Injustice, this is about me comparing the tools NRS made available in each game, they didnt take everything that worked in MK and what made it fun and build upon it for this game...i feel like with MK's mechanics everyone in the game low tier or not was able to space their opponent out for proper punish and to create an opening, also it created unique combo opportunities, this is why i was disappointed the game had dedicated dashing, only a few characters in injustice have a good ability to whiff punish, superman particularly is arguably the best whiff punisher in the game and thats because he has an 8 frame advancing string, not every character in this game is able to properly space an opponent out in this game, much less a good range advancing string. Second of all NRS gave anti airs a strong priority over jump ins with d1s, uppercuts, and even if ur character had a sucky d1, or uppercut, i can guarantee u each character had atleast one string that stuffed jump ins, these are things that could have carried over to injustice and actually worked in mk and made it fun that would have only have strengthened injustice, also feel like rush down, and pressure took a back seat with the release of injustice, and jump ins, zoning reigns superior, or should i say jump ins are the pressure in injustice? Footsies in mk too me was the most fun ive had playing footsies in any game, and ive played SF4, and the tekkens, it was unique and fun its own way and what made mk work, carrying these things over to injustice imo wouldn't have made it an MK reskin, people might say mk was ass but i know that most were just unhappy with the controls and some bugs in my opinion, but its total bullshit to say the game was complete garbage, cause then that means that the game did not have anything it did right, and we all know thats complete bull.
Paragraphs my man. A few seconds spacing this out into chunks and it will make reading this more of a possibility. No joke my head hurts looking at it.

As to being bored with Injustice, yeah I kinda am but I always get that way with games. Bored, then a surge of interest, then bored again before being interested again. It's why I find the constant training to level up difficult to do.

When I'm bored I just think of MK v. DC and suddenly I realize this game is amazing compared to where MK used to be. People are just too lazy to play more than one game at a time so suddenly MK9 and Injustice need to compete for the attention.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I really enjoy Injustice. Duto me being a Giant Harley Quinn fan. I was never able to play MK9 like everyone else has and I feel its too.late for.me to get in MK9 bec!use its been.out so long that the competition is really high and I'd be getting owned as a noon. It's probably to late for me to get into MK9. Injustice does have good stuff too.
I wanna get into MK9 and see why everyone loves it. I liked MK Deception. But I haven't even played Annihilation either.
Is it too late for me?
Cause I also play a lot of UMvC3 but when I tried to play SF Iv AE I got destroyed almost every match. Everyones so good at it I didn't have much chance.
When I do get MK9 would anyone know a good starter character? Sad to say that I've played Injustice a lot more than I've played MK.
Is it too late for me? Plus I don't get much time for gaming now either :(
On a side not I like the community here a lot too.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
Basically what it comes down too 4 me, and why i made this thread in the first place is my preference of tools i liked from NRS they brought to the table in mk9 which actually made the FIGHTING fun and competitive is lacking in injustice, this is not about me comparing MK to Injustice, this is about me comparing the tools NRS made available in each game, they didnt take everything that worked in MK and what made it fun and build upon it for this game...i feel like with MK's mechanics everyone in the game low tier or not was able to space their opponent out for proper punish and to create an opening, also it created unique combo opportunities, this is why i was disappointed the game had dedicated dashing, only a few characters in injustice have a good ability to whiff punish, superman particularly is arguably the best whiff punisher in the game and thats because he has an 8 frame advancing string, not every character in this game is able to properly space an opponent out in this game, much less a good range advancing string.

Second of all NRS gave anti airs a strong priority over jump ins with d1s, uppercuts, and even if ur character had a sucky d1, or uppercut, i can guarantee u each character had atleast one string that stuffed jump ins, these are things that could have carried over to injustice and actually worked in mk and made it fun that would have only have strengthened injustice, also feel like rush down, and pressure took a back seat with the release of injustice, and jump ins, zoning reigns superior, or should i say jump ins are the pressure in injustice? Footsies in mk too me was the most fun ive had playing footsies in any game, and ive played SF4, and the tekkens, it was unique and fun its own way and what made mk work, carrying these things over to injustice imo wouldn't have made it an MK reskin, people might say mk was ass but i know that most were just unhappy with the controls and some bugs in my opinion, but its total bullshit to say the game was complete garbage, cause then that means that the game did not have anything it did right, and we all know thats complete bull.
-I'm sorry, but d1 beating out jump ins is kind of wonky. Some characters rely on aerial approaches to open people up. If a d1 beat out a jump in then that would kill some characters.

- You can whiff punish in this game. It's just not as easy as cancelling your dash into a normal. In fact it requires more thought to whiff punish in this game. So you're complaining that all the characters in injustice don't open your opponent up the same way?

- Spacing doesn't just mean whiff punishing although many characters in injustice can still do that.

-Footsies don't mean cancelling dashes into pokes.

You basically wanted Injustice to be Mk9 2.0 so I can see why you are disappointed. This game is different and you should accept that. Instead of being caught up on Mk9 stuff like "my d1 doesn't stuff jump ins" or "I can't dash cancel to open people up anymore," you should be trying to find what works in Injustice. For example, Deathstroke has like 3 anti airs but they aren't his d1 or d2. All in all, this game requires even more experimenting than Mk9 did because it isn't as easy as dash cancelling or using d1 to stuff anti airs anymore. If you don't want to put in the work and find it truly boring, Mk9 is still around. Go play it while it lasts.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
I remember when many of you were predicting that capcom players would drop this game because "it's not mahvel".

The fucking irony is killllllinggg meeeee. I'm not saying you have to like this game, but for fucks sake have some of you NEVER played a different fighting game? Are you so bound to the MK fundamentals that you can't pick up something new? Maybe you're just grasping at straws because you aren't doing so hot in this game.
I Joined pretty recently, but so much of this site seems dedicated to complaining about your shitty character, or complaining about some godlike character. Maybe all these premature tier lists are giving you all defeatism.

-I'm sorry, but d1 beating out jump ins is kind of wonky. Some characters rely on aerial approaches to open people up. If a d1 beat out a jump in then that would kill some characters.

- You can whiff punish in this game. It's just not as easy as cancelling your dash into a normal. In fact it requires more thought to whiff punish in this game. So you're complaining that all the characters in injustice don't open your opponent up the same way?

Thought alone wont give u the ability to whiff punish u have characters in this game that even if u make a character whiff a move they dont have the proper tools to really capitalize on the opportunity because they dont have a proper reaching string, or the back dash dashes too far back to which it makes it virtually impossible, not to mention the various walkspeeds. The only way i really see every character being able to possibly whiff punish is this game is on whiffed jump ins, again "universal wise"

- Spacing doesn't just mean whiff punishing although many characters in injustice can still do that.

Ok so explain? What else does spacing mean?

-Footsies don't mean cancelling dashes into pokes.
Again your not making yourself clear, i know what footsies are my dude, and clearly there is barely any legitimate footsies in this game, what? Interactables?" d1,s?

You basically wanted Injustice to be Mk9 2.0 so I can see why you are disappointed. This game is different and you should accept that. Instead of being caught up on Mk9 stuff like "my d1 doesn't stuff jump ins" or "I can't dash cancel to open people up anymore," you should be trying to find what works in Injustice. For example, Deathstroke has like 3 anti airs but they aren't his d1 or d2. All in all, this game requires even more experimenting than Mk9 did because it isn't as easy as dash cancelling or using d1 to stuff anti airs anymore. If you don't want to put in the work and find it truly boring, Mk9 is still around. Go play it while it lasts.
Who said anything about me wanting it to be mk 2.0, i said they should have took previous fighting mechanics that actually were more sf like with the dash properties and footsies and incorporated it into injustice, all these different dash speeds, jump arcs, and walkspeeds are dumb and didnt need to be incorporated, imo universal movement would have been better, even if some chars do have the ability to fly, it changes nothing, i love how u single out me mentioning d1s as a possible anti air, no one said anything about it needed to be incorporated i was just stating a fact, everyone in this game should atleast have one viable AA option which is not the case, your making it seem like im whining about this game because i cant play it on the level or even better then i was in MK, which is not the case because i can compete with the best of the best in this game, all im saying is when it comes to the balance in the build of this game, in certain areas its all fked up.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Who said anything about me wanting it to be mk 2.0, i said they should have took previous fighting mechanics that actually were more sf like with the dash properties and footsies and incorporated it into injustice, all these different dash speeds, jump arcs, and walkspeeds are dumb and didnt need to be incorporated, imo universal movement would have been better, even if some chars do have the ability to fly, it changes nothing, i love how u single out me mentioning d1s as a possible anti air, no one said anything about it needed to be incorporated i was just stating a fact, everyone in this game should atleast have one viable AA option which is not the case, your making it seem like im whining about this game because i cant play it on the level or even better then i was in MK, which is not the case because i can compete with the best of the best in this game, all im saying is when it comes to the equality in the build of this game, in certain areas its all fked up.
I do agree with you... but the different walk/dash speeds was a nice gimmick in my opinion. It made the characters feel more diverse. Now that I am over the hype of the game I think universal movement would be better.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
Who said anything about me wanting it to be mk 2.0, i said they should have took previous fighting mechanics that actually were more sf like with the dash properties and footsies and incorporated it into injustice, all these different dash speeds, jump arcs, and walkspeeds are dumb and didnt need to be incorporated, imo universal movement would have been better, even if some chars do have the ability to fly, it changes nothing, i love how u single out me mentioning d1s as a possible anti air, no one said anything about it needed to be incorporated i was just stating a fact, everyone in this game should atleast have one viable AA option which is not the case, your making it seem like im whining about this game because i cant play it on the level or even better then i was in MK, which is not the case because i can compete with the best of the best in this game, all im saying is when it comes to the equality in the build of this game, in certain areas its all fked up.
- So diversity in movement is dumb? Movement diversity is in practically every other fighting game besides mk9. Some people even complained that Mk's lack of diverse movement made every character feel the same.

- You're going to have to elaborate on this. Some of your suggestions sound like you want it to be more Mk like.

- Everyone practically does. Some are a bit more unconventional than others

- I'm not doubting you, but I haven't seen any footage of you playing. Got any links?

SF and every other Fighting Game has different Dash Speeds, Jump Arcs, and Walkspeeds...

Just for the sake of Injustice being a DC Comics game. Why would Green Arrow move at the same speed as the Flash?

Or rather, the other way around? Flash wouldn't be slow, he would move faster than most, for obvious reasons.

No difference in character movement makes all of them feel the same at their base level.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
SF and every other Fighting Game has different Dash Speeds, Jump Arcs, and Walkspeeds...

Just for the sake of Injustice being a DC Comics game. Why would Green Arrow move at the same speed as the Flash?

Or rather, the other way around? Flash wouldn't be slow, he would move faster than most, for obvious reasons.

No difference in character movement makes all of them feel the same at their base level.
I feel like they should have made Flash a little faster. Dude is pretty slow for being the fastest man alive.

I'm getting bored with it because there isn't another character that interests me enough to play hundreds or thousands of matches with them. It has nothing to do with the game being bad. I got about 3000 matches out of it. Unfortunately, 95% of those were against Batman, Superman, Black Adam, Aquaman, and Deathstroke. I'd say I got my money's worth though.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
What makes this so bad isnt even the fact that the game just came out, how about the fact that people constantly keep finding tech and invest time into the game to show you its worth, and yet here we are.

Some of the stuff people are saying makes no sense. How can a fighter lack footsies? This game has WAY better footsies than MK, Whiff punishing is also present it just requires dedicated knowledge on spacing.

I mean this game isnt perfect and I do think there are possible buffs that can make this game a little more fun but as of now, its fine.

Level up

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What makes this so bad isnt even the fact that the game just came out, how about the fact that people constantly keep finding tech and invest time into the game to show you its worth, and yet here we are.

Some of the stuff people are saying makes no sense. How can a fighter lack footsies? This game has WAY better footsies than MK, Whiff punishing is also present it just requires dedicated knowledge on spacing.

I mean this game isnt perfect and I do think there are possible buffs that can make this game a little more fun but as of now, its fine.

Level up
Real talk doe my homie G. what?

My only problems are with hitboxes, hazards, and online players sucking. If/When the online community in general stops being shit so I can actually level up beyond theories this game will start getting really fun.

Real talk doe my homie G. what?

My only problems are with hitboxes, hazards, and online players sucking. If/When the online community in general stops being shit so I can actually level up beyond theories this game will start getting really fun.
Online community is the worst. You crush people all day then get bodied free and the guy leaves after 2 matches. Fuck off asshole.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Online community is the worst. You crush people all day then get bodied free and the guy leaves after 2 matches. Fuck off asshole.
I never get bodied free, but trying to play shitty players and then finding some badass who just mindfucks you left and right is the worst feeling ever lol.

I really hate how casual people are, especially when I stopped being casual lol

I never get bodied free, but trying to play shitty players and then finding some badass who just mindfucks you left and right is the worst feeling ever lol.

I really hate how casual people are, especially when I stopped being casual lol
Sure, you've never been bodied free. :rolleyes:

lol

I just skimmed thru some stuff, and nikkas aint got no clue about mk9. If ANYONE thinks mk9 does not have footsies, you obviously just don't have good footsies yourself and didn't recognize the tools mk9 provided for footsies. As for IGAU vs MK9, if ppl would just play both, there wouldn't be a bunch of bickering and fighting and etc. But no, ppl want to split up and that won't help our community at all. I dnt care what ppl talk about stuff being "broken", nikkas look sf2 akuma who got banned lol. that is broken. Every fighting game has a character/moves that are just plain out annoying and hard to deal with, but that's just fighting games, hasn't changed yet and won't change either. If ppl would just play both, it'd benefit our community in the long run, look at the Capcom fgc, marvel and sf have exploded and they keep getting bigger and bigger every evo. Why? well I know one thing, they dnt have a problem playing more than one game usually. I might as well make a list of chars that were super good since ppl think kabal is just too good: ssf4 guile, ssf4 ae yun, mvc3 phoenix, umvc3 zero/ morrigan, sfa3 akuma, pre patched rolento in sfxt, (if I played 3d fighters more, i'd list some), mk vs dc GL/flash, and i'll just stop there, yall get my point.