What's new

Breakthrough Martian Manhunter gets 39% of damage from a safe teleport.

Does this combo bother you?

• Total voters
Sorry man but this is a baaaad mentality.

That's like saying in Street Fighter 4 you are fighting Ryu and you dont want to ever jump at him because your afraid he'll shoryuken. So you end up just slowly being chipped to death by fireballs while he dictates the pace of the entire fight. Your not taking any immediate damage just blocking though so you feel happy never making the read with a jump, ever.

The Mmh player is the one taking the bigger risk. If you just hold back you could full punish his regular ground teleports, sure, but if the mmh is bright and sees you REFUSE to make the read on the overhead teleport and walk forward on reaction then the overhead teleport will become just like the fireballs in my SF4 example. The Mmh will just dictate the match because your in fear. This opens up tons of openings for him because he is controlling the pace.

This is just basic good fighting game playing. Sometimes you have to take risks on a read to discourage your opponents options. If you punish ecen ONE overhead teleport you will make the mmh think twice about doing any teleport and instead will make sure to cover his tracks with a setup or orb everytime; this in itself is limiting your opponents options meaning your on the right track to dictatibg the match.
Maybe it's just because I play Lex, but I have no problem letting MMH get as many free overhead teleports as he wants, as long as I block them.

Because once he does, he's in MY range, Corp Charge range. I'd rather have this green guy close than full screen. That's the price he pays for overhead tele. It's not risking someone luckily guessing and walking forward. It's that he has to give up his full-screen zoning game. I'll take that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Slips placed Top 8 with Deathstroke. Where's your credibility?
Slips is a great player, indeed.

But he is also a full time NRS tester who knew all about the changes even before the game was released.

By the way, I never stated that I wanted Martian Manhunter to be normalized. I am just asking for opinions.

Konqrr, shut up. You play Killer Frost.

you just have to make a good read. if not then you know whats going to happen to you
....... this is like the 100th I've seen "you just have to make a good read"

There's no reading here. Its guessing. Either he does the overhead, or he does the mid teleport. One person is going to guess wrong, and that person is going to eat a full combo. It's not a read, it's a guess- and 39 % of your lifebar is riding on that guess.

There's no reading here. Its guessing. Either he does the overhead, or he does the mid teleport. One person is going to guess wrong, and that person is going to eat a full combo. It's not a read, it's a guess- and 39 % of your lifebar is riding on that guess.
guessing, reading idgaf bottom like is if you mess up your getting hurt for it

RYX

BIG PUSHER

Be glad if you can punish it at all yo

Yeah, it's a guess. No less than a 50/50. You know, like Zod, full screen mix ups. And just like him one option is extremely punishable and depending on the character you can punish the other if you guess right. It sucks dick but that's how it is, make them scared to do an option or you're gonna get bopped

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Regardless of anyone's opinion's about MMH, Zod, any other character, and Dave, I think we can all agree MMH's OH Tele is a Top 2 special move together with Frost's Slide.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
to compensate for this injustice I demand that Grundy's WC receive an additional 3 hits of armor as well as making his trait grab unclashable again

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Yes it is ridiculous... sigh...

Only because it makes for the most boring play to watch.
You have to play MMHs game no matter who you play as... except MMH. He sets the pace and makes the rules.

Honestly, if you do not play MMH or AM, then you shouldn't go to a tournament expecting to win.
If you do win, then braketology (player and charecter MU) favored you that day.
Playing as Zod or KF gives you the next best chance to get lucky and win since they are also good

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yes it is ridiculous... sigh...

Only because it makes for the most boring play to watch.
You have to play MMHs game no matter who you play as... except MMH. He sets the pace and makes the rules.

Honestly, if you do not play MMH or AM, then you shouldn't go to a tournament expecting to win.
If you do win, then braketology (player and charecter MU) favored you that day.
Playing as Zod or KF gives you the next best chance to get lucky and win since they are also good
In my opinion, Martian Manhunter is currently the best character in the game. I wonder how he does against more 50/50 mix up oriented characters like Killer Frost and The Flash.

I think people overreacted to Aquaman a little bit. Probably top 3 but not as dominating as people initially thought.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I feel like ZOD and MMH are the new black adam and superman in being the only S tier characters. BUT I like them being top. The only adjustments I would make would be damage related for them. Killer Frost has a safe slide but they toned her damage down. AND we need a bit more cool down on Zod's trait cause wtf... free interactables all day. If he couldn't pop that thing off 30 times in a match that'd be great. Either way this patch really sparked some new life into this game for me, so i'm happy regardless.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
In my opinion, Martian Manhunter is currently the best character in the game. I wonder how he does against more 50/50 mix up oriented characters like Killer Frost and The Flash.

I think people overreacted to Aquaman a little bit. Probably top 3 but not as dominating as people initially thought.

The Flash can speed dodge mmh's teleports. End of story.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
All those characters retain their core gameplay. Deathstroke does not. He plays nothing like he used to. That is my argument, yet you have fools like 16 Bit and Slips claiming that Deathstroke is still top 10. They should have zero credibility on this issue.
Because all Deathstroke was good for last time was low gun shots.

I mean, forget all his other moves. One special move is all he was good for.

Get out of here.