What's new

Breakthrough Martian Manhunter gets 39% of damage from a safe teleport.

Does this combo bother you?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Martian Manhunter gets 39% of damage from the safe overhead teleport. The damage is slightly less than the average combo that a character gets from an MB b+3. Also, my former main character has no staple 39% combos, yet the Martian Manhunter community claims that their character does "no damage".

The Martian Manhunter combo is:

Overhead teleport, f+2,d+3 xx MB d,b+1, b+3, j.3 xx regular teleport, f+1,2 xx psionic push (credit to dribirut).

What is your reaction? Does this combo bother you? Do you have a personal problem with this combo?

Vote please.

Thanks.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i should be ending with f12 phase charge which is even more fucked up for also 39% but its hard online. and whoever said he had low damage is dumb. his damage output is one of the higher outputs in the game.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I actually like to play MMH but it bothers me it can be in reaction to a lot of zoning moves full screen. It's definitely too much off a free check down full screen

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I forsee this thread being closed, but it's honestly pretty fucking ridiculous. It's not just the overhead teleport itself, but how fast it is, how it's indistinguishable from the grounded version, how it's completely safe, how knocking him out of it is a gamble, how it tracks amazingly, the fact that it's an overhead... it all adds up to being a stupidly good move.

Zod gets free Interactable damage with Trait. Zod gets full screen pressure, mixups, etc. with trait. Zod makes you respect him hella with trait. Zod can run away and zone you without trait, and stronger with trait. Zod eliminated my jumping game especially with trait. Zod is safe on one of his stupid ass charges.

Zod makes me rage, and you don't see me posting threads about how stupid he is.

MMH is stupid, and so is Zod. Cry about your own character for a change. This gets old Dave

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Didnt they buff his overhead tele in the latest patch? I remember prepatch you could jump back or forward and it would miss, now it hits you unless you standblock it. It sucks too cause alot of the cast dont have the reach to punish it on block. The main way I have been fighting mmh is to try and bait tele and mb b+3 on read/reaction, but if the mmh player decides not to tele you just wasted a bar lol.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Martian Manhunter gets 39% of damage from the safe overhead teleport. The damage is slightly less than the average combo that a character gets from an MB b+3. Also, my former main character has no staple 39% combos, yet the Martian Manhunter community claims that their character does "no damage".

The Martian Manhunter combo is:

Overhead teleport, f+2,d+3 xx MB d,b+1, b+3, j.3 xx regular teleport, f+1,2 xx psionic push (credit to dribirut).

What is your reaction? Does this combo bother you? Do you have a personal problem with this combo?

Vote please.

Thanks.
The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't work in the corner. You have to settle for mid-40's there instead...

Kim0z

Noob
Every time I face MMH I play in defense mode, waiting for him to make a mistake and take the chance to punish it, its a mistake rushing him down recklessly cuz he can punish you easily, his teleport is too good IMO, but i dont think it breaks the game mechanics.

this character has everything, from zoning to rushdown, he is just very good.

and no i don't have a problem with that combo.

At least it doesn't lead into a vortex like KFs slide.