What's new

Breakthrough Martian Manhunter gets 39% of damage from a safe teleport.

Does this combo bother you?

• Total voters
Scorpion's unfair and should be banned from the game though. 23% damage from a punishable MB teleport is a huge problem.
Except if I hold back to block MMH's OH teleport, it doesn't make me vulnerable to ANYTHING else he has. His other teleport will be blocked, his other zoning tools and projectiles will be blocked. Everything. I'm not playing rock-paper scissors where preparing for one move makes me vulnerable to another.

I agree, Scorpion needed better damage- but the issue was being ready to block an MB tele-scorp meant either holding forward, or ducking: which made you vulnerable to his other shit.

It's just not the same. If MMH could mix in teleports that hit LOW with his overhead teleport. Then you would have a valid comparison. But none of the players thought Scorpions teleport was a problem in and of itself- it was in the context of him having other moves that would stuff you if actually put focus into blocking teleport.

W.e it's here to stay. Can't wait for KI where there won't be free shit like in Injustice. At first I thought IGAU would expose ppl with weak fundamentals due to the cross ups but all IGAU has done is given ppl with no fundamentals a way to compete and did the exact opposite.

m2dave wants to be able to zone and run away 100% free and clear and any character that can "magically" teleport to him and not be full combo punished is a problem for him.
I agree, there's nothing horribly wrong about that teleport...

But I do sympathize a bit with the issue.

Sinestro was a character that was given pretty sub-par strings- balanced on the idea his ability to play keep-away made up for this.

But what's the point now?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
safe? walk forward and punish it.
It is not acceptable for a "pro" player to be complaining about this sort of stuff.
level up or main mhh.

make a read, you can't expect to be safe the entire time.
By make a "read" do you mean make a "guess"? lol

How am I supposed to read that apart from ACTUALLY me being Martian Manhunter and reading their minds?

And can't the MMH player ALSO make a "read" then and magically sense I think he's going to go for an overhead and he goes for a mid instead?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I know he's a troll but I agree, I really don't understand how that teleport escaped the nerf bat.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
By make a "read" do you mean make a "guess"? lol

How am I supposed to read that apart from ACTUALLY me being Martian Manhunter and reading their minds?

And can't the MMH player ALSO make a "read" then and magically sense I think he's going to go for an overhead and he goes for a mid instead?
that's when mind games come into play.

that's when mind games come into play.
But what's the "mind game"?

How does one force any MMH player to always do the kind of teleport that will be blown up by either blocking forwards or backwords on cue? You can't. It's not a mind game. It's a guessing game.

The only way to deal with it is to walk backwards, and be ready for both. I'm not going to risk 39% of my lifebar, when the maximum punish I can get out of it is 36%.

Error

DF2+R2
I'm sure he is making these threads to get a rise out us... but we all know deep down he really feels this way lol
lbsh, deep down, we all have a bunch of things we hate in any given game. Especially in Injustice for some.

cough j2 cough

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Zod is great, not overpowered:p People need to learn how to deal with his trait activation though.

People don't realize that it takes a while for Trait to catch up on you after it appears. Meaning teleporters and people with fast dashes mostly don't even get touched until half-way of Trait time.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Im holding back 65% of the match just so i wont be combo'd + full screen mixups let alone the fact that hes a DLC so people havent found all his dirt yet. hes worse than scorp was imo.

His trait is active for 3.5 sec when it's out, and Zod doesn't have many great ways to activate it anymore. I have found as much dirt as I can with him, and I am just saying people don't really know how to deal with his trait. You rush in and grab zod/block a trait grab and punish or simply mb b3 through anything zod does and go on the offense. And I am not saying zod is not amazing. He just isn't OP by any means.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
But what's the "mind game"?

How does one force any MMH player to always do the kind of teleport that will be blown up by either blocking forwards or backwords on cue? You can't. It's not a mind game. It's a guessing game.

The only way to deal with it is to walk backwards, and be ready for both. I'm not going to risk 39% of my lifebar, when the maximum punish I can get out of it is 36%.
Sorry man but this is a baaaad mentality.

That's like saying in Street Fighter 4 you are fighting Ryu and you dont want to ever jump at him because your afraid he'll shoryuken into a setup on wakeup or just shoryuken into ultra. So you end up just slowly being chipped to death by fireballs while he dictates the pace of the entire fight. Your not taking any immediate damage just blocking though so you feel happy never making the read with a jump, ever.

The Mmh player is the one taking the bigger risk. If you just hold back you could full punish his regular ground teleports, sure, but if the mmh is bright and sees you REFUSE to make the read on the overhead teleport and walk forward on reaction then the overhead teleport will become just like the fireballs in my SF4 example. The Mmh will just dictate the match because youre in fear. This opens up tons of openings for him because he is controlling the pace.

This is just basic good fighting game playing. Sometimes you have to take risks on a read to discourage your opponents options. If you punish even ONE overhead teleport you will make the mmh think twice about doing any teleport and instead will make sure to cover his tracks with a setup or orb everytime; this in itself is limiting your opponents options meaning your on the right track to dictating the match.