What's new

Breakthrough Martian Manhunter gets 39% of damage from a safe teleport.

Does this combo bother you?

• Total voters

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
All those characters retain their core gameplay. Deathstroke does not. He plays nothing like he used to. That is my argument, yet you have fools like 16 Bit and Slips claiming that Deathstroke is still top 10. They should have zero credibility on this issue.

All that aside. Even if Deathstroke was not a top 10 character, he is still a very good character. He can't just mindlessly shoot guns anymore, but he can still shoot guns.

Do you still use him?

Satan1

Ice Pirate
This game needs much, much more exploration instead of all these players 'complaining'.

Some noobish questions (I stopped playing the game..):
You guys say it's punishable by MB b3 on reaction. Any delay in the MBb3?
'cause if it is & you have plenty of meter, then the move (probably) can be easily punished by a dash canceled MB b3 into a max damage combo. Haven't seen much fadc style cancels in tournaments yet, while I think they have lot of punishing potential.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
All that aside. Even if Deathstroke was not a top 10 character, he is still a very good character. He can't just mindlessly shoot guns anymore, but he can still shoot guns.

Do you still use him?
Not any more. Deathstroke is not any good. My secondary character is Aquaman. FTD performs a similar function as LGS except FTD is slightly safer, does more damage and chip damage, and perfectly tracks grounded opponents. NRS completely botched the low gun shots to near uselessness.

In some match ups (i.e., Killer Frost, Martian Manhunter, Raven, The Flash, etc.) you cannot shoot any guns at all because the risk far outweighs the reward.

What is the point of even thinking about tossing any projectile on Martian Manhunter when he can do a 40% combo?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
People like to upplay Zod a little too much imo. He actually has a few defined bad matchups unlike mmh. So im completely with you there.

Im not with you with your whole "not crying" thing though. This isnt the first time youve made one of these passive aggressive threads with these passive aggressive polls. Your purpose making this is clear. To be passive aggressive.

And whats this? Bringing up Deathstroke almost immediately?! How unlike you to be so aggressive passively.

Strategy made famous by middle aged housewives. Well played M2Dave. Were all fools once again.
zod loses a matchup other than sinestro?

AK Pig Of The Hut , I choose you!

Use reply!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Not any more. Deathstroke is not any good. My secondary character is Aquaman. FTD performs a similar function as LGS except FTD is slightly safer, does more damage and chip damage, and perfectly tracks grounded opponents. NRS completely botched the low gun shots to near uselessness.

In some match ups (i.e., Killer Frost, Martian Manhunter, Raven, The Flash, etc.) you cannot shoot any guns at all because the risk far outweighs the reward.

What is the point of even thinking about tossing any projectile on Martian Manhunter when he can do a 40% combo?

Quick shots would still keep them from advancing (except for frost). That puts him in line with most other zoners. (duckable projectiles)

You keep thinking that Deathstroke is a pure zoner. He isn't. He got to many frame traps and offensive tools to be one.

MMH is a counter zoner. I can't do a whole lot to him either due to the threat of the teleport.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Quick shots would still keep them from advancing (except for frost). That puts him in line with most other zoners. (duckable projectiles)

You keep thinking that Deathstroke is a pure zoner. He isn't. He got to many frame traps and offensive tools to be one.

MMH is a counter zoner. I can't do a whole lot to him either due to the threat of the teleport.
Quick shots are more punishable when crouched than blocked low gun shots.

Deathstroke does not have "too many frame traps and offensive tools". A character like Nightwing has such options. If Deathstroke did, he would not be a below average character.

He used to be a zoning character. Of course, when your best zoning tool gets brutalized, you are left with very little to work with.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Except... it's not safe unless you block it like the normal teleport. And unlike KF slide, you can mb b3 both options on reaction and get huge damage.

MMH overhead teleport is fine... I wish it had a bit more recovery frames, but it's manageable.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Im not with you with your whole "not crying" thing though. This isnt the first time youve made one of these passive aggressive threads with these passive aggressive polls. Your purpose making this is clear. To be passive aggressive.
Just adding a 'Don't really care, I try to adapt' vote option would make polls like this a lot less 'aggressive'. And that's how people should vote anyways imo, especially since the drastic update.

btw, this combo looks 'balanced', dunno how a combo can be balanced anyways. It even looks way to balanced when people say that MMH can end this one with an (mb) orb instead :D.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Good ol M2dave... You should really learn the basic of the game if you want to be able to compete you scrub! lol

Everyone gets huge damage from safe stuff, I dont see the issue here.

Error

DF2+R2
Zod gets free Interactable damage with Trait. Zod gets full screen pressure, mixups, etc. with trait. Zod makes you respect him hella with trait. Zod can run away and zone you without trait, and stronger with trait. Zod eliminated my jumping game especially with trait. Zod is safe on one of his stupid ass charges.

Zod makes me rage, and you don't see me posting threads about how stupid he is.

MMH is stupid, and so is Zod. Cry about your own character for a change. This gets old Dave
Zod is mediocre.