What's new

M2Dave's Friends of the Internet Most Recent Injustice: GAU Tier List

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I've been playing the same people for months and months who still are getting hit with the same gimmicks and the same vortex options. Amount of time played against does not equal the amount of time studied.
I guess it's just different from player to player. Whenever i play i zatanna i feel comfortable in what to look for setup-wise and what my blocking options are

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Her shit neutral, normals, and walk speed. Her gimmicks are also bad when figured out, and pretty much everything is punishable. Her TRex arms, and fuzzy guard able unsafe mix ups don't help her case, and she gets bodied by the top tiers.

Her mix ups are literally irrelevant if she can't touch you, and her zoning is irrelevant until your full screen, and even then it's not that strong. She's an inferior version of Raven.
She was deigned with her normals and walk speed in mind. She isn't meant to be a fundamentally strong character, which is why her neutral game is tricky to get to grips with. He gimmicks are great, and I don't know what Zatanna you're playing but most her mix-ups aren't punishable, and 50/50's can't be fuzzy guarded.

You could say any characters mix-ups are irrelevant if they don't touch you, that is an pointless statement. Her zoning is strong against most characters, and she's got a quick teleport to get you to a range where it's best at. Her game is to run away and catch you on entry, or catch you trying to counter zone her.

What Zatanna's do you play against and what character do you play?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
How? GL has to take way more risks in the match.
I'm not sure what makes you think that. GL has good zoning. He keeps flash out much better than the majority of the cast. His B1 is far better than any of my normals so I always have to respect it. I basically have to attack only after I block something that's negative if you play the MU correctly.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Wow and you complain about us upplaying Harley. Harley is fine where she is, but Hawkgirl does belong in B tier. I feel killer frost belongs in C tier.
I complain about people upplaying Harley because she is still being upplayed.
  • People say that Black Adam has no lows, yet his low lightning is FASTER than Harley's f2.
  • Superman's heat zap does more damage ON BLOCK than Harley gunshots do on hit.
  • All of her tantrum stance options are full combo punishable.
  • Her matchup discussions by Harley players are all based around best-case scenarios. I hear things like "well, if I get 2 joker pictures and a flower trait then I have more life and I'm doing bane damage and they're almost dead" in serious matchup discussion. No. Just no.
  • The stages in this game almost always favor her opponent. Harley in cell block vs. any power character is a bloodbath.
  • Her anti-air damage output is garbage and her actual anti-airs are terrible, so she's free to all kinds of jump shenanigans and crossup attempts.
D tier is defined by @General M2Dave as "Characters [that] have conspicuous flaws and weaknesses. They cannot break down opponents in the neutral game and their mix ups are either nonexistent or very low in damage. They have several very difficult match ups." That description fits Harley perfectly.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I'm not sure what makes you think that. GL has good zoning. He keeps flash out much better than the majority of the cast. His B1 is far better than any of my normals so I always have to respect it. I basically have to attack only after I block something that's negative if you play the MU correctly.
Exactly. The thing is after that attack you might never have to block for the rest if the match. And GL has to constantly spend meter zoning. I have to respect your wake ups you don't have to respect mine. In the corner it's done. You have better mixups, better oki in the match. My average damage and yours are about the same. You also have some of the best interact able control.

TKB

Noob
Her zoning is better than sinestro's. Yeah we out footsie her, but whats the point if we cant get in. Getting our trait out is obviously a plus, but getting it out can be very difficult. To get rid of her trait we have to make a trade that isn't in our favor damage-wise. On a read teleport blows up any attempt to counterzone. Unless we get her into the corner or into the vortex, any knockdown leads to more Z zoning unless we make an unsafe read. Of course, we have our typical Sin bs, and once we get her into the corner her life is hell, but her zoning is strong. It's strong enough to keep us out of b12 range, which leaves us at a disadvantage because her zoning/counterzoning is better than ours.
I don't see how her zoning is better than sinestro... At all. If anything they're mostly equal. Her rings do 6%... Fear blast does 6%. Her MB ring toss is 13%... Sinestro's is 12.5%... Seems like it's splitting hairs to me. We land a boulder and MB, we get to build trait... We land shackles, same thing or put her into vortex depending on distance. She lands a trance, puts you into vortex. I mean there's just risk vs reward and it all seems mostly equal to me. I'm not sure about her trait but if you touch her she's knocked out of it.

And as I said before, teleport can be blown up easy. Just as she has to make the read to teleport, we can make the read to punish it.. Seems pretty even IMO.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Deathstroke A tier AND top 10? Has someone broken M2Dave's account?
Also nice to see Doomsday where he is, I doubt he's better than Batman though. The dark knight has fallen too low.

She was deigned with her normals and walk speed in mind. She isn't meant to be a fundamentally strong character, which is why her neutral game is tricky to get to grips with. He gimmicks are great, and I don't know what Zatanna you're playing but most her mix-ups aren't punishable, and 50/50's can't be fuzzy guarded.

You could say any characters mix-ups are irrelevant if they don't touch you, that is an pointless statement. Her zoning is strong against most characters, and she's got a quick teleport to get you to a range where it's best at. Her game is to run away and catch you on entry, or catch you trying to counter zone her.

What Zatanna's do you play against and what character do you play?
Her being fundamentally flawed is a reason why a character like Aquaman works her shit 7-3 at the least.

When her gimmicks are known and accounted for, she struggles. Specifically in an offline environment.

And to answer your other question, I play lobo/superman and played emperor sunfire a lot before I stopped playing as much as I used to.

I dunno how many times I said this but I'll say it again. Bane has too many losing/debatable losing MUs to be a top 5 character.
I mean u saying that is just u saying that lol, doesn't make it a fact. I could say "flash doesn't dominate enough characters so he can't be top 5", but that would just be me saying that. You are entitled to your opinion, doesn't mean it is right lol.
Edit: game barely been out 2 yrs, can't settle that much in that time span anyways. There will be many unanswered questions once mkx comes out as we know what is going to happen by that time. I never said bane was top 5 either, just said he could be a candidate for it, but hey putting words in my mouth works well :)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Her being fundamentally flawed is a reason why a character like Aquaman works her shit 7-3 at the least.

When her gimmicks are known and accounted for, she struggles. Specifically in an offline environment.

And to answer your other question, I play lobo/superman and played emperor sunfire a lot before I stopped playing as much as I used to.
Her gimmicks are obsolete, so if some one is doing them then yeah of course they suck when you recognize them. But her actual mix-ups are the best in the game.

Yeah but Aquaman is a bad example anyway because he beats nearly nearly everyone. She can compete with most of the cast despite her design.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I don't see how her zoning is better than sinestro... At all. If anything they're mostly equal. Her rings do 6%... Fear blast does 6%. Her MB ring toss is 13%... Sinestro's is 12.5%... Seems like it's splitting hairs to me. We land a boulder and MB, we get to build trait... We land shackles, same thing or put her into vortex depending on distance. She lands a trance, puts you into vortex. I mean there's just risk vs reward and it all seems mostly equal to me. I'm not sure about her trait but if you touch her she's knocked out of it.

And as I said before, teleport can be blown up easy. Just as she has to make the read to teleport, we can make the read to punish it.. Seems pretty even IMO.
It's not just rings. Tele away and puppet master are in her favor as well. Think about it, she gets a vortex off of a full screen mb puppet master. Sinestro gets 11% into either a couple dash ups or 1/3 trait charge. Both of those cost a bar of meter. Those damage numbers on projectiles seem even, but we cant really trade too much or Z can makea read with tele

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Exactly. The thing is after that attack you might never have to block for the rest if the match. And GL has to constantly spend meter zoning. I have to respect your wake ups you don't have to respect mine. In the corner it's done. You have better mixups, better oki in the match. My average damage and yours are about the same. You also have some of the best interact able control.
Let's say we're in the neutral game and you use a B13 minigun and I block it. You're now negative so let's say I use B22 RMS, cancel it into D12 LK and you block that. I'm now -5 and it's your turn to do something. A common misconception about the Flash is that people think he's always plus but a lot of the time I have to end a string into LK and once that's blocked I have to respect your next move. GL's air missiles are a really good zoning tool and you don't need to spend meter on them. When I get you in the corner it's more or less how it is for GL as it is for the rest of the cast lol. I dunno if you've watched gross but GL has a lot of OTG resets and he also has setups that completely ignore Flash's wakeups so yeah. Flash's interactable control isn't even that good. All I can really do is prevent you from using them in the neutral game but you can get free OTG damage from them. Your view on the MU seems really pessimistic, as if you have no options to what I can do but GL definitely has options. You just need to explore the MU further.

I mean u saying that is just u saying that lol, doesn't make it a fact. I could say "flash doesn't dominate enough characters so he can't be top 5", but that would just be me saying that. You are entitled to your opinion, doesn't mean it is right lol.
Edit: game barely been out 2 yrs, can't settle that much in that time span anyways. There will be many unanswered questions once mkx comes out as we know what is going to happen by that time. I never said bane was top 5 either, just said he could be a candidate for it, but hey putting words in my mouth works well :)
Me saying "Bane has losing/debatable losing MUs" isn't my opinion, it's a fact. I dunno how I put words in your mouth. I never implied you said anything. Bane's agreed upon losing MU's are Flash and Zatanna to my knowledge. His debatable losing MUs include Batman, Sinestro, Shazam, Superman, Lex and possibly others that I can't think of or I'm not aware of.
Flash has no losing MUs that can be agreed upon by the community but people say he might lose to Superman, Aquaman, Hawkgirl... I'm not sure who else has been brought up that I would even consider as losing MUs. Just by looking at that, how can Bane be higher than Flash? It doesn't make sense. Therefore it's nonsense.

Last edited:
Let's say we're in the neutral game and you use a B13 minigun and I block it. You're now negative so let's say I use B22 RMS, cancel it into D12 LK and you block that. I'm now -5 and it's your turn to do something. A common misconception about the Flash is that people think he's always plus but a lot of the time I have to end a string into LK and once that's blocked I have to respect your next move. GL's air missiles are a really good zoning tool and you don't need to spend meter on them. When I get you in the corner it's more or less how it is for GL as it is for the rest of the cast lol. I dunno if you've watched gross but GL has a lot of OTG resets and he also has setups that completely ignore Flash's wakeups so yeah. Flash's interactable control isn't even that good. All I can really do is prevent you from using them in the neutral game but you can get free OTG damage from them. Your view on the MU seems really pessimistic, as if you have no options to what I can do but GL definitely has options. You just need to explore the MU further.

Me saying "Bane has losing/debatable losing MUs" isn't my opinion, it's a fact. I dunno how I put words in your mouth. I never implied you said anything. Bane's agreed upon losing MU's are Flash and Zatanna to my knowledge. His debatable losing MUs include Batman, Sinestro, Shazam, Superman and possibly others that I can't think of or I'm not aware of.
Flash has no losing MUs that can be agreed upon by the community but people say he might lose to Superman, Aquaman, Hawkgirl... I'm not sure who else has been brought up that I would even consider as losing MUs. Just by looking at that, how can Bane be higher than Flash? It doesn't make sense. Therefore it's nonsense.
uh lmao, OK. Saying something is "nonsense" is definitely ur opinion, but hey whatever makes you happy. All I know is, u have no way of justifying that ur opinion is true. "It doesn't make sense" maybe not to you, but u are one person and u can't dictate what I say is "nonsense" because once again those are ur thoughts. We can agree to disagree, but u can't just say "oh that's nonsense" because that is bs by my book.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Let's say we're in the neutral game and you use a B13 minigun and I block it. You're now negative so let's say I use B22 RMS, cancel it into D12 LK and you block that.
So I do b13 minigun you block, then you do b22 rmsc, then it's a 50/50 for you that potentially takes half of my life taking me to the corner for more 50/50s. Are you 100% sure it's a 5-5? The options are in your favor. And you can do d12 lk cancel also.