What's new

M2Dave's Friends of the Internet Most Recent Injustice: GAU Tier List

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
She's only underrated because most people don't take the time to figure her out. I think they've got her in the right tier.
Idk, i've played against zatanna a countless amount of times and i think she's truly underrated. Her zoning is strong and she has some wonky mixups that keep you guessing on what type of mixup she might do. Her divekick can be pretty good against characters wity bad air normals.Her obvious weakness is in the range of her normals, but even then st 3 and cards arent that bad in that department. i could definitely see her in C tier but i dont think it would be wrong to put her in B tier

TKB

Noob
Idk, i've played against zatanna a countless amount of times and i think she's truly underrated. Her zoning is strong and she has some wonky mixups that keep you guessing on what type of mixup she might do. Her divekick can be pretty good against characters wity bad air normals.Her obvious weakness is in the range of her normals, but even then st 3 and cards arent that bad in that department. i could definitely see her in C tier but i dont think it would be wrong to put her in B tier
Your opinion might be a little biased because that matchup is annoying as fuck for Sinestro. (Still not 6-4, 5-5 for sure just really annoying)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I've been playing the same people for months and months who still are getting hit with the same gimmicks and the same vortex options. Amount of time played against does not equal the amount of time studied.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
From S to D. No pluses or minuses. In order within the tier.

S Tier Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Zod, Batgirl‏

These characters have characteristics that are clearly the best in the game. They have tools that dictate the entire pace of the match. They can approach and break down opponents with ease. They have several dominant match ups.

A Tier Bane, Superman, Sinestro, The Flash, Doomsday, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Batman‏‏

These characters have very powerful tools and mix ups but have to work a little harder in the neutral game than the S tier characters to break down opponents. They have dominant match ups with a limited number of losing match ups.

B Tier Black Adam, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Lobo, Raven, Lex Luthor, Killer Frost‏‏

These characters are well-balanced. They have as many strengths as weaknesses. They perform well against the cast but have one or two very difficult match ups.

C Tier Solomon Grundy, Shazam, Catwoman, Zatanna, Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl.

These characters struggle to break down opponents in the neutral game but are capable of performing high bursts of damage. On the correct guess, they can force repeated mix ups, but they have some very difficult match ups.

D Tier Joker, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Ares, Scorpion‏‏‏

These characters have conspicuous flaws and weaknesses. They cannot break down opponents in the neutral game and their mix ups are either nonexistent or very low in damage. They have several very difficult match ups.

---

Contributions by the Skype Illuminati

AK Pig of the Hut
@Blind_Ducky
@cR_whiteboi
@GGA 16 Bit
@Hysteria
@KingHippo
@GGA pimpimjim
@rev0lver
@Slips
@WoundCowboy
Oh boy.....

TKB

Noob
What makes you say 5-5? I've always thought it's 6-4 Z
He out-footsies her badly. I mean she has her gimmicks and vortex but so does sinestro. Not to mention we ALWAYS have meter and she has to spend it to get her game started; we don't spend meter for anything until we put her in the corner(other than lemons/boulders/MB B3s). Once sinestro has trait it's also pretty bad for Zatanna but that's the case with pretty much everyone.

Her zoning is good but it's not better than sinestro's. What I find annoying is her stupid teleporting. She can blow you up if you're going ham with lemons but much like Ares, just make the right read and jump back 3 or fear axe and she's right back in the vortex again.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I've been playing the same people for months and months who still are getting hit with the same gimmicks and the same vortex options. Amount of time played against does not equal the amount of time studied.
Well of course people are going to be hit with a vortex since a vortex is a guess. The real test would be if they're recognizing what sort vortex you're doing and their blocking options. I hit people with the same standing vortex and oki setups all the time with sinestro. Does that mean that who im fighting is unfamiliar with sinestro? No

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Well of course people are going to be hit with a vortex since a vortex is a guess. The real test would be if they're recognizing what sort vortex you're doing and their blocking options. I hit people with the same standing vortex and oki setups all the time with sinestro. Does that mean that who im fighting is unfamiliar with sinestro? No
You misunderstand. I hit people with the same option for the vortex about 90% of the time because they just don't know better. If you only did cross-up j3 from Sinestro's vortex and your opponent hardly ever blocks it after months of seeing the setup then there is something wrong with their understanding of the setup.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Also, Deathstroke's projectiles are fine, not amazing but still pretty decent.
For zoning, they are mediocre. For anti-zoning and whiff punishing, they are almost better than everything except special moves like Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport and Aquaman's From The Deep. In fact, low gunshots in many ways are a poor man's version of Aquaman's FTD.

out of curiosity who does WW dominate?
or does dominant just mean winning?
Wonder Woman is similar to The Flash. She is a well-rounded character with a couple of weaknesses. She does not dominate anybody, but nobody dominates her either. Aside from Zod of course, I would say that she is the most balanced top tier character. The corner game is cheap, though.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
He out-footsies her badly. I mean she has her gimmicks and vortex but so does sinestro. Not to mention we ALWAYS have meter and she has to spend it to get her game started; we don't spend meter for anything until we put her in the corner(other than lemons/boulders/MB B3s). Once sinestro has trait it's also pretty bad for Zatanna but that's the case with pretty much everyone.

Her zoning is good but it's not better than sinestro's. What I find annoying is her stupid teleporting. She can blow you up if you're going ham with lemons but much like Ares, just make the right read and jump back 3 or fear axe and she's right back in the vortex again.
Her zoning is better than sinestro's. Yeah we out footsie her, but whats the point if we cant get in. Getting our trait out is obviously a plus, but getting it out can be very difficult. To get rid of her trait we have to make a trade that isn't in our favor damage-wise. On a read teleport blows up any attempt to counterzone. Unless we get her into the corner or into the vortex, any knockdown leads to more Z zoning unless we make an unsafe read. Of course, we have our typical Sin bs, and once we get her into the corner her life is hell, but her zoning is strong. It's strong enough to keep us out of b12 range, which leaves us at a disadvantage because her zoning/counterzoning is better than ours.

Well then what are your reasons for thinking she sucks?
Her shit neutral, normals, and walk speed. Her gimmicks are also bad when figured out, and pretty much everything is punishable. Her TRex arms, and fuzzy guard able unsafe mix ups don't help her case, and she gets bodied by the top tiers.

Her mix ups are literally irrelevant if she can't touch you, and her zoning is irrelevant until your full screen, and even then it's not that strong. She's an inferior version of Raven.