What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Ok then tell me all of my options and what they're for and how to escape after I'm +12 and then compare them to Liu.

Shinnok can make himself +14 and has faster moves than Liu, but who gives a shit lol, it's the context in which you're + that matters.
The exact same almost but you have a spin which makes ppl scared to press anything

No it won't, did taking away true block strings from anybody else kill them?

You don't NEED to be able to hit the same string 3 times in a row on block, there should be situations where he has to bait, just like everybody else.

Kung Lao went from having soooo many guaranteed block strings to having basically 0, and his rush down is basically the same.

Also, making overhead cancelable is a terrible idea, give him a true 5050 AND plus after everything?

Liu players are fortunate enough to be playing pre patch mkx, so never had to know what it is to have fairer rush down.
So you think dvorah and Johnny cage should get rid of their cancels too? What do you mean it wouldn't kill the character, this thread is about his block infinite due to fk mb then continued pressure why are you suddenly focusing on his true block strings lol. doing 2.75% chip damage then guessing every time , without an over head launcher too along with all his OTHER issues he already has, anyone who thinks it would not kill the character obviously isn't a Liu kang main, let's focus on the issues that are important not his run cancels

Can't believe ppl are focusing on his block strings when THEYRE NOT THE ISSUE HERE. Liu kang will be near bottom if this happens and no one will play him or have success with him, how about focus on Kung Lao, Tanya or quan chi ppl lol. This is all but silly , just make his fk mb neutral

Oh wow please the 50/50 doesnt exist because f4 is slightly faster. It seems some people on tym dont even know how to do a high low mixup properly.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
I remember complaining about liu kang's pressure months ago in the liu kang forums, i was told to level up and be more patient, lol.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Whats Kenshi's guess? there is NO guess he has after mb fly kick outside of an X_RAY!!!!. You dont even know your own character......
So 4/5 characters can't do nothing about this so nerf Liu Kang, that's your logic right now. If the whole cast couldn't do anything yea I can see it but Liu shouldnt't get nerf just because 4/5 characters, give those characters what they need to escape and leave Liu alone

So 4/5 characters can't do nothing about this so nerf Liu Kang, that's your logic right now. If the whole cast couldn't do anything yea I can see it but Liu shouldnt't get nerf just because 4/5 characters, give those characters what they need to escape and leave Liu alone

Dude.. again... when you're a character that get out but your BEST and ONLY option is a trade, thats not ok.

@Pig Of The Hut
@General M2Dave

Enexemander

There's none actually known. At the absolute least, you're looking at 2 frames added on. And that's at the absolute minimum, which doesn't seem likely.
Seems like something the community should make a concerted effort to know, at least for your main characters.

As absolutely distasteful as I find this thread, and well, Tom Brady in general to be honest, I have absolutely no problems with giving Kenshi in particular better frames. I still think some labbing is in order to discover options. As DInk showed with TB's last Quan Chi video, TB is bad at actually doing that so you can't trust his word to be the final say on the subject.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I cant even see the vids but if its that vid of predator in the corner blocking mb fly kick and then getting stuffed by b12, if you block the b12 its your turn. Even if its fireball run canceled...its no longer lius turn. Yes you have to guess wether he eill use b12 or f213 and he is also guessing if u will use armor or wether to continue pressure. Thats mkx...guessing is everywhere. Im not supporting a block infinite but dont do that fraud b12 mess and act like u have no options lol.

omooba

fear the moobs
If his Overhead is 14f and the low is 10f, you not fuzzy guarding that. Especially if the LK feels like delaying his low even slightly.
dude my roommate fuzzy guards 1 out of 3 times. and every time it gets blocked i'm entering quanchi's bull shit.
y'all need to stop complaining about a character that's midtier

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I cant even see the vids but if its that vid of predator in the corner blocking mb fly kick and then getting stuffed by b12, if you block the b12 its your turn. Even if its fireball run canceled...its no longer lius turn. Yes you have to guess wether he eill use b12 or f213 and he is also guessing if u will use armor or wether to continue pressure. Thats mkx...guessing is everywhere. Im not supporting a block infinite but dont do that fraud b12 mess and act like u have no options lol.
I just told this man this lol

Seems like something the community should make a concerted effort to know, at least for your main characters.

As absolutely distasteful as I find this thread, and well, Tom Brady in general to be honest, I have absolutely no problems with giving Kenshi in particular better frames. I still think some labbing is in order to discover options. As DInk showed with TB's last Quan Chi video, TB is bad at actually doing that so you can't trust his word to be the final say on the subject.
If you payed attention, he didnt use the same example I did. He did A much slower version where I did the instant. In the last high level QC mirrors in tourney, NONE of them escaped the example I showed.

Knowledge.. gain it before false accusations ...

Last edited:
There are a few options here...

1. B12~FBRC can be pokes out of witha 7f normal/armor or trade with an 8f normal.
2. He can B12~fly kick MB which can catch you if you are someone to is just mashing out that 8f poke for a trade. Respect the option if fly kick mb and he can go right into the F213 FBRC lopp instead
3. He can also stagger the string with B1 and then go into F213 FBRC as you respect the rest of the string. He can also use B1~fly kick mb as an option to really make you respect his ability to stagger the string after B1.

There are a few more options in the guessing game but what you really mean to say is that blocking B1 gets you a guess.

Last edited:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
People
Who calls liu mid-tier is either insane or has no idea really
People who call him high tier off of a string that most likely wont remain the same have no idea really. Imo hes solid upper mid but thats not what the thread is about. It went from zomg block infinite guise! To zomg nerf hes high tier no matter where u are u have 0 options! Quan mains must be laughing their asses off right about now lol. All this attention on liu again

Enexemander

If you payed attention, he didnt use the same example I did. He did A much slower version where I did the instant. In the last high level QC mirrors in tourney, NONE of them escaped the example I showed.

Knowledge.. gain it before posting...
That's what I'm trying to do. You know, find out what the options actually are so the community can level up. And no, I don't just trust your word on it while you're being Dave's sock puppet.