What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Pretty sure I said give the characters what they need to escape and leave Liu alone. Please quote the whole post not just some
Also not logical as you probably introduce more problems/possible block infinites for characters that are already balanced.

Wigy

There it is...
I wouldn't care less if they take away all his +frame run cancels.

I'm asking these in return:
make his dragon fire fireball not useless aside from run cancels
better recovery on his fireballs
better air normals
faster d1
db2 doesn't get low profiled
overhead is safer on block
better hitbox on d2
His zoning is already decent, if you want to catch someone jumping low fireballs, do IAFB
If his d1 becomes faster his d3 needs nerfed
His overhead has pushback and is already tricky to punish, considering f4 and the fact you're perma-blocked low, he does not need it safer. I don't think I've even seen it punished outside a blockstring in tournament.
Armour generally has to have a drawback, his db2 is like -2 and launches them full screen, (very useful in some matchups). Would basically means he has a totally get out of jail free card for being pressured.
His d2 is one of the best in the game... its 7 frame and has an insane horizontal hitbox. You can antiair JIK's with it?

This being said I think his FBC is all fine.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
There is an amount of match up knowledge needed here. He is only 1-2 frames plus after the FK meter burned. It is easy to get out of the pressure with reversals or wake ups, it is all in the mind game bro. If some people do not really know the match up then they complain about it, it is senseless. The tournament/competitve scene will reveal the truth.
b1 stuffs armor after mb FK, what are you talking about? and btw, you seriously think that is fair for a character to have only one option against his block pressure? Liu kang doesnt even spend anything outside of stamina to get that, and you're only option is to guess your way out, spending a bar, and, for most of the cast, dont get anything afterwards? no set up, no oki, no nothing... im pretty sure that the competitive scene prefer to have the same results with less effort, cause liu kang has an high execution gap, it still doesnt justify some of his bullshit.

Pretty sure I said give the characters what they need to escape and leave Liu alone. Please quote the whole post not just some
i thought we played "Mortal Kombat: X", not "Liu Kang's block loops all day learn the MU get over it: X"

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
b1 stuffs armor after mb FK, what are you talking about? and btw, you seriously think that is fair for a character to have only one option against his block pressure? Liu kang doesnt even spend anything outside of stamina to get that, and you're only option is to guess your way out, spending a bar, and, for most of the cast, dont get anything afterwards? no set up, no oki, no nothing... im pretty sure that the competitive scene prefer to have the same results with less effort, cause liu kang has an high execution gap, it still doesnt justify some of his bullshit.

i thought we played "Mortal Kombat: X", not "Liu Kang's block loops all day learn the MU get over it: X"
Yes we play MKX the game with unreactable and safe 50/50, vortexs, booty anti air, op jump ins, you can't tech throws with throw button, it cost to back dash but not to forward dash, and ppl don't want to use block breaker

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Block infinite is fair for the character without 50/50, vortex, fast pokes and ice clones. Git gud and learn to play the game.

But to be honest, what would be a point in FBRC without it jailing on block? Why Quan Chi can have a 50/50 vortex which is absolutely zero skill to counter, just a koin flip game? And he can do that anywhere on the screen? But Liu Kang can't have a massive advantage in the corner without having anything else? His jump attack sucks, his pokes are slow, his neutral is not very good because of a very little range his noramls have, he doesn't have 50/50.

All we have left is zoning and pressure, let us be like that, PLEASE.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Yes we play MKX the game with unreactable and safe 50/50, vortexs, booty anti air, op jump ins, you can't tech throws with throw button, it cost to back dash but not to forward dash, and ppl don't want to use block breaker
so, for you, i have to block break, spend 2 bars, lose all my stamina, just to get put right back in the loop afterwards? nice strat...

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
It should only be half the resources but hey go talk to NRS about that
To be honest, loosing all stamina after kombo and block breakers is a very stupid mechanic of MKX, imo. Shouldn't I be at least in some advantage after already spending 2 freaking bars of meter for God's sake?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
It should only be half the resources but hey go talk to NRS about that
we should go talk to NRS about things yeah, still, you dont balance a character around another character, you blance a character around the whole game and the whole cast. period.

I dont wanna have to deal with more bullshit just because those hipotetically buffs the character has recived were only made to counter another hipotetically character.

this goes for MKX and it goes for any other online / offline competitive game

Lord of The Fly came on stream to tell me Kenshi had plenty of options but I am misinforming people.

Dude.. this is the FACT about the block trap and will be the last thing i say on it.

1. MOST characters will trade as a poke out.. a TRADE.
2. Some can poke out of it period.
3. Some have almost no options are extremely limited when it comes to getting out, causing them to get looped over and over at times.

If its fine, then we all agree its fine and im done with the matter. I was asked to do something, I did it, done...

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
For the record, MB Bicycle kick is +2 on block, B1 starts in 9 frames. If B1 is done to the frame after a blocked MB BK, only 6f pokes will trade, 7f pokes/normals won't trade, because of the extra block-releasing frame.

So you need either 6f normals or 7f specials.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Lord of The Fly came on stream to tell me Kenshi had plenty of options but I am misinforming people.

Dude.. this is the FACT about the block trap and will be the last thing i say on it.

1. Sub-Zero will trade as a poke out.. a TRADE.
2. Sub-Zero can't poke out of it period.
3. Sub-Zero has almost no options are extremely limited when it comes to getting out, causing him to get looped over and over at times.

If its fine, then we all agree its fine and im done with the matter. I was asked to do something, I did it, done...
Fixed :DOGE
I think it's clear what Liu's pressure is at this point. But to know exactly what options other characters have it's just gonna take for people to actually go into the lab and explore with their character of choice. Arguing is useless, since fixing will come no closer than next spring.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Ok, I can't watch the video, I'm on mobile at the moment,. To clarify for myself, the f213 RC is loopable 3x with NO ESCAPE options until the Kang player reaches the 3rd rotation and must do something to regain stamina and either repeat the process or do something else..? Ie, assuming infinite stamina a frame perfect f213 RC would be impossible to escape?

If the 3x repeat is inescapable, how much damage does it do in chip?