What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
wrong.

i did say Kenshi has an already fast 8f d1.

i didnt say Kenshi doesnt need buffs, and if you read my post again, i did actually said what kenshi needs buffed. i just said that he doesnt need a faster poke.

read correctly.
Nice option select, but Paulo took that shit out of the game, son. You're going to need another strategy. Like I said, it ain't changing. Hold that.

If you want to insult me personally or whatever, the conversation button is right there.

I'm out of this thread. Peace, bitches.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Nice option select, but Paulo took that shit out of the game, son. You're going to need another strategy. Like I said, it ain't changing. Hold that.

If you want to insult me personally or whatever, the conversation button is right there.

I'm out of this thread. Peace, bitches.
lol, ok bye

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Well whatever, if Liu was like +4 off his cancels I could 100% guarantee you'd be opening people up far more often than you are now.

Back when Tempest was literally one block string, nobody got opened up, now that there are options around it, people leave themselves in situations where they can eat more damage.

Jailing isn't the answer, never gonna believe it is as well, you're just accustomed to it by now and wouldn't be ready to adapt to a change

:DOGE

If Liu was plus 4 on his cancels off f213 then all of his other cancels would be negative and his 3 other true block strings would become neutral and plus one , no point even using the fireball run cancelling unless using f213 all his pressure gone and still gna be able to do ridiculous pressure against those slow characters when they have no meter lol as flying kick meter burn would still be plus 2, oh yeh! Back to square one again lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well whatever, if Liu was like +4 off his cancels I could 100% guarantee you'd be opening people up far more often than you are now.

Back when Tempest was literally one block string, nobody got opened up, now that there are options around it, people leave themselves in situations where they can eat more damage.

Jailing isn't the answer, never gonna believe it is as well, you're just accustomed to it by now and wouldn't be ready to adapt to a change

omg...foxy I love you. you always beat me whenever we played and I would get super salty in MK9 (it was only the lag :p). But seriously, you realize that you just described Dualist but worse right?

Dualist f213 cs is +6 and he is garbage. The execution alone makes it not worth it because if I'm a frame or 2 too slow my +4 is now +2 and with kangs normals he might as well be negative.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
omg...foxy I love you. you always beat me whenever we played and I would get super salty in MK9 (it was only the lag :p). But seriously, you realize that you just described Dualist but worse right?

Dualist f213 cs is +6 and he is garbage. The execution alone makes it not worth it because if I'm a frame or 2 too slow my +4 is now +2 and with kangs normals he might as well be negative.
Dualist sucks because...well he's just a poor man's version of Dragon's Fire in every way. Worse pressure, worse zoning, worse flying kick(as well as no MB), and most importantly no bicycle kick MB so he can't convert his stuff.

Foxy is right saying that if the the cancels were not as + then you'd be able to open people up more easily (I dunno about +4 though...), but then again F213 FBRC is not your only option and you should be mixing it up with less + on block RCs to confuse your opponent.

I think the FBRCs run cancels in their current state are fine as is when you compare them to the rest of the popular RC characters.

Liu Kang: Pure chip and ability to easily jail.
Johnny Cage: Enhances footsies, allows you to open people up, some jailing as well.
D'Vorah: Enhances footsies, allows for 50/50 game, some jailing as well.
Erron Black: Mindgames and makes your absurd mixup game safer and better.
Scorpion: Some plus frames, was nerfed but kinda makes sense since he has strong mobility and air control.
Jax: Combo extender and mindgames. He's already strong so he doesn't need plus frames.
Raiden: Combo extender and mindgames. Fix hitboxes pls.
Predator: Lmao

That being said, I still think he's a top 5 and possibly top 3 character in his current state.

DT Tundra

Steam Name:Tundra_Arctos Twitter: @tundraarctos

I believe it, but if they take away the jailing I don't think it is unreasonable to give him something in return is it? Doesn't even have to be of equal value, just something to help out.

Parasurama

Dragon

LK already has plus frames with other strings using fbrc
such as : f44, 112, that do not necessarily jail. It is better to have all the options.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If Liu was plus 4 on his cancels off f213 then all of his other cancels would be negative and his 3 other true block strings would become neutral and plus one...
Not necessarily true, since you can address cancel advantage of a particular move. The problem is, it will mean more gaps for Dualist/FF to cope with, and those (especially the latter one) are somewhat rigid and aren't necessarily going to easily adapt.

Not necessarily true, since you can address cancel advantage of a particular move. The problem is, it will mean more gaps for Dualist/FF to cope with, and those (especially the latter one) are somewhat rigid and aren't necessarily going to easily adapt.
Yeh but they will change all the fbrcs and like u said , doing that to his f213 would kill his other variations too. Fk MB neutral on block is the only answer, why r ppl still posting here, they must be rly bored to make us repeat ourselves 100 times over lol :D , someone make a new thread with drama plz lol

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
We should let this thread rest in peace its been a good read but I think its been through enough and time to let it go :(

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yeh but they will change all the fbrcs and like u said , doing that to his f213 would kill his other variations too. Fk MB neutral on block is the only answer, why r ppl still posting here, they must be rly bored to make us repeat ourselves 100 times over lol :D , someone make a new thread with drama plz lol
Or maybe those guys who actually get locked up by this should get proper options to either get out or to keep Liu away and be able to afford pushblock every now and then.

It's like suggesting to nerf entire cast of MK9 because Scorpion's pokes are negative on hit.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
This is still going? Lol. Im already ready if a nerf comes. I use f213 as a starter. From there ill to f4 and wait for the first hit of 4 and then fbrc into b12.safe?noooo. But it's a solid mixup. I can understand what foxy is saying, i do some really crazy cancels with liu and some are not plus..but it can bait armor and play mind games. Now you CANNOT compare liu to lao at all, lao has insane tools,meterless damage, good pressure...only thing he lacks is good zoning.liu has solid pressure,solid chip and solid zoning. Like it or hate it his pokes, air game and reach is trash. Acknowledging that isnt downplay..if they nerfed f213 id be all for decent pokes. Funny thing is, most people here get wrecked by liu and would STILL get wrecked if he were nerfed lol.