What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wow! It's just amazing the strategies you can come up with when you actually know the match-up. But damn, that's too hard! Let's make asinine videos and try to kill the character instead!

And just a tip, but maybe Dave should make his own terrible threads if you don't want to reap the whirlwind for this terrible bullshit TB.
Problem is when trading w a poke is your best option that's kind of a problem

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Yes because we all know he is better than lao, cassie, Tanya , Quan chi, predator, jax, dvorah, tremor, erron black, and johnny yep he is most definitely top 5
He's most likely better than Tanya, Tremor, Jax, Erron Black, and Johnny.

Best characters in this game are Liu Kang, Predator, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kung Lao, and Quan Chi. I don't see how you can dispute that.

Tweedy

Noob

Best characters in this game are Liu Kang, Predator, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kung Lao, and Quan Chi. I don't see how you can dispute that.
Yeah, i'm starting to think that Tanya is a tad bit overrated.

But don't sleep on the boi Johnny Cage, bruh.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
pretty sure they "adjusted " ronin because of similar situation.. just saying..
Not just Roning. Hellfire was adjusted entirely, and Scorpion did not even have a meter burn move that is advantageous on block or a very fast, double-hitting armor breaking normal attack.

A player like Dizzy will always defend overpowered offense yet cry about Kenshi and Freddy for life, but the reality is that Liu Kang can loop f+2,1,3 three times and end with MB flying kick, at which point he can do b+1 to stuff many low pokes, back dashes, and armor moves. When properly mixed up with throws and overheads to regain stamina, this offense is the best in the game. Again, f+2,1,3 has three hits and can be looped three times. When the Liu Kang player will throw or perform the overhead is almost impossible to know. Tom Brady is 100% correct when he says that in the corner blocking or getting hit by Liu Kang is the same thing.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Good to know. Is there a reason to do that besides making a read on slow armor? If the armor is fast the LK would just block instead right?
No reason to do that. For ANY reason unless you're making a hard read and trying to break armor with b1. You coulddo b12 as well but thats a free poke on block even if run canceled as well

WITNESS

Worlds Famous

I told you this before until you compare each and every character with liu kang, their tools, strength and weakness then I will be convince. If he was top 5 or top 10 I wouldn't be debating this. Now can he be top 10 or 5 by the end of this game's life, we will see what they do for future patches. Until then he is not top 5 or 10

Last edited:

WATCHD0G

Noob
Hey guys....imagine if NRS added a new feature where everyone is immune to chip damage from 10% health and below....not sure but i think that could be something different.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main

Better than TANYA? stoooooop....he has nothing that makes him better...she has better pressure,better damage, better mobility. ..much better mixups..seriously man reach at another character

well no shit b12 is gonna break armor. thats the meta. b12 breaks armor but doesn't give much plus frames when fb cancelled.

will he go for f213 after the mb flying kick or will he go for armor breaking attempts?

again, every follow up liu kang does is escapable and sure he keeps you guessing but thats his gameplan. there is nothing wrong with having a strong (and fun) pressure based character. We don't need anymore 50/50 vortex characters.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Not just Roning. Hellfire was adjusted entirely, and Scorpion did not even have a meter burn move that is advantageous on block or a very fast, double-hitting armor breaking normal attack.

A player like Dizzy will always defend overpowered offense yet cry about Kenshi and Freddy for life, but the reality is that Liu Kang can loop f+2,1,3 three times and end with MB flying kick, at which point he can do b+1 to stuff many low pokes, back dashes, and armor moves. When properly mixed up with throws and overheads to regain stamina, this offense is the best in the game. Again, f+2,1,3 has three hits and can be looped three times. When the Liu Kang player will throw or perform the overhead is almost impossible to know. Tom Brady is 100% correct when he says that in the corner blocking or getting hit by Liu Kang is the same thing.
I pointed out in the thread that its block infinite (meaning they have to take a hit) against 4 characters without meter, and Shirai Ryu Takeda if he has less than 3 meters (X-Ray is only escape).

I never said it was fine and in fact said it was "horrible" against those chars.

Something needs to be done, I think giving everyone 6-7f pokes to escape would at least make sense, especially if they wanted to preserve DF LK how it is.

I am a fan of pressure characters but not if they block infinite some characters.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Sir, i respect you and your opinion alot and i was testing the whole corner pressure myself and then i found this. When i was going for b12 after mb flying kick it was beating Sub-Zero's d1 and d4 but soon after i found this new tech to escape Liu's pressure easily. And i hope you test this yourself and i'll be more than happy if you prove me wrong. And if i am right please delete this post ASAP because it is attracting unwanted LK haters who dont know anything about Liu Kang and demanding nerfs for the character.

LASD

Noob

Scorpion's Mb fireball was/is super plus. C'mon man

Looks like DF Liu is being put on blast again. Figured this would happen thus my switch to flame fist.

BTW Liu's b12 is probably the best string in the game. Imo thats what really keeps his pressure so damn good is because of the threat of that string. I really think that Liu is in a solid place right now. I agree he shouldn't block infinite any character, but it is a slippery slope, one small adjustment can really hurt Liu's pressure. MB fk to +1 or 0 as opposed to 2 might be the only thing possible. Don't know if it will help the block infinites though

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Christ, this community sometimes.

Dave makes a thread about "Hey guys, Quan Chi is totally not broken as shit!" (Quan Chi is the character Dave plays, for those that might not know. Which is easy to not know, because he has done jack fucking shit in MKX besides make pathetic threads).

That's followed up by Dave hiding behind Tom Brady to make this thread. Are we REALLY arguing if ever-nerfed, mid-tier as fuck, never won anything Liu Kang is a major problem in this game when QUAN MOTHERFUCKING CHI exists?

Hrrm, I wonder if there is any agenda behind the same person downplaying the most broken character in the game (that he mains) while ordering up a massive up-play thread on a different character to shift focus?

I do have to give props to Dave for effectively using Tom Brady as a hidey account.

Last edited:

st9rm

viennality.com
I pointed out in the thread that its block infinite (meaning they have to take a hit) against 4 characters without meter, and Shirai Ryu Takeda if he has less than 3 meters (X-Ray is only escape).

I never said it was fine and in fact said it was "horrible" against those chars.

Something needs to be done, I think giving everyone 6-7f pokes to escape would at least make sense, especially if they wanted to preserve DF LK how it is.

I am a fan of pressure characters but not if they block infinite some characters.
takeda has to be airborne to do his x-ray

rip

Just block breaker bro.
which costs as much as a breaker :DOGE

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
When Liu Kang emerges as the the best, and easily crushes all other characters in tournaments with his ''unfair infiinites'' I will accept this logic, but the fact is people are able to get out of this pressure, and people usually do have armor/meter The decision to do b12, which if blocked can then get you out of the pressure since it is like 0 frames adv with fbrc, or carry on with f213 which can be interrupted or f12 which can be low profiled, means that there are options, there is a mind game at play for both the attacker and the defender. I think people should rather look at their own characters, and how to improve instead of looking at things to be changed in the game. The developers should change it if they see that it is too much in competitive play, Liu Kang should be top tier. Liu Kang Dragon fire is not easily crushing everyone. He might in future but right now he is not. And if you do nerf the pressure, then you should give him 50/50's or antiairs, he is good at what he does but he does not have a lot of options, so nerf the pressure and dragon fire dies as a character/variation. Also if you nerf the f213 string any more then dualist will also become unviable, as it is Dualist is very limited and relies on people not knowing the match up. Please work on improving your own characters and match ups.