What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

TLDR: Tom is right and you rush down fools are scrubby whiny crybabies that need this kind of pressure to win.

This is a great post. The real reason we do not see more Lui Kang hate is bc he requires execution which the majority of this community does not have. What Tom highlights could possible be some of the strongest offense in the history of the MK series.

Of course we see the rush down fools quick to weigh in and say "ohh u can just poke out" blah blah blah. Everyone knows that Dizzy is a fan of mindless pressure and rush down since the MK9 days. He knows that if Lui Kang is exposed as broken (which he is) that Johnny Cage may get toned down since he is a less good version of Kang.

There is an important point that the rush down fools seem to not understand. This pressure has variability. He does not ALWAYS have to do the same loop over and over. The threat of it freezes you and opens you up to throws/stagger pressure/b2/f4 et cetera. What happens when he lands a d3/throw/b2 or whatever? His stamina resets and you are literally in the exact same position.

I see "Just jab out" blah blah blah.... so the Kang players knows your going to do that and does Kangs 7 frame jab and gets 40% and you are in the same position.

Kang ignores footsies and can flying kick/MB and be plus 2 (not 1 like some claim) and follow it up with a b1 that beats jump forward or back/dash/neutral jump and armor moves that are not faster that 13 frames.

This is as close to a true block inf that you will see in this game. If things like this are allowed to exist the game will die. Not move/dash cancel on block in MKX should be more than plus 2. Period.

This game has no variability. No spacing. It is one dimensional and boring.

This game reminds me of a high school girl fight where they just stand in front of each other and swing as fast as they can. It laughable.

There is only one explanation for things like this to exist. I mean NRS can do math right? They know how broken it is. NRS is appeasing to the mid level players with MKX. They want any scrub to think they have a chance to win but giving them broken pressure and broken jump normals lol

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Kenshi can actually trade with his 8f d

B1 fbrc is not plus. U can regular poke out of that. Its -8 on block.
Wow! It's just amazing the strategies you can come up with when you actually know the match-up. But damn, that's too hard! Let's make asinine videos and try to kill the character instead!

And just a tip, but maybe Dave should make his own terrible threads if you don't want to reap the whirlwind for this terrible bullshit TB.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
TLDR: Tom is right and you rush down fools are scrubby whiny crybabies that need this kind of pressure to win.

This is a great post. The real reason we do not see more Lui Kang hate is bc he requires execution which the majority of this community does not have. What Tom highlights could possible be some of the strongest offense in the history of the MK series.

Of course we see the rush down fools quick to weigh in and say "ohh u can just poke out" blah blah blah. Everyone knows that Dizzy is a fan of mindless pressure and rush down since the MK9 days. He knows that if Lui Kang is exposed as broken (which he is) that Johnny Cage may get toned down since he is a less good version of Kang.

There is an important point that the rush down fools seem to not understand. This pressure has variability. He does not ALWAYS have to do the same loop over and over. The threat of it freezes you and opens you up to throws/stagger pressure/b2/f4 et cetera. What happens when he lands a d3/throw/b2 or whatever? His stamina resets and you are literally in the exact same position.

I see "Just jab out" blah blah blah.... so the Kang players knows your going to do that and does Kangs 7 frame jab and gets 40% and you are in the same position.

Kang ignores footsies and can flying kick/MB and be plus 2 (not 1 like some claim) and follow it up with a b1 that beats jump forward or back/dash/neutral jump and armor moves that are not faster that 13 frames.

This is as close to a true block inf that you will see in this game. If things like this are allowed to exist the game will die. Not move/dash cancel on block in MKX should be more than plus 2. Period.

This game has no variability. No spacing. It is one dimensional and boring.

This game reminds me of a high school girl fight where they just stand in front of each other and swing as fast as they can. It laughable.

There is only one explanation for things like this to exist. I mean NRS can do math right? They know how broken it is. NRS is appeasing to the mid level players with MKX. They want any scrub to think they have a chance to win but giving them broken pressure and broken jump normals lol

I really can't wait until you scrubs play top Kangs and go "ok I know the jap and Im gonna poke out and get my 40% lol" then kang meter burns it again and launches your asses.

there are only a few real lui kangs out there and zyphox is not one of them. he sucks. when people get wind of what kang can really do you are going to see a flood of them.

@General M2Dave

I was asked by several players to make a vid showing just how stupid Liu Kangs pressure still is. This is just ONE example. In this vid it shows that close to 90% of the cast get caught in a guaranteed block infinite unless they can armor. No meter = you can ever block or get hit or you lose 100% of your life.

keep it in or let it be tym'd

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I really can't wait until you scrubs play top Kangs and go "ok I know the jap and Im gonna poke out and get my 40% lol" then kang meter burns it again and launches your asses.

there are only a few real lui kangs out there and zyphox is not one of them. he sucks. when people get wind of what kang can really do you are going to see a flood of them.
Or maybe just learn the MU

Or maybe just learn the MU

what if i told you that i destroyed you, offline, in a long set and tournament with a character that gets block inf by kang? maybe its u that needs to level up? maybe?

but when i play one of the two real lui kangs out there i get destroyed. at this time your lui kang is not tournament ready and maybe you should consider a less execution heavy character? maybe?

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
I am sorry, but i have to disagree with this. Just because kang can keep good pressure in the corner with various run cancels; and the fact that you dont want to burn meter or let alone get hit by the 3 after f+213... imo makes you hate this game even more. The fact that you are not willing to change the way you play and not considering on adapting and utilizing a strategic game plan out of the corner is really disappointing to hear. Especially from a well known player such as yourself. You know the gap window, make use of it, this is just a rant. There are far worse scenarios with other characters in the corner, and this is not as good compared to those IMO.

A 9 frame jab will not work if the liu player is on frame after mb flying bicycle kick on block. Sub is one of the characters that when defending liu, will get blown up for attempting to move without meter.
huge props to murk for keeping it real. murk is one of the few players that truly understands kang. i wish he could travel more.

murk was almost a top 8 placer in injustice and he a force in mkx. good execution. good hit confirms (which is vital). good match up knowledge. and a good understanding of the footsies negating flying kick to mb

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
what if i told you that i destroyed you, offline, in a long set and tournament with a character that gets block inf by kang? maybe its u that needs to level up? maybe?

but when i play one of the two real lui kangs out there i get destroyed. at this time your lui kang is not tournament ready and maybe you should consider a less execution heavy character? maybe?
What if I told you that your delusional and just need to learn the MU. What if I told you its you that needs to level up. What I told you that your not tournament ready as a player

DF Liu Kang with good hands and smart play is honestly really good, I tried to bring it up one time but everyone said he was garbage. (keep in mind when it was even easier to perform the loops). Now it takes execution but still exists and is still very strong. What @Tom Brady failed to stress was that you do not need the bar to start it. Just get them to block a jump punch or d3 and go directly into the loops to build the meter and that character is boned.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Hah.

I think Liu Kang is fine the way he is and I wouldn't change him, if Paulo wanted to make his Flying kick MB to neutral instead of +1 then I'd still be fine with that I guess. Liu's most likely a top 5 character and there's still alot of misinformation being spread around of what he does and doesn't have.
Yes because we all know he is better than lao, cassie, Tanya , Quan chi, predator, jax, dvorah, tremor, erron black, and johnny yep he is most definitely top 5

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Flying kick MB into F213 is escapable by doing a 6 or 7f normal. Some chars that have an 8f move at fastest have access to a low profile move to avoid F2. The only exceptions to this are Takeda, Erron Black, Kenshi and Jason. If done absolutely perfectly, then will only be able to trade with F2, which is a disadvantaged trade if the Liu can be ready for they trade they can start the loop again.

Armor works to escape this of course. The only variation that cannot escape this whatsoever is Shirai Ryu Takeda. His armor too slow and will get broken by f213.

B12 breaks most armor but is only +1 run cancelled.

Overall, it is an exceedingly shitty situation for most chars and horrible for those 4 who can't do anything about it without meter. But having a 6 or 7f move is the majority, I believe only 8 chars lack it.
Yep. Lol

i stopped watching half way in when it took 5+ tries to armor break after the mb flying kick.

theres so many ways out of this, its not even considered anything close to an infinite.

the last patch where they took away 5-7 frames advantage after his f213 was uncalled for, especially since we have characters like kung lao, dvorah and tanya. if this gets patched out, you might as well take away all other offensive options he has.