What's new

Lets ReLive Pre Patch

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm curious if Trident Rush was somehow more broken on Day 0? +10 on block?
The only change to trident rush over the course of the game was it was "normalized". Each hit used to do extremely varying amounts of chip dmg. After this change all the hits did nearly the same dmg. It also ended up nerfing the overall chip by approx 1% on both normal and MB versions.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
The only change to trident rush over the course of the game was it was "normalized". Each hit used to do extremely varying amounts of chip dmg. After all the hits do nearly the same. It also ended up nerfing the overall chip by approx 1% on both normal and MB versions.
I knew I wasn't crazy - I swore it used to be 17% and people thought I was wrong.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I knew I wasn't crazy - I swore it used to be 17% and people thought I was wrong.
I believe it was something like 15.86 for MB pre patch and 14.7 something post patch. All I remember was it being a 1% nerf because I tested it right before and after the patch.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
The only change to trident rush over the course of the game was it was "normalized". Each hit used to do extremely varying amounts of chip dmg. After this change all the hits did nearly the same dmg. It also ended up nerfing the overall chip by approx 1% on both normal and MB versions.
Interesting. I'm kind of surprised they nerfed but only slightly. Maybe back then they didn't realize how much of a problem it is. I just want people in the community to keep playing and Aquaman is making people quit :/

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Catwoman getting that f+1 buff was so critical. It's funny to think at the time people were saying both it didn't matter or that she'd skyrocket into the top 10. Dumb. Can't believe there's still people saying it was an unnecessary buff.
Lol, around this time pre-patch I remember Chef argued with me vociferously that Catwoman was among the top chars in the game. He got so angry that he carried the insults to Twitter and made a huge deal of it.

About how Krayzie was just playing her wrong and she could easily hang with the top tiers (which at that time were Superman, Aquaman and Black Adam).

Then when she got the f1 buff it was said that she'd be broke and S+ tier.

Welllll, I guess we see how that turned out :)

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Little known fact. Before the OTG fix patch, Lobo had 100% combos with 2-3 bars depending on the starter. His command grab could OTG if timed perfectly. This is when people were saying he was bottom 3 for sure lol.
Really?! I did not know that! I still prefer this version over his pre-patch one though lol. I'm sure all other Lobo mains will say the same.