What's new

Lets ReLive Pre Patch

Crathen

Death is my business
Unpatched version aquamans ftd was advantage on block lol
Yea i remember that , something around +6/10 frames iirc?

I was relating unpatched DS vs 1.07 Aquaman , it would have been pretty advantageous for DS.

I'm not actually sure but i think DS had safe trait activation when doing b3 f3 splat at a high height wich could lead into 40%+ MB quickfire damage.

Kinda wanna test it out lol.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Batman's trait came back in 6 seconds and B23 was virtually unpunishable on whiff. Grapple couldn't be absorbed by Raven as well, but that really didn't affect the MU that much imo.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I wish 2d3 was cancelable and plus on block still. Not 10 maybe like 2 or 3 would've been fair. All of Harley's plus strings are duckable

4x4lo8o

Noob
I remember when Ares 22 didn't actually hit mid and was negative on block. You had to use unsafe d1~d4 all the time because you had no worthwhile pressure to go into off of a d1 on hit. Ares is ass now, but he was so much worse back then

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
WTF?!? I knew about safe scoop but jesus h. tapdancing christ that is absolute madness.
Safe scoop was -14 with pushback which actually made it past the day1 patch. I spammed it against @Slips ares. D2 scoop ftw.

FtD was only advantage in day0 (totally unpatched).

He also had a block infinite and trait lasted longer and came back quicker.
Yeah, I remember the corner block infinite because Brady mentioned in one of the older podcasts how he felt he'd become too reliant on it. Trait time...yeah....wasn't it nerfed like 3 times by the end? Man...its crazy to think that the only reason why Aquaman didn't rule Vanilla injustice is cause there were at least 2 characters who were even dumber than he was....and in retrospect that might even be kind of debatable.
It honestly makes me wonder if on a long enough timeline Aquaman would have still conquered this game.

RM Truth

I remember when Ares 22 didn't actually hit mid and was negative on block. You had to use unsafe d1~d4 all the time because you had no worthwhile pressure to go into off of a d1 on hit. Ares is ass now, but he was so much worse back then
Well he had 70% resets back then so risk reward was usually in his favor.

RM Truth

Yeah, I remember the corner block infinite because Brady mentioned in one of the older podcasts how he felt he'd become too reliant on it. Trait time...yeah....wasn't it nerfed like 3 times by the end? Man...its crazy to think that the only reason why Aquaman didn't rule Vanilla injustice is cause there were at least 2 characters who were even dumber than he was....and in retrospect that might even be kind of debatable.
It honestly makes me wonder if on a long enough timeline Aquaman would have still conquered this game.
It lasted either 3 or 5 seconds seconds and came back in 7 I think. I heard he needed it though. :/