Votes: 15 12.8%
  • No One Wanted her

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • They Wanted Room For Other Characters

Votes: 60 51.3%

• Total voters

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
No he isn't. He's meant to be stronger, but that's about it.
No.

He is/was a high ranking official in Shao and Mileena's army, which encompassed all of Outworld and every realm Shao conquered. You don't get that far on strength alone, especially when you're the only person in your entire race chosen to be a head enforcer.

Not saying Baraka is a genius but if Shao wanted only strength he had any entire army of Shokan and Centaur at his disposal.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I played Baraka so I know what shit tier was like. So yes I do!
If Baraka's D1 were 11 frames, maybe I would listen!

Lol, but in all seriousness, if we enter a "who's shittier" Baraka or Quan, we could be here for days. Though Dink may have a good answer.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If Baraka's D1 were 11 frames, maybe I would listen!

Lol, but in all seriousness, if we even a "who's shittier" Baraka or Quan, we could be here for days. Though Dink may have a good answer.
Well Quan Chi is in MKX and Baraka isn't, so the whole point is moot. But if he does end up in MKX somehow I hope he is better than Quan :DOGE

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
Because she's a boring ass character with nothing interesting in the slightest about her
if that is the case I think putting in cassie, jacqui and the homo bow (kung jin) is pointless they deaded out the story by using that story line. I mean really cassie defeating shinnok lol thats a bunch of bull since when did mk have the will of the green lantern core. this was a injustice 2 beta story ahahaha. On the other hand Scorpion and SubZerO made my day.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Shes not playable because quan chi doesn't resurrect low tiers

Quan confirmed tier whore
Quan never resurrected anyone. Do your homework
And fuck all of you! Jade would be OP if she was in MKX. Look at Kitana's mournful variation, which is roughfly the best of the three right now. Absolute counterzoner with flash, absolute anti-rushdown with glow and extreme reach using the pole. She'd full combo punish punish any attempt of zoning with flash+run. Dude... If they didn't mess up her glow and flash in MK9 she would've been OP as fuck.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
So you say we exchange boring ass Jade for boring ass Jacqui? Dayum.
Jade is 1000x times more interesting than Jaqui. I really dont understand people liking Jaqui as a character. I understand people liking her for her playstyle with a fast walk speed and all that, but the character is as generic as it gets.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Yes i know it's pitiful as fuck !!!
I would've loved to see a trap variation with her glaves , or even explosive glaves omg *tears up*
So much variety with her

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
She was a repaint of Kitana for a hidden character. They likely didn't want to go the male ninja way with them. I mean look at the way they handled Kitana and Mileena. One was swept to the side, the other one was killed off.

Jade is about as interesting as all the repainted ninjas.
I liked the personality they gave her, mind. And her looks were amazing in mk9 but we have to face it, there's only so many copies a game can use.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Low-mid

I am prepared to argue over a dead game. Be warned.
I think it'd be more interesting than this thead.

Quan was poop. Baraka may be better. You have advancing armor, hella footsies with d4, a great whiff punisher in blade charge, crazy damage in the corner, frame traps for pressure and conditioning.

Didn't Baraka have a really good low starter?

Baraka is legit.

Zoidberg747

I think it'd be more interesting than this thead.

Quan was poop. Baraka may be better. You have advancing armor, hella footsies with d4, a great whiff punisher in blade charge, crazy damage in the corner, frame traps for pressure and conditioning.

Didn't Baraka have a really good low starter?

Baraka is legit.
Advancing Armor? Yes. Footsies with D4? Yes. Great whiff punisher? Eh, you get like 11%, lots o f characters got more than that off of whiff punishes. Crazy damage in the corner? No, not compared to the rest of the cast at least. What made his corner game so good is he could restand with F4 and then go into a 50/50(F2 and B3 were both above 20 frames so they were fuzzyable and reactable). His low starter was bad, like 25 frames, no range, and negative on block.

Quan had rune traps. And rune traps. Did I mention rune traps?

:DOGE

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Advancing Armor? Yes. Footsies with D4? Yes. Great whiff punisher? Eh, you get like 11%, lots o f characters got more than that off of whiff punishes. Crazy damage in the corner? No, not compared to the rest of the cast at least. What made his corner game so good is he could restand with F4 and then go into a 50/50(F2 and B3 were both above 20 frames so they were fuzzyable and reactable). His low starter was bad, like 25 frames, no range, and negative on block.

Man, get out of here.

You have a 50/50 reset in the corner. You can condition people to make your low usable.

Quan JUST had The Rune Trap. Having it meant that if he used a breaker, chances are he would lose. My armor was Sky Drop. Sky Drop is one of the most horse shit teleports ever. Punishable on whiff. Death if blocked. Slow. AND it wasn't even fully invincible. You could poke him out just before his head went into the ground.

At least you have the threat of wake up Blade Charge or Blade slice. Quan's wake up was ass. His b3, 1+2 string had a gap between it for armor, a d1, or if you're Sektor, A FULL COMBO.

You eat a full combo from Sektor just for using your supposedly safe string.

Rune Trap is tight, but that is literally ALL he has.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

f2 19 frames
b3 17 frames.

i had to come into a jade thread to type this, i hope your happy.

Zoidberg747

f2 19 frames
b3 17 frames.

i had to come into a jade thread to type this, i hope your happy.
Obviously you have much to learn in the art of downplaying.

No but for real, I havent touched the game in two years. I have no idea why I am even arguing this lol.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I've been thinking about this since I heard MKX was released. I know people will mock me for it but I don't give a shit. Here's my favourite character for mkx, beta version.

JADE
Hypothetical breakdown of a nonexistant character for mkx.

Intro - Continuing from where Jade's ending left off in MKX
"Jade has fallen to the woman she respected and loved as a mother. Her soul unable to rest, wandering the far-our reaches of the afterlife, a distant voice called out to her. A mysterious woman radiating a might akin to what she only felt from Raiden himself, appeared ethereal before her, offering her a chance to return to life. A great evil took root after Shao Kahn's demise, the woman said. Jade accepted the offer and emerged from the ruins of Shang Tsung's fortress, soon to be detected and picked up by Special Forces. Outworld's deadliest assassin is back in the game, and this bad girl doesn't play nice."

Ending - Kitana and Jade reunited
"Kitana freed from under Quan Chi's influence, the sorcerer stood little a chance against the onslaught of princess and bodyguard. Hearing of Mileena's death, Kitana's vengeance was swift. She commanded Jade to find and dispose of those responsible. Jade and her ethereal companion made short work of the Kahn and his henchmen, her new empress to appoint her general of the New Edenian Armies. Only one battle was left to be fought, and Kitana gratefully granted Jade the permission to fulfill her promise to their mysterious ally. (A picture of Kitana and Shinnok's portraits facing off meshed into an army led by Jade vs an army of Shinnok's, above it all the image of the mysterious goddess that possessed Jade.)"

Normals
1 mid jab - i6, 0b, r9, h12
2 overhead - i10, +5b, r15, h12
3 low kick /range, long hitstun - i7, 0b, r17, h20
4 mid knee /short range, fast, unsafe. - i4, -15b 18r, h11

Strings
b1 - Staff Reach, 3 hits, high. Slow recovery, whiff punishable. i14, +3b, r16, h18. Cancellable into all specials
Huntress: b1f1 - Staff Reach 3 hits high, spin sweep low that reaches in front and behind at good range. Unsafe. i16, -15b, r30, h30
The Amazon: 112 - high mid mid, jab jab staff push /range, unsafe, cancellable. i6 (4) 0 -> -16b
xButterfly: 143 - high high high, jab into two high spin kicks, cancellable, makes her leave the ground, juggle/spacing string. 6(0)7(0)9 (0b)
xBad Girl: 21f2 - overhead, high, reach-out-stab, /pushback, range, safe, cancellable i10, (+5), -> 0b
Mesmerize: 234 - overhead low high unsafe cancellable at each, juggles into itself 3 times for 30%- 10 (2) 4 (+4b) -> -30b

Specials
Shadow Kick - (fast advancing mid special, can be held or cancelled) 0 on block, pushback on block, hard knockdown /carry, /range. EX has more range armour, ex can be done in air.)
xShadow Butterfly - (Two armoured spinning kicks that have her airborne, can be done in air can be cancelled or held, launches opponent)
Glaive Toss /ex - (See Kitana's glaives), can be done in air
Staff Slam - Overhead, jails on block, launches low and grounded opponents for juggle, very unsafe if blocked high. Can be done in air. Ex has armour and creates ground pound event ie jax)
Vanishing Winds - Teleport, can be cancelled or held, can be done in air
xStaff Buster - Jade teleports behind the target and hits them in the groin. Very punishable on block, high advantage / reset on hit. Changes sides. (intending Jade for mid-screen spacing game rather than corner) Ex gives more +frames
xFlicker - Her signature glow move reworked, see variations

Variations

Butterfly - Hair down, no mask, headdress. Jade's zoning variation, gains low glaive with excellent recovery, armour on ex glaives, glaives become glowing butterflies when thrown, gains Butterfly string and Shadow Butterfly
Rogue - Jade gains a mask and ponytail. Jade's rushdown variation, gains Bad Girl string and Staff Buster, armour on wakeup glaive.
Apparition - Jade's eyes glow and voice has a double-tone. Jade's tactical variation, gains Flicker which makes her become immune to any form of non direct body hitbox damage be that a projectile, weapon, trap, control, any form of zoning or summon.

X-Ray
Too Easy - Jade lunges forwards pushing her staff out in groin height and lifting the opponent up, landing repeated butterfly kicks cracking groin, skull then spine, landing with a staff slam on the opponent at the spine crack ending, launching them for possible juggle.

Fatalities -
Afterlife - Jade lunges into a Shadow Butterfly becoming ethereal and kicking the life energy out of the body, appearing on the other side as the soul disperses with a blood curdling shriek and the body collapses into a rotting puddle. "You serve US now."

Humiliation - Jade starts out with a staff buster that destroys everything below belt, leaving the humerus and hip bones hanging out. The slain opponent stumbles around in agony for a moment before collapsing to the ground, twitching. "Oops, did that hurt?"

Miscellaneous lines
Kitana - I thought you were dead.
Jade - I thought I was dead too.
Kitana - Let's correct that mistake.

Jade - Enjoying servitude, princess?
Kitana - Another of these nightmares again..
Jade - You have noooo idea.

Quan Chi - What is this presence...?
Jade - Never heard of perfume, baldylocks?
Quan Chi - Insolent even in death I see.

Jade - (Ethereal voice) Remember the task..
Quan Chi - What is this presence...?
Jade - (Own voice) We'll make you pay for what you've done to them.

Shinnok - (almost frightened) You. This cannot be..
Jade - (Ethereal voice) The void beckons, forsaken one.
Shinnok - I've defeated you before!!

Jade - I've never kicked a god's ass before.
Shinnok - (almost frightened) I ... know ... you?
Jade - (Ethereal voice) Do you fear oblivion?

Mileena - She walks again?
Jade - I have your toothbrush (Makes staff appear)
Mileena - The sentence for insolence is death!

Jade - Hey lovely.
Mileena - A deathwish?
Jade - Just here to fix your teeth. (Makes staff appear)

Cassie - Dig the duds.
Jade - Love the attitude.
Cassie - This will be fun.

Jade - A child in a battlefield?
Cassie - Those real? *eyebrows*
Jade - Time for a spanking.

Johnny - So ... you free tonight?
Jade - Ugh..
Johnny - She's into me.

Jade - Movie star.
Johnny - Call me daddy.
Jade - I'll make you call auntie instead.