Votes: 15 12.8%
  • No One Wanted her

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • They Wanted Room For Other Characters

Votes: 60 51.3%

• Total voters

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
But the amount people played her certainly does.
Also the only shit tier character from MK9 that is still in is Kano, and that was because he was an MK1 original. The rest of the shit tier were not included in the game, so why would Jade be different.
Lol, stop. Who people play in tournament doesnt matter in the SLIGHTEST to who will appear in future games. The men in suits who sit in boardrooms at WB/NRS decide that, not our little competitive scene. Lol

Also, I remember the game kept online statistics throughout the duration of MK9 and Jade was the number 1 picked character ever for like a year and stayed in the top 5. I know that means nothing but it is interesting. People on TYM hate her or find her boring, but the majority of the world (casuals, mk fan base) love her.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol, stop. Who people play in tournament doesnt matter in the SLIGHTEST to who will appear in future games. The men in suits who sit in boardrooms at WB/NRS decide that, not our little competitive scene. Lol

Also, I remember the game kept online statistics throughout the duration of MK9 and Jade was the number 1 picked character ever for like a year and stayed in the top 5. I know that means nothing but it is interesting. People on TYM hate her or find her boring, but the majority of the world (casuals, mk fan base) love her.
Your wrong and I am right, because I said so!

No but for real, I have no idea why even bothered responding to this thread, or why its even still open.

Error

DF2+R2
It was all Birdsongs and Goldfish using her online.

Last edited:
She's not in because they didn't think Mournful variation was disappointing on enough levels.
I dont think I will ever be able to explain to ppl how badly my face DROPPED wen they showed the mournful variation on the stream. I was like O.O This is the most lazy shit ever. They could have done a REALLY cool zoning variation or..anything... ugh.

Wait a minute Blanche, how do you know they are in suits? You slept with them?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I dont think I will ever be able to explain to ppl how badly my face DROPPED wen they showed the mournful variation on the stream. I was like O.O This is the most lazy shit ever. They could have done a REALLY cool zoning variation or..anything... ugh.
I'm 100% mindblown that she didn't get any normals or really any strings using the staff. It comes up so infrequently that you're basically just taking the developers at their word that it's there. I was really expecting lots of long range pokes and EX glaive boomerang pressure.

But it's more like "Jade fucked off and I have this staff. Wouldn't wanna use it or anything."

I'm 100% mindblown that she didn't get any normals or really any strings using the staff. It comes up so infrequently that you're basically just taking the developers at their word that it's there. I was really expecting lots of long range pokes and EX glaive boomerang pressure.

But it's more like "Jade fucked off and I have this staff. Wouldn't wanna use it or anything."
Exactly this variation HAD potential. She could have had some nasty range, overhead smashes, and cool staff attacks. Instead....She got no strings OR normals with the staff and special moves that were literally the exact same copy pasted animation as MK9. :/

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Because Boon hates cool things.

What's that, you want Jade (or at least an explanation for her absence)? You want Baraka? You want Smoke? You want Fujin? You want the abundance of characters from the 3D era with untapped potential?

Well, have Tanya.
Your logic is amusing. Baraka, a mentally deficient & extremely bland Tarkatan jobber with absolutely no interesting or redeeming characteristics or qualities is somehow more interesting than Tanya?

The Magician

According to my sources...

That's because any TYM member, even pros, it turns them into whiners. It's impossible for anyone to not complain on here.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Your logic is amusing. Baraka, a mentally deficient & extremely bland Tarkatan jobber with absolutely no interesting or redeeming characteristics or qualities is somehow more interesting than Tanya?
Never said anything of the sort. Neither character is interesting at all. Nobody who likes Baraka likes him for that reason.

And he's not "mentally deficient", he's supposed to be an intelligent being, NRS just like to forget everything about his character and make him job 25/8.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Exactly this variation HAD potential. She could have had some nasty range, overhead smashes, and cool staff attacks. Instead....She got no strings OR normals with the staff and special moves that were literally the exact same copy pasted animation as MK9. :/
To be fair most characters in this game have that one variation that clearly not one person gave any shits about in development. This one just sucks 'cause the slap in the face comes in at two angles.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
For the same reason Kabal didn't come back, she was way too fucking OP in the last game.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Never said anything of the sort. Neither character is interesting at all. Nobody who likes Baraka likes him for that reason.

And he's not "mentally deficient", he's supposed to be an intelligent being, NRS just like to forget everything about his character and make him job 25/8.
Intelligent? Since when? Lmao