What's new

its been 17 months. lets solidify a top 5

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Flash loses to Aquaman, Hawkgirl, Black Adam, and Superman (Come at me y'all, I aint scared) #YEEEAAAPPPP
I could see Aquaman and Hawkgirl possibly, but not Superman or Black Adam at all. If anything I think Flash beats Black Adam 6-4 lol. Superman's zoning ain't nothin to Flash and up close Flash is better

They all have to play Flash's game as much as he has to play theirs. They're all 5-5s. I don't even see BA as a remotely debatable bad MU. I can see the debate for AM, HG, and Superman but there's no way I can change my mind on them until someone gets the better of me in an offline set.
Did you play Theo's superman/aquaman at aevo/ did you play PPJ at evo? those would be good matchup experience/knowledge to gain with the flash on those debated matchups.

I could see Aquaman and Hawkgirl possibly, but not Superman or Black Adam at all. If anything I think Flash beats Black Adam 6-4 lol. Superman's zoning ain't nothin to Flash and up close Flash is better
flash beat BA? nah son that'd be the case if the black adam player didn't know how to lame it out. Also supes? better footsies, outzones, and is very dangerous up close as well :p

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Up close Superman is able to start F23 Breath/F2 Breath pressure pretty easily. I wouldn't say Flash is better. But he has options

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Did you play Theo's superman/aquaman at aevo/ did you play PPJ at evo? those would be good matchup experience/knowledge to gain with the flash on those debated matchups.
I haven't had the chance to play Theo much offline yet unforunately. I played KDZ's superman among others so I'm very familiar with the MU. I played a long set with PPJ at UFGT and it was very even.

coolwhip

Noob
There is no way in hell Batman is top 5 IMO. He's really solid and has an answer for most things, but I can't see a character with bad wake-ups, lack of true mix-ups or 50/50's (other than grapple resets), tons of holes in his strings, a poor poke, lack of range, lack of solid whiff punisher (unless you're whiffing right in his face), iffy anti-air (his D2 has its uses but it's inconsistent), and other "weaknesses" being top 5 in a game like Injustice, where other characters have much more overwhelming tools and match-ups in which they dominate handily. Yeah, Batman's trait is great, his J2 is awesome, and he's well-rounded to where he's never helpless in any match-ups, but top 5? Serious question: What makes Batman that much better than Deathstroke? Deathstroke has better zoning, better anti zoning, better 50/50's, better oki and much better wake-ups. I'm not saying DS is better, but if we agree that DS is upper mid tier, then how can Batman be top 5?

Last edited:
There is no way in hell Batman is top 5 IMO. He's really solid and has an answer for most things, but I can't see a character with bad wake-ups, lack of true mix-ups or 50/50's (other than grapple resets), tons of holes in his strings, a poor poke, lack of range, lack of solid whiff punisher (unless you're whiffing right in his face), iffy anti-air (his D2 has its uses but it's inconsistent), and other "weaknesses" being top 5 in a game like Injustice, where other characters have much more overwhelming tools and match-ups in which they dominate handily. Yeah, Batman's trait is great, his J2 is awesome, and he's well-rounded to where he's never helpless in any match-ups, but top 5? Serious question: What makes Batman that much better than Deathstroke. Deathstroke has better zoning, better anti zoning, better 50/50's, better oki and much better wake-ups. I'm not saying DS is better, but if we agree that DS is upper mid tier, then how can Batman be top 5?
interesting point, DS does do things better than batman in multiple ways. TBH, DS is in that discussion of being top 10 if we want to be serious about it. I'm not saying he is like number 6, but being at that last 10th spot could be plausible

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I don't know shit about this game, but lets see if I'm close or not.

Aquaman
Zod
Batman
Flash
MMH

/shrug

The Highlander

There can be only one
She doesn't lose to Sinestro. And Wonder Woman has more winning matches than Batman
Why do you think that? Most other ww's believes she does. I believe the last bit though, she may be better than batman but my point is they're in the same boat ie. lots of even match-ups, losing badly to top tiers, and beating a few in between.

After reading the post, I take flash off 5 and replace him for superman. Superman is not as stupid as he use to be but no one really gives him a real hard time besides mmh (strong maybe) so mine is

Mmh
aquaman
Batgirl
zod
Superman

coolwhip

Noob
interesting point, DS does do things better than batman in multiple ways. TBH, DS is in that discussion of being top 10 if we want to be serious about it. I'm not saying he is like number 6, but being at that last 10th spot could be plausible
Dude, DS has much better footsie tools than Batman too. The problem with Batman is he is SO reliant on his trait and J2 that when people learn not to be intimidated and actually AA him or challenge him in the air (and as godlike as J2 is, it's not that great as an air to air and loses to a lot of moves), he struggles. Once people start anti-airing him better then he really struggles to get in and get much going, and it's not like he's a huge threat in the footsie game. Most of the time, he'll have one bat out and the days where you can just release it and get in for free are over. Honestly, I'm not downplaying Batman. He doesn't have that many losing match-ups, he's extremely well-rounded but he's not really overwhelming. Plus, Batman's lack of range kills him. He doesn't have a reliable whiff punisher. B23 is a really good string but you can't just use it to control space anymore. People have leveled up too much for that and the neutral game has evolved. Hell, Batman's range is so shitty that even after a blocked J2 you sometimes can't get standing 1 to connect from certain distances. And the amount of times the second hit of B1(1) whiffs even though the B1 connected... Too many holes IMO to be top 5.

At least with Deathstroke, you always gotta be on the lookout for low guns in the footsie game, his F3, etc... Not to mention his J3. And that's another thing re: the Batman vs. Deathstroke comparison. Deathstroke, as well as many other characters in the game, have specific tools that you always have to be aware of and take into consideration before you make any move (DS' low gun shots, Aquaman's FTD, Aquaman's B1, GL's B1, etc...). Batman doesn't really have any other than trait, which is great, but not necessarily as a pure offensive tool.

Last edited: