What's new

its been 17 months. lets solidify a top 5

TKB

Noob
There is no way in hell Batman is top 5 IMO. He's really solid and has an answer for most things, but I can't see a character with bad wake-ups, lack of true mix-ups or 50/50's (other than grapple resets), tons of holes in his strings, a poor poke, lack of range, lack of solid whiff punisher (unless you're whiffing right in his face), iffy anti-air (his D2 has its uses but it's inconsistent), and other "weaknesses" being top 5 in a game like Injustice, where other characters have much more overwhelming tools and match-ups in which they dominate handily. Yeah, Batman's trait is great, his J2 is awesome, and he's well-rounded to where he's never helpless in any match-ups, but top 5? Serious question: What makes Batman that much better than Deathstroke. Deathstroke has better zoning, better anti zoning, better 50/50's, better oki and much better wake-ups. I'm not saying DS is better, but if we agree that DS is upper mid tier, then how can Batman be top 5?
Batman's trait is what makes him better than Deathstroke. Otherwise they would be on equal ground IMO.

If Deathstroke had a really good trait he would be a candidate for top 10 all day.

Edit: I read your second post and you make some good points. Batman and Deathstroke are maybe more equal than I thought overall. I still think Deathstroke would be top 10 if he had a good trait though.

Batman's trait is what makes him better than Deathstroke. Otherwise they would be on equal ground IMO.

If Deathstroke had a really good trait he would be a candidate for top 10 all day.

Edit: I read your second post and you make some good points. Batman and Deathstroke are maybe more equal than I thought overall. I still think Deathstroke would be top 10 if he had a good trait though.
I think DS could be slight above Batman in this version of the game (at least MU wise). They both lose about the same amount of losing matchups, DS doesn't get 7'3d by anyone, Batman has a better trait, DS has better zoning, etc.

Reactions: TKB

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
There is no way in hell Batman is top 5 IMO. He's really solid and has an answer for most things, but I can't see a character with bad wake-ups, lack of true mix-ups or 50/50's (other than grapple resets), tons of holes in his strings, a poor poke, lack of range, lack of solid whiff punisher (unless you're whiffing right in his face), iffy anti-air (his D2 has its uses but it's inconsistent), and other "weaknesses" being top 5 in a game like Injustice, where other characters have much more overwhelming tools and match-ups in which they dominate handily. Yeah, Batman's trait is great, his J2 is awesome, and he's well-rounded to where he's never helpless in any match-ups, but top 5? Serious question: What makes Batman that much better than Deathstroke. Deathstroke has better zoning, better anti zoning, better 50/50's, better oki and much better wake-ups. I'm not saying DS is better, but if we agree that DS is upper mid tier, then how can Batman be top 5?
This x100, couldn't agree more. I always thought about the Deathstroke thing as well
If anyone thinks batman is top 5......you are bad and you should feel bad.
See, now people that know what they're talking about are finally starting to post in this thread

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
@Chuckychuck
Even if Sinestro does lose to Doomsday, that's literally only one match that Batman does better in. Sinestro does better than Batman against:

Nightwing
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Superman
Raven
Hawgirl
Shazam
Green Lanturn
Lobo
Joker
Harley
Zod
Lex
Catwoman
Zod

So would you rather do better against Doomsday or do better against the above? I'd rather lose to Doomsday and do better against the above.
Sinestro does not do better against Lobo or Shazam. Superman, Harley and Arrow are debatable. The point is that I would rather have Batman's chart because i'd rather go even with or slightly beat the characters that Sinestro dominates as opposed to losing to most of the top tiers.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I think Sinestro does better against Flash than Batman does.
Why would Sinestro do better? Sinestro's zoning means shit, so all that he has against Flash is B12, while Batman has bats, batarangs and dominant jump normals. As a matter of fact, I almost always see Flash players lose to Batman.

ForeverKing

Sinestro does not do better against Lobo or Shazam. Superman, Harley and Arrow are debatable. The point is that I would rather have Batman's chart because i'd rather go even with or slightly beat the characters that Sinestro dominates as opposed to losing to most of the top tiers.
No, the point is Batman DOES NOT do better against the top tiers than Sinestro. So you're argument doesn't make sense. Batman doing better against Doomsday doesn't mean Batman does better against the top tier.

Sinestro and Batman do equally well against MMH, Aquaman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Bane. BUT Sinestro actually does better against Flash and Zod. So if anything Sinestro does better against the top tiers. And Sinestro does better against the bottom tier. Batman literally only does better against Doomsday and that's it.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Your all saying Flash and normally I'd agree, but how is Flash better than Wonder Woman? Does WW have a losing matchup? I honestly don't know.

ForeverKing

Hahaha when has your Wonder Woman ever placed?

And didn't Foxy also say WW AM is 5-5?
When has those other WW ever placed besides Filipino Man?

And yeah Foxy might have upplayed WW a little much but there is still no arguing he was the best with her period, especially for his time

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
No, the point is Batman DOES NOT do better against the top tiers than Sinestro. So you're argument doesn't make sense. Batman doing better against Doomsday doesn't mean Batman does better against the top tier.

Sinestro and Batman do equally well against MMH, Aquaman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Bane. BUT Sinestro actually does better against Flash and Zod. So if anything Sinestro does better against the top tiers. And Sinestro does better against the bottom tier. Batman literally only does better against Doomsday and that's it.
The only matchup that I think Sinestro does better in is Zod. I think Batman is better against Flash and Martian. He also obviously goes even in the Batman mirror, so that's another MU.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Why would Sinestro do better? Sinestro's zoning means shit, so all that he has against Flash is B12, while Batman has bats, batarangs and dominant jump normals. As a matter of fact, I almost always see Flash players lose to Batman.
Sinestro gets trait incredibly easily against Flash. We played the MU enough at EVO that we should both agree on that. One combo sends me full screen and I have to dash in frantically to stop your trait charge in which case you can just cancel it and B12 me into a new combo so I usually have to just accept the fact that you're gonna get trait. And when you have trait zoning/anything is an option for you. Rinse and repeat. I'm not saying Sinestro wins or anything. It's a 5-5.

Batman can't jump on Flash. D2 wins every time if timed correctly. The only way he can jump at Flash safely is by making me block 3 trait bats and Batman rarely has all 3 to work with. Zoning only goes so far cause Flash gets in very easily and I can react to him throwing a batarang so when I'm within range I can just jump and force Batman to block my J2 in 50/50, @DarthArma can vouch for that. I can see Flash beating Batman 6-4. I'm much better at the MU from when I faced arma at ECT and King at UFGT. I beat arma at SJ. It'll take a lot for a Batman to beat me at any future tournaments.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
When has those other WW ever placed besides Filipino Man?

And yeah Foxy might have upplayed WW a little much but there is still no arguing he was the best with her period, especially for his time
Lol answering a question with another question...point is you haven't placed with her and she's not your main.

His 'time' was pre-patch though, you going to tell me Zyphox is still the best Flash?

(No offense Zyphox <3)

ForeverKing

Lol answering a question with another question...point is you haven't placed with her and she's not your main.

His 'time' was pre-patch though, you going to tell me Zyphox is still the best Flash?

(No offense Zyphox <3)
Well I'm just saying all those people you named don't have more credentials than me besides Filipino Man, so if you wanna play the "have you placed with her" game I can play that too.

But I have played the Sinestro vs Wonder Woman matchup 100's of times with P2W so I know the matchup. Also my secondary is better than alot of peoples' mains so that argument is invalid, the only reason I haven't placed with Wonder Woman in a tournament yet is because I use Batman every tournament. I'm pretty sure I could get the same results with her too if I tried, or if not even better because WW is a better character than Batman

ForeverKing

The only matchup that I think Sinestro does better in is Zod. I think Batman is better against Flash and Martian. He also obviously goes even in the Batman mirror, so that's another MU.
But Batman isn't top tier so he doesn't count. I thought we were only counting top tiers. If we're counting the whole cast then I can bring back that long laundry list of characters that Sinestro does better against than Batman.

Tournaments aren't always top tier anyways, almost all the cast is used at every tournament. There are alot of characters that Sinestro mops up but Batman has a tough 5-5 against, and I'd rather mop up those characters and only lose to Doomsday than beat Doomsday and have a 15 possible tough 5-5's to come across. I don't see why you'd rather beat Doomsday than beat 15 other characters even if they are lower tier

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well I'm just saying all those people you named don't have more credentials than me besides Filipino Man, so if you wanna play the "have you placed with her" game I can play that too.

But I have played the Sinestro vs Wonder Woman matchup 100's of times with P2W so I know the matchup. Also my secondary is better than alot of peoples' mains so that argument is invalid, the only reason I haven't placed with Wonder Woman in a tournament yet is because I use Batman every tournament. I'm pretty sure I could get the same results with her too if I tried, or if not even better because WW is a better character than Batman
Exactly, FilipinoMan has the credentials though with Wonder Woman and according to TYM logic that means his opinion counts more.

Fair enough, you can play matchups to no end and that's fine, but you can't just assume your Wonder Woman is better than a lot of WoWo mains since you/others have probably never played them. True, WoWo is better, but BM has won a competition and WoWo hasn't... I'm just using TYMs logic here that the person with the best results with a character is obviously the most right :)

ForeverKing

Exactly, FilipinoMan has the credentials though with Wonder Woman and according to TYM logic that means his opinion counts more.

Fair enough, you can play matchups to no end and that's fine, but you can't just assume your Wonder Woman is better than a lot of WoWo mains since you/others have probably never played them. True, WoWo is better, but BM has won a competition and WoWo hasn't... I'm just using TYMs logic here that the person with the best results with a character is obviously the most right :)
Yeah Batman has won a competition because of me lol. So if I can win with Batman then why wouldn't I be able to win with a better character? :p

Maybe those WW are saying it's a bad matchup with Sinestro because they are losing to him alot, and I'm saying it's 5-5 because I beat Sinestro with her more often