What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
noob question
what exactly is a tempo/value deck?
Tempo means its based around consistency, it doesn't have the power spikes of some decks (like miracle) but its able to perform better for the area of the game where your combo isn't happening (everything leading up to leeroy). It makes its strength out of its ability to never slow down.

Value is a deck based around buffing lower creatures and tokens in order to trade for higher-values creatures. Also certain creatures (knife juggler) have huge amounts of value from having their effects activate. Value decks can differ, but its all based around getting the most out of a few cards to maintain advantages where the opponent doesn't have good options to trade back with.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Dunno why people still play ZOO (mostly on 20 -> 10 rank). Its not consistent enough on higher ranks and got several disadvantaged MUs

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I couldnt do maexxna on heroic yesterday. I dont have the cards for frost mage which seem to be the most successful or the MVP of heroics - Alex.

Ill probably try again after work.

Edit: if anyone whose done it could give me a rundown of the key cards they used it would be phenomenal.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Dunno why people still play ZOO (mostly on 20 -> 10 rank). Its not consistent enough on higher ranks and got several disadvantaged MUs
I disagree fully, it is a very consistent deck, which makes it very good for leveling ladder. Reynad is looking like he will get top 16 this season with zoo, so its definitely viable at the highest rank too.

All ranks are rife with zoo, definitely the most popular competitive deck. I assure you rank 5-1 is filled with it as well.

bro, zoo is hands down in the top 3 atm. the egg and spiders make the deck sooo much stronger against everything. of course the rankings will drastically change every week for while but right now its Miracle, Zoo and Handlock at the top

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
I disagree fully, it is a very consistent deck, which makes it very good for leveling ladder. Reynad is looking like he will get top 16 this season with zoo, so its definitely viable at the highest rank too.

All ranks are rife with zoo, definitely the most popular competitive deck. I assure you rank 5-1 is filled with it as well.
I disagree, i'm currently rank 2 and while i see more ZOO now its because Nax cards added yesterday are good for it. Other then that i was legend rank 78 in season 2 and legend rank in season 3, probably gonna make it to legend in this season too and ZOO was like extinct there (saw it maybe several times). Reynad is a great player with most of the decks. ZOO is good but it's not the most consistent for sure.

Once again to be clear - while ZOO is a good deck and i see it quite often while going throu lower (20 to lets say 5-6) ranks its nowhere near as popular in legend rank, where people mostly play Miracle Rogue, Ramp Druid (Coin variation also), Hand lock Warlock atm.

bro, zoo is hands down in the top 3 atm. the egg and spiders make the deck sooo much stronger against everything. of course the rankings will drastically change every week for while but right now its Miracle, Zoo and Handlock at the top
Bro, i stil wreck most ZOO deck (with eggs now) players with my aggro hunter deck. :) And please show me how in the hell ZOO is gonna beat Ramp Druid other then really bad rng on Druid part. It's good not the best.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I disagree, i'm currently rank 2 and while i see more ZOO now its because Nax cards added yesterday are good for it. Other then that i was legend rank 78 in season 2 and legend rank in season 3, probably gonna make it to legend in this season too and ZOO was like extinct there (saw it maybe several times). Reynad is a great player with most of the decks. ZOO is good but it's not the most consistent for sure.

Once again to be clear - while ZOO is a good deck and i see it quite often while going throu lower (20 to lets say 5-6) ranks its nowhere near as popular in legend rank, where people mostly play Miracle Rogue, Ramp Druid (Coin variation also), Hand lock Warlock atm.

Bro, i stil wreck most ZOO deck (with eggs now) players with my aggro hunter deck. :) And please show me how in the hell ZOO is gonna beat Ramp Druid other then really bad rng on Druid part. It's good not the best.
Now TYM has downplaying in HS too. :p

I dont think youll find much sympathy for playing zoo on ladder

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
for those saying zoo isn't braindead, lol.
Zoo bot reached rank 4. Since teching I could care less about zoo, but this is pretty hilarious.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Now TYM has downplaying in HS too. :p

I dont think youll find much sympathy for playing zoo on ladder
Nah, no downplaying here. Thou i assume when the rest of Nax cards gonna be avaible ZOO and many other aggro decks (including my) gonna be hit hard, since many new cards are anti-aggro. I guess silence gonna be the new-old god again. :)

for those saying zoo isn't braindead, lol.
Zoo bot reached rank 4. Since teching I could care less about zoo, but this is pretty hilarious.
Everybody knows that ZOO is very easy to play, really nothing shocking.

ramp druid only gets the sure win after a turn 2 wild growth, otherwise it can go either way although it is probably in the ramp druids favour. But regardless of that, currently miracle is the best and decks that do good against miracle are handlock, shaman and new and improved zoo. zoo also does well against handlock and shaman making it a dominant class in the current meta. druid on the other hand currently struggles against handlock miracle and shaman which is why its not as good atm.

Immortal

Blind justice....
ramp druid only gets the sure win after a turn 2 wild growth, otherwise it can go either way although it is probably in the ramp druids favour. But regardless of that, currently miracle is the best and decks that do good against miracle are handlock, shaman and new and improved zoo. zoo also does well against handlock and shaman making it a dominant class in the current meta. druid on the other hand currently struggles against handlock miracle and shaman which is why its not as good atm.
In my experience hunter aggro does very well against miracle rogue. At worst it's even MU but more likely it's in hunter favor. And say what you want, zoo does not very well in legend rank players in current meta (minus this spike with this new Nax cards), talked about that with Trump and many other legend players, we all agree its good but not that great.