What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well I play magic, but I play standard. In standard I play mono black devotion... There is no real counterpart to that deck that exists in hearthstone.
I mean if you had to give a counterpart to mono black devotion then i guess you could say that it would pair well with handlock.
both decks tap their health to get a head in card advantage, while playing big threat minions and have some of the best removal.

but what format of magic do you play ?
Haven't heard that deck since I ran Mindstab Thrull. Black Devotion is the entire reason I started to run my Megrim/Liliana's Embrace deck in the first place.
Classic, potent, and fun as hell to mill off into oblivion with plenty of fuel for the fire. Good times.

What deck do you run now?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Well I play magic, but I play standard. In standard I play mono black devotion... There is no real counterpart to that deck that exists in hearthstone.
I mean if you had to give a counterpart to mono black devotion then i guess you could say that it would pair well with handlock.
both decks tap their health to get a head in card advantage, while playing big threat minions and have some of the best removal.

but what format of magic do you play ?
To answer your question, it depends on which black/blue you're going for.
I should've clarified. I've only played Magic as a video game via the downloadable Duels of the Planeswalker series (2013 and 2014). I liked the format in paying a flat price for a core set of determined decks with the option of buying expansion hybrid decks. You had access to every card in that deck simply by playing and leveling up your character.

To that end, the decks I was familiar with were:

Black - Liliana Vess's Obedient Dead - 2013
Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis's Exalted Darkness - 2013
Liliana's "Deadwalkers" Deck - 2014

Blue - Jace Beleren's Dream Puppets - 2013
Jace's "Mind Maze" Deck - 2014

zaf

professor
Haven't heard that deck since I ran Mindstab Thrull. Black Devotion is the entire reason I started to run my Megrim/Liliana's Embrace deck in the first place.
Classic, potent, and fun as hell to mill off into oblivion with plenty of fuel for the fire. Good times.

What deck do you run now?
what do you mean, which deck do i run now? i just said i run mono black devotion lol

I should've clarified. I've only played Magic as a video game via the downloadable Duels of the Planeswalker series (2013 and 2014). I liked the format in paying a flat price for a core set of determined decks with the option of buying expansion hybrid decks. You had access to every card in that deck simply by playing and leveling up your character.

Black - Liliana Vess's Obedient Dead - 2013
Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis's Exalted Darkness - 2013
Liliana's "Deadwalkers" Deck - 2014

Haven't played the online games so im not sure what cards are available as a whole.
the best bet is to just try out all the classes in hearthstone and see what you like the best.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
any1 know how good aggro paladin is?
I seem to do better than control paladin, control is suppose to be the to go so idk
if warlocks show up, then counter them.
if you see handlocks, then play face hunter
if you see zoo then play tempo rogue or a taunt heavy ramp druid.
am trying to see how far I get with my aggro paladin, but this is so stupid l0l

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Black - Liliana Vess's Obedient Dead - 2013 - I can make you a deck with a similar function although it won't be exactly the same. It won't be usable for 3 weeks until Kel'Thuzad comes out.

Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis's Exalted Darkness - 2013 - I could make you a somewhat similar deck but it won't be per se perfect until the Gargoyle comes out. Most druids can make a similar deck normally by using Power of the Wild and Mark of the Wild to give +1 and +2 effects, as well as giving the benefit of blocking.

Liliana's "Deadwalkers" Deck - 2014 - As above, theres not much I can do for this one because once cards go, they're gone. Only exception is Kel.

v- Not much you can do on this one, but there is a druid mill deck in the works that follows a similar process of both players drawing and some play over milling out the opponent's deck while maintaining field control.

Closest thing I can think of is a thief priest (steal cards) and maybe a build around silence (mass dispel, etc) and low-cost high value creatures using cards like Inner Fire, Lightspawn, and the like.
Whats listed in the quote are my opinions on them.

what do you mean, which deck do i run now? i just said i run mono black devotion lol
In HS.

zaf

professor
Its a shame more people don't make custom decks. :(
well my zoo deck has the core cards but i have my own selections in there. same for my handlock and face hunter.

the rest of the decks are pretty much polished, like ramp and miracle so its hard to really make it a custom deck....

as for custom decks in general, you can make them as long as you know how to counter the current meta but with such a small card base the deck you would create would end up being similar to an already used good deck, maybe off by a few cards.

you cant expect so much with such a small card base.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
well my zoo deck has the core cards but i have my own selections in there. same for my handlock and face hunter.

the rest of the decks are pretty much polished, like ramp and miracle so its hard to really make it a custom deck....

as for custom decks in general, you can make them as long as you know how to counter the current meta but with such a small card base the deck you would create would end up being similar to an already used good deck, maybe off by a few cards.

you cant expect so much with such a small card base.
Yeah I guess, I dunno.

Like everyone is all like "omg starfall + poison seeds = free clear lolololol" and I'm just like "Abomination + poison seeds does the same thing and you can set it up the turn before if you're smart about it"

Last edited:

zaf

professor
Best decks in the game.. I don't have the budget for most of them. ;-;
yea man, most people will agree that top 3 vanilla HS decks are miracle, handlock and control warrior
the decks are not at all that hard to get... you just need to play.
best budget deck is 100% zoo

Yeah I guess, I dunno.

Like everyone is all like "omg starfall + poison seeds = free clear lolololol" and I'm just like "Abomination + poison seeds does the same thing and you can set it up the turn before if you're smart about it"
well even abomination and poison seeds is kinda meh
too expensive to clear the board and generally thats not what druid hopes to accomplish

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
too expensive to clear the board and generally thats not what druid hopes to accomplish
Doesn't work anyways lol. Abom pops before the trees come.
P: Meh.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
yea man, most people will agree that top 3 vanilla HS decks are miracle, handlock and control warrior
the decks are not at all that hard to get... you just need to play.
best budget deck is 100% zoo

Yep.
I know.. I made a zoo deck awhile ago, but I just got so bored of it and thought there wasn't any point to me playing if I wasn't having fun, so I sold all of the cards in it to craft Antonidas. :/

Now I'm using DuckWingFACE's mage deck which I really like, and am also experimenting with a naxx tempo rogue deck, because I find them fun to use, I know how to play them and find they do pretty well.

zaf

professor
Yep.
I know.. I made a zoo deck awhile ago, but I just got so bored of it and thought there wasn't any point to me playing if I wasn't having fun, so I sold all of the cards in it to craft Antonidas. :/

Now I'm using DuckWingFACE's mage deck which I really like, and am also experimenting with a naxx tempo rogue deck, because I find them fun to use, I know how to play them and find they do pretty well.
omg zoo is so fun

zaf

professor
Lies!

I have been tempted to try it with some of the new naxx cards, though.
it is a lot of fun, it is more complex then most people give the deck credit for.
it just seems brainless because it is so easy to stay on the mana curve while the creatures are also super efficient

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Warsong + spiders is stupid good.
Turns them from a 2 1/2 into a 2 3/4 with all the benefits frothing beserker and armorsmith give.
I really want rivendale in this deck I just made.
Wow, that's pretty cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with when the rest of Naxx is released!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wow, that's pretty cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with when the rest of Naxx is released!
I hit OTK status yesterday.
Had out a spider and a golem the turn before, and then summoned

Warsong Commander, 2 frothing beserkers, and then played a coin for the 2nd spider.
Made the spiders ram into his taunt, giving each beserker 12 boosts, then the golem for another 4.
Slammed him for 18 a piece with charge.