What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

In my experience hunter aggro does very well against miracle rogue. At worst it's even MU but more likely it's in hunter favor. And say what you want, zoo does not very well in legend rank players in current meta (minus this spike with this new Nax cards), talked about that with Trump and many other legend players, we all agree its good but not that great.

what zoo deck are you talking about? pre nax i'd agree that zoo wasn't good for climbing high legend but i don't think thats the case anymore. naxx is only been out a day and zoo has come a long way, yesterday it was just eggs and spiders and today void terrors are being used well. zoo is definitely a consistently strong deck

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
what zoo deck are you talking about? pre nax i'd agree that zoo wasn't good for climbing high legend but i don't think thats the case anymore. naxx is only been out a day and zoo has come a long way, yesterday it was just eggs and spiders and today void terrors are being used well. zoo is definitely a consistently strong deck
Indeed, lol. Im rank 2 and scared to play against these new zoo. I already got legend in s1 so I dont care too much, just kind of want to hit it for the hell of it again after taking a break.

I play aggro hunter and I would say the post naxx zoo beats aggro hunter. Before that it was likely even since the UTH nerf. Hunter dropped off so hard since I last played, ive only ran into one other once since rank 5, heh. Zoo is like 50% of matches now so i might have to wait for the meta to shift before grinding again

Immortal

Blind justice....
Man i hate to repeat myself but...

...and while i see more ZOO now its because Nax cards added yesterday are good for it.
Obviously we were talking about ZOO pre Nax. With Nax it's a different story, however keep in mind that many anti-aggro cards are waiting in line with next wings of Nax. It's pretty safe to say that playing with aggro decks gonna get way tougher when all Nax cards gonna be available.

@GGA Dizzy - i still think its an even MU (zoo vs aggro hunter) at worst (for the hunter). I've played almost half of a day today, didn't count all Zoo matches but still my win ratio was for sure above 60% (and i play aggro hunter).

anyone found a good use for poison seeds? been testing and it feels pretty useless, most games it just sits in my hand waiting for an oppertunity that never comes -_-

@Doombawkz geuss what card is becoming popular IN miracle rouge

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
anyone found a good use for poison seeds? been testing and it feels pretty useless, most games it just sits in my hand waiting for an oppertunity that never comes -_-

Yes. Good for clearing bit threats like Ragnaros on the enemies side of the board, and mainly good for activating multiple deathrattles at once, with things like nerubian eggs on board.

Yes. Good for clearing bit threats like Ragnaros on the enemies side of the board, and mainly good for activating multiple deathrattles at once, with things like nerubian eggs on board.
yeah but its seems way too situational to be worth a spot. you have to not have anything out that you dont mind destroying, oppenent needs to not have any good deathrattles in play. both those things are asking allot and even if a good board for it does present itself you still need to deal with the 2-2s it leaves. seems very inefficient by itself

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
yeah but its seems way too situational to be worth a spot. you have to not have anything out that you dont mind destroying, oppenent needs to not have any good deathrattles in play. both those things are asking allot and even if a good board for it does present itself you still need to deal with the 2-2s it leaves. seems very inefficient by itself
Turning a 0/2 egg into a 2/2 and a 4/4 seems pretty good.
Most of the time your opponent won't be using many deathrattle cards, and if they are handle them first. It is situational, so I'd only recommend using one and only in a more naxx/deathrattle druid deck.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I have 2k dust idk what to do with it
I wanna craft something, but every time I do I get what i crafted in my next pack l0l

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
neru'bar weblord. Its being used to counter zoo, but its has perks against everything except druid
Doesn't do well against hunter since most of the things in those decks don't have a battle cry. Though that's cool, I guess.
I just want next week to get here already. I want those cards... ALL OF THEM D:<

Doesn't do well against hunter since most of the things in those decks don't have a battle cry. Though that's cool, I guess.
I just want next week to get here already. I want those cards... ALL OF THEM D:<
true but hunters are a minority and pretty much a auto loss for miracle anyway. and same, i hope we get priest and hunter challenges next along with echoing ooze. ooze is sooooo good

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
true but hunters are a minority and pretty much a auto loss for miracle anyway. and same, i hope we get priest and hunter challenges next along with echoing ooze. ooze is sooooo good
It's not that great IMO. Not unless you like... Are rocking kings and argus. Then maybe...

Hunter is a minority but that's a bit depressing. I like my hunter deck, makes good use of the spiders

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So I'm starting to enjoy the game more and was wondering if you guys could share some knowledge my way.

1. How viable is Warrior that isn't a Control Warrior?

2. I'm still trying to piece together even the most basic Neutral/Class commons but I refuse to disenchant anything that isn't an extra card. Is this going to hold me back?

3. Should I try for ranked before I can access Legendary/Epic crafted cards?

4. For anyone that plays Magic: The Gathering, is there anything comparable to Blue or Black decks?

5. After completing the 1st wing in the expansion content on heroic, are we supposed to gain access to new card backs?

Thanks for any and all help. I really want Priest to be viable but I'd prefer a Horde Priest. Anduin is such a dork.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So I'm starting to enjoy the game more and was wondering if you guys could share some knowledge my way.

2. I'm still trying to piece together even the most basic Neutral/Class commons but I refuse to disenchant anything that isn't an extra card. Is this going to hold me back?

4. For anyone that plays Magic: The Gathering, is there anything comparable to Blue or Black decks?

5. After completing the 1st wing in the expansion content on heroic, are we supposed to gain access to new card backs?

Thanks for any and all help. I really want Priest to be viable but I'd prefer a Horde Priest. Anduin is such a dork.
1. Aggro warrior is ok. Its not as good as aggro hunter or backspace rogue overall. It loses harder to most control decks than other aggro decks imo.

2. Will just take you longer. You can still play zoo if you want to be really competitive while waiting for cards

3. Yes, without a doubt. Several competitibe aggro and midrange decks use no epics/legendaries or just one. If you want to play control youll probably have a bad time though.

4. Black aggro would be like murloc warlock I suppose lol. Mage is similar to blue in that it has counterspells. The color components are kind of spread around.

5. No, there is no reward for playing the heroics until you clear every boss on heroic in naxx then you get a card back.

In addition to what dizzy said, I highly recommend playing arenas when you can. Its the best way to get cards and learn the game. heres a arena tier list for drafting cards http://www.liquidhearth.com/guides/arena-tier-list its got rankings for all the cards in most classes and gives you a description of all the class cards at the bottom.

And theres some good budget decks for climbing the ranked ladder on this site http://www.massan.org/

hope that helps.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Thanks for the info @GGA Dizzy. Looks like I'm going to have to join the Zoo army until I get some better cards. I really don't want to though lol and it's disheartening to have to approach it this way. Grinding out for resources (which means dumping substantial hours into the game) JUST for the sheer purpose of being able to play the game (which I'm already ACTIVELY DOING) is the type of MMO lab rat, Skinner box, type of game design that makes me want to vomit all over MMO's and TTCG's. Hearthstone's core mechanics are super fun and accessible but this disenchant system can suck my dick. I'd rather pay a flat $$$ price tag and have access to what cards I need to actually enjoy playing.

There's an actual old episode of South Park involving WoW that illustrates how it (and other similar games) blatantly use behavioral modification shaping design to keep you dumping insane hours into the game. Of course since it's South Park it addresses this phenomenon with humor but, if you pay attention to the underlying message of the episode, it's a pretty significant insight.

@Jdizzle31 Thanks for the links and yeah I figured out that the recipe rotation to free to play is to:
  • Daily Quest until enough Gold to head into the Arena
  • Try and get some consecutive wins (I guess it pays for itself at 7 wins? Regardless at 4 wins I got 60 Gold, a Card Pack, and 40 Dust. Much more value than simply spending 100g for a pack in the store)
  • Earn your RNG packs/dust/gold rewards
  • Disenchant doubles from packs (if any) or nuke cards from other classes (terrible idea imho...the value exchange ratio is not worth it unless you're absolutely positive you won't be playing certain classes)
  • Then rinse and repeat
I've spent $23 real world cash and I'm stopping there.

zaf

professor

it is good for going up against a handlock
when you get them low enough and they taunt up 1 or 2 molten giants, seeds will take care of that.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

To answer your question, it depends on which black/blue you're going for.

I personally play a black vampire/zombie deck based around sacrifice (Undying benefits, Butcher of Malakir, Harvester of Souls, Anowan the ruin sage, etc), and my hunter deck reflects that kind of playstyle (expend the hounds, using cards like Cult leader and Flesheating ghoul alongside the hyenas and expendable "unleash the hounds"). They achieve different results: the magic deck revolves around constant control and slow leeching, while the hunter deck focuses on a huge ramp up and combo-based finish, but they follow the same premise.

Other black decks that come to mind are the Lilana's Embrace/Megrim decks (mill and abuse) and infect, and for the first one theres may become something to that sort coming soon with druid, while the other one is a bit more unique and really not replicated in HS.

As for blue, pretty much secret mage deck fits the bill of at least half of all blue decks, with the other set (evolve/island walker and relic smash) not really existing as of yet. Evolve may come into some kind of a way with undertaker and a deathrattle deck, and shade/grull, but otherwise theres really not much to match it.

zaf

professor
Well I play magic, but I play standard. In standard I play mono black devotion... There is no real counterpart to that deck that exists in hearthstone.
I mean if you had to give a counterpart to mono black devotion then i guess you could say that it would pair well with handlock.
both decks tap their health to get a head in card advantage, while playing big threat minions and have some of the best removal.

but what format of magic do you play ?

zaf

professor
I was having so much fun with my aggro paladin., but them the warlocks showed up :(
I hate them all
if warlocks show up, then counter them.
if you see handlocks, then play face hunter
if you see zoo then play tempo rogue or a taunt heavy ramp druid.