What's new

Havik General Discussion

bmoee1

Noob
Idk if someone mentioned this, but Havik has a hidden move… you can input a short version of his corpse roll and covert much easier midscreen.

the input is bf2-b.

Last edited:
I'm still in the lab with it as a concept, but Havik might have some absolute stupid shit with Jax unblockable setups.

DB1 can be timed such that you armor through the unblockable as it would hit you, but it combos against the opponent as it hits them.

Last edited:
I'm still in the lab with it as a concept, but Havik might have some absolute stupid shit with Jax unblockable setups.

BF1 can be timed such that you armor through the unblockable as it would hit you, but it combos against the opponent as it hits them.
Do you mean DB1? That sounds pretty dirty actually if it can work.

Anyone else been using Stryker with Havik? It feels very strong. Besides the numerous mix points on his strings, grenades armor breaking wakeup attacks makes tether setups so much stronger. I also start so many combos from people trying to counterpoke after a blocked string only to eat a nade.

bmoee1

Noob
I like strykers mix game, and his oki but we remain plus off 21, 112, and f122. We can do so much with plus 3, I don’t think I’d ever call Stryker in on those strings, as we already have the advantage.

If they are mashing Off 21, f122 or 112, You can d1, empty jump in, or back dash into far reaching b2, f122 or use bf1, which is lowkey annoying for our opponent to deal with. 21 is my fav tool mid block pressure.

I like to get b224 going, as I can get a combo off that with cyrax. Once they are condition to block, I can start mixing my other strings/stagger and shimmy.

They can use armour in spots to play back at us, but we are smart enough to adjust.

Cyrax corner carry tether setup, is just too strong for me to switch up right now.lol

Last edited:
I like strykers mix game, and his oki but we remain plus off 21, 112, and f122. We can do so much with plus 3, I don’t think I’d ever call Stryker in on those strings, as we already have the advantage.

If they are mashing Off 21, f122 or 112, You can d1, empty jump in, or back dash into far reaching b2, f122 or use bf1, which is lowkey annoying for our opponent to deal with. 21 is my fav tool mid block pressure.

I like to get b224 going, as I can get a combo off that with cyrax. Once they are condition to block, I can start mixing my other strings/stagger and shimmy.

They can use armour in spots to play back at us, but we are smart enough to adjust.

Cyrax corner carry tether setup, is just too strong for me to switch up right now.lol
The main strength of Stryker is his grenades. The mix is always nice to make people reconsider flawless blocking 112 or up block on F122, F4 overhead is also good to keep them on their toes. But the nades make it very scary to try and counter poke. I start so many combos doing like F43 into nades. Since they hit mid they catch pokes, and cover jumps. The hit stun on them is also very forgiving. Cyrax is probably better but I think Stryker might be his top 3 best kameos.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Have any of you faced a good johnny that can parry our arm on reaction for full combo punish? Its very hard to deal with to the point i think the matchup is almost insurmountable. Not being able to armor out at all against his corner pressure leaves us hamstrung. Any ideas on how to punish the parry with a kameo while using arm?

REYTHEGREAT

i am currently having lots of fun with Stryker. Those grenades can be a pain for the opponent when you mix them in with your strings or projectiles

Have any of you faced a good johnny that can parry our arm on reaction for full combo punish? Its very hard to deal with to the point i think the matchup is almost insurmountable. Not being able to armor out at all against his corner pressure leaves us hamstrung. Any ideas on how to punish the parry with a kameo while using arm?
technically, everyone can flawless block and punish helping hand with the right timing. so i would be surprised if this johnny parry breaks a matchup.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
technically, everyone can flawless block and punish helping hand with the right timing. so i would be surprised if this johnny parry breaks a matchup.
Have you played a very high level johnny who can do this? It very much breaks the matchup.
Cyrax heli can give us plus frames after helping hand is blocked so flawless blocking it is not the same at all. Cyrax does nothing to help johnny parrying it.

Specifically looking for a kameo punish for this will post results after labbing.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Looks like holding kano ball can prevent johnny from punishing after parrying the arm, as well as neutral goro kameo.

Have you played a very high level johnny who can do this? It very much breaks the matchup.
Cyrax heli can give us plus frames after helping hand is blocked so flawless blocking it is not the same at all. Cyrax does nothing to help johnny parrying it.

Specifically looking for a kameo punish for this will post results after labbing.
i dont play cyrax, so i wouldnt know

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Swap it for bf3 if theyre scouting it has to be a hard read , he makes the same grunt sound so it can catch them

I’m getting close to level 35 on Havik, and my only real complaint about him is that I wish his D4 was more plus on hit. Not having a fast mid is ok if I could start my offense after D4, which is a good button, but it only being +9 makes it a pain against people who mash/jump after getting tagged by it. Your options are spam D4 until they hopefully block, or F4, which isn’t hit confirmable and they can still jump out of it I believe. B2 will lose to someone mashing and everything else is a high that won’t jail. Shao and Havik are the only characters that have D4’s that are less than +14 on hit.

bmoee1

Noob
Idk if optimal, but I use his d4 to reset neutral and see how they react… I typically shimmy once I connect d4, and I will usually call neoplasm bf1 ( they aren’t prepared the first time) and make the read for my next d4.

If they walk back, I know I can start pushing my offense after I connect the next time. If they mash, I like to do a shimmy game to get them to make a mistake, but I will push advantage if I know they don’t mash. B2 doesn’t have many active frames and I think nrs did this on purpose.

Havik doesn’t have great neutral but has good buttons. We don’t have to be right next to our opponent for some of our high starters to connect into plus frames… I like to walk them down to the corner and go crazy.lol

Last edited:
I’m getting close to level 35 on Havik, and my only real complaint about him is that I wish his D4 was more plus on hit. Not having a fast mid is ok if I could start my offense after D4, which is a good button, but it only being +9 makes it a pain against people who mash/jump after getting tagged by it. Your options are spam D4 until they hopefully block, or F4, which isn’t hit confirmable and they can still jump out of it I believe. B2 will lose to someone mashing and everything else is a high that won’t jail. Shao and Havik are the only characters that have D4’s that are less than +14 on hit.
b4 is your tool of choice here, even catches jumping

and if the opponent gets too predictable, you can always cancel d4 into special.

Been running Havik/Darrius and the synergy is good.

Darius allows komboing off the b22 grab, and f13 (which is great because as far as I can tell, f13 mixes with standing 22. It's just too hard to distinguish 1 from 2). The spinny kick is good chip, and b224 kombos into Darrius kameo for a 50/50 reset.

BUT

Darrius takes so long to charge. You're pretty much on your own for alot of the match. You have to try to play lame woth ectoplasm and b4 to slow the match down

Last edited:
Been running Havik/Darrius and the synergy is good.

Darius allows komboing off the b22 grab, and f13 (which is great because as far as I can tell, f13 mixes with standing 22. It's just too hard to distinguish 1 from 2). The spinny kick is good chip, and b224 kombos into Darrius kameo for a 50/50 reset.

BUT

Darrius takes so long to charge. You're pretty much on your own for alot of the match. You have to try to play lame woth ectoplasm and b4 to slow the match down
yes darrius is all about getting that one hard to block setup, except when you are reiko. but those are just too situational. setting them up between delayed and armored wakeup options is hardly worth a full kameo bar.

bmoee1

Noob
The main strength of Stryker is his grenades. The mix is always nice to make people reconsider flawless blocking 112 or up block on F122, F4 overhead is also good to keep them on their toes. But the nades make it very scary to try and counter poke. I start so many combos doing like F43 into nades. Since they hit mid they catch pokes, and cover jumps. The hit stun on them is also very forgiving. Cyrax is probably better but I think Stryker might be his top 3 best kameos.
Took me a while to get Stryker optimals down, but It’s nice to have a his grenades in neutral. I love that he can check their pokes with grenades and get us a full combo.

I get my opponents to the corner pretty easily now. Very fun team. Hopefully tremor can add some more spice.

Can anyone record themselves comboing with scorpion kameo from back throw? I can't seem to pull it off or at best I get a 40 damage increase

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Thinking of picking Havik up, I don't know anything about the character other than what I've skimmed through on here. It seems Kano and Stryker are the best cameo options at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Thinking of picking Havik up, I don't know anything about the character other than what I've skimmed through on here. It seems Kano and Stryker are the best cameo options at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions on that?
Stryker is your best option, go take a look at quan cheesys videos in the combo thread for his BNB’s

bmoee1

Noob
sub zero is also a good kameo to pick up as you learn the character. his optimal combos can do pretty good damage aswell.