What's new

Havik General Discussion

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Lads should i make a thread on how to kounter certain stategies against us and brainstorm solutions? Put in a fighter plus kameo , let us know what the strategy is thats beating u , and the haviks can see what tech weve come up with .. i feel something like that needs its own thread
I think this is great idea and can maybe also be a matchup discussion/tech thread?

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Reiko is definitely unique in a few aspects man lol. Best projectile in the game, unduckable ex command grab into big combos.
I was just saying weve seen good projectiles and unduckable command grabs in NRS games before. Hes unique for being an All-Rounder, but nothing new is brought to the table

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I really don't think he has major balance issues the larger HP pool goes a long way and his tools have enough upside. I think he bullies up close, his great d4 keeps him poking, his health balances out his slower projectiles which are pretty good when you get them going. A great armor move. Kameos help patch up the holes. You have to play kind of lame sometimes but he has this explosive potential and I like pressing buttons with him.

But I agree there's a level of frustration that comes with him, not in his animations or characterization in my view but in his hit reactions and the way his kit gels together. He reminds me of Rambo from MK11, where stuff seems tougher to land than you would want, certain moves have these janky hit reactions, some inconsistencies across characters. Given that he was the 'secret' unlockable character, I wonder if he was actually gonna be the boss or something and was a late addition to the roster, and came out unpolished partly because of it, but that's just a mk theory. Again I think he's quite fun, but could use some love.

Like having better launches off of NeoPlasm and Blood Ball, better frames or recovery on S3/S4, that F13 string or his F122 having more generous ambush launches. Give him more active frames on something to meaty with.

At any rate, I've been liking Tremor with him. He can take advantage of basically every ambush Tremor has to offer, the projectiles are a nice touch as always and he lets you do cheap stuff if the opponent turtles for some reason. You could just go with the armor the whole time, you can setup the overhead/low kind of off screen after a BNB into DB4 knockdown, you can do a ton of chip and be safe of EX DB4, combo into life thread from the B22~throw, make anything safe basically. (Does he have a back throw combo?) Even the simple variation switch is a nice way for Havik to get his projectiles going. Typical Tremor stuff but he just feels useful for Havik, you can really just turn your brain off just ambush into the next thing. You also get that extra 100 HP, those long Tremor cooldowns wont feel as bad when you have a 1200 HP to turtle around with.

Last edited:
Havik/jax has been my go to but I gotta say, as much as I like being a juggernaut I don’t feel like I notice the 1200 health very much. I still feel like patient players with long pokes eat me alive. Not sure a tremor ambush mix up for small damage would make up for the long wait to get another tremor ambush attack…but then again I don’t know diddly (apology for the bad language) about havik/tremor.

I still feel like havik’s biggest issue is opening people up without Stryker or Kano.

I also feel like havik will be the mk11 Baraka of mk1. As long as he has EXbf2 to pile on (hella scaled) big damage after his bnb’s nrs will be afraid to buff him.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Havik/jax has been my go to but I gotta say, as much as I like being a juggernaut I don’t feel like I notice the 1200 health very much. I still feel like patient players with long pokes eat me alive. Not sure a tremor ambush mix up for small damage would make up for the long wait to get another tremor ambush attack…but then again I don’t know diddly (apology for the bad language) about havik/tremor.

I still feel like havik’s biggest issue is opening people up without Stryker or Kano.

I also feel like havik will be the mk11 Baraka of mk1. As long as he has EXbf2 to pile on (hella scaled) big damage after his bnb’s nrs will be afraid to buff him.
I messed around with jax a bit too, he gets more meterless dmg (35%~) into air 123 ender for better hit adv and positioning. I was using ground pound on oki after back throws and certain enders and you can either arm if they are close enough or jump 212 if they try and jump to escape into 20-30% combo. Also d4xxdk to check people.

1200 health doesn’t hurt at all and you can take more risks/force more ground pound chaos. Lastly having a possible 23%~ forward throw is bananas and a mixup in its own right. If you can condition people to up block jumpins you can get a gnarly throw punish for like 35% or something crazy.

What are your reasons for picking jax?

Seeing Reptile get new moves in the Ermac trailer gives me hope Havik gets something new, too, or at least a reworking of existing specials. I'd like to see bf3 offering something that was more different than bf1 and bf2 enhanced should probably not cost 2 bars. Also fixing some hitbox inconsistencies would be cool.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Definitely sad to see no buffs but hey at least raiden and pm got nerfed, havik gotta be next on the list to get some new moves or slight buffs!

Pretty sure you can Cyrax vertical helicopter off Havik command grab.
You'd still need a Kameo lol, plus by opting for Cyrax you're trading his normals, which are already subpar, for damage. The only advantage it has is the fact that it's mid, but since it's so slow, a D4 can easily stuff it.

You'd still need a Kameo lol, plus by opting for Cyrax you're trading his normals, which are already subpar, for damage. The only advantage it has is the fact that it's mid, but since it's so slow, a D4 can easily stuff it.
Apologies, I thought PM also needed a kameo to combo off his command grab, like Reiko for example. Yes, our boy never catches a break it seems.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I understand Havik is currently regarded as the worst in the game but JESUS am I free to his pressure. I'd rather face 10 liu kangs than a single Havik. The staggers just completely shut me off, and I ALWAYS guess wrong in the low/grab string.