What's new

Havik General Discussion

While I still think I prefer Kung Lao for my main kameo, I've been switching to Sub Zero alot in matches where the Kung Lao kameo isn't the better option- pretty much anytime I need ice armor, and canceling bf3 into teleport isn't cutting it. Scorpion and teleports are big ones.

It's helping alot with my Kombat League setplay. Both kameos kinda work the same too. But low hat is extra stupid with Havik imo. I feel like Johnny Cage players feel on offense

does anyone else play havik/frost? i feel like everytime i connect a freeze, the game starts to massively stutter. not just online, but sometimes even in training.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
So i feel i may have stumbled upon some new havik sauce , got pissed off in kl last night and decided to go lao just so i could use armour after armour against infinite chip i went most of the screen just alternating helping hand and laos spin , it was quite effective lol gonna have to actually lab him now , has anyone been using this team on here ?
Edit/ @Tony at Home just seen your post any broke shit youve found?

So i feel i may have stumbled upon some new havik sauce , got pissed off in kl last night and decided to go lao just so i could use armour after armour against infinite chip i went most of the screen just alternating helping hand and laos spin , it was quite effective lol gonna have to actually lab him now , has anyone been using this team on here ?
Edit/ @Tony at Home just seen your post any broke shit youve found?
ive often thought that lao is one of the best fits. he has the armored reversal spin that covers haviks armor weakness, low hat for a little mix and to get haviks projectiles started, teleport to continue with a jip after bf1. i think i just dont play the because them personality combination is so awkward :laughing:

bnb is 11fk, bf1, jf212, f122. i'm not 100% if the ender is correct.

fr stack

ive often thought that lao is one of the best fits. he has the armored reversal spin that covers haviks armor weakness, low hat for a little mix and to get haviks projectiles started, teleport to continue with a jip after bf1. i think i just dont play the because them personality combination is so awkward :laughing:

bnb is 11fk, bf1, jf212, f122. i'm not 100% if the ender is correct.
If you time it right you can get 22 low hat db1 as a starter it should work off his other normals too but ive only really started messing with him so dont even have a bnb yet lol , been trying out spin as the armoured starter and gets about 25 with tether so if done right 45% armoured reversal , sounds preetty good

My big gimmick Lao is that from a dash back from starting distance, bf3 projectile into teleport assist with a jump attack will actually jail. The armor from the teleport will often beat out a projectile they're sending out to stop you from doing bf3. If the distance isn't far enough, it won't jail and you can get easily armored, BUT you can bait it just by not holding teleport into the jump attack and alot of people will take that bait because it's really no fun being -8 against Havik.

My BnB with Lao is off either <starter string>, bf1, microdash, b2 xx fk, 212, f43. For b22 as a starter string, I often have to replace the following b2 with f1 because it's really hard to combo into FK in that case. It's not alot of damage but it gets the job done.

Just the mix level with Lao is nuts because we have 2 good mid-string overheads, and confirming b22 into low hat on block is ridiculously oppressive. After Cyrax spin, low hat could be argued to be one of the best single kameo moves in the game.

I still think Sub Zero is a super necessary kameo if you're playing against someone who can zone you out hard. It's nice being able to have both on deck for Kombat League

I was dumb for not using 21 for such a long time. +6 on block is crazy. Guarantees b4 against most of the cast. Then pushback on b4 is huge so it pretty much resets neutral- but at the same time leaving the opponent in Havik's crazy d4 range.

This character slaps

I've yet to use the 22 low hat bf1 combo in a real game but I've got it down well in practice mode

Yea, I'm gonna use Sub-Zero next time I face a Rain/Sub-Zero in Kombat League. Was using Kung Lao, then switched to Stryker.. his handcuffs do force the Rain player to play more cautiously fullscreen but I was unable to rebound unfortunately.

fr stack

Yea, I'm gonna use Sub-Zero next time I face a Rain/Sub-Zero in Kombat League. Was using Kung Lao, then switched to Stryker.. his handcuffs do force the Rain player to play more cautiously fullscreen but I was unable to rebound unfortunately.
Sub makes rain into a slow ass baby

After playing a set, I actually think Kameo Sektor is a better pick against a Kameo Sub. Cyberport forces them to play more cautiously, plus we can connect from our roll. We still have to come to Rain with Kameo Sub since he still has his Bubble, but Sektor forces the Rain player to come to us.

I was messing around with setups I can do after the unblockable. My thinking is things scale really hard after the unblockable. If I can go for a 50/50 into an unscaled combo, that might be better in certain cases.

So here's what I got- this is with Lao as a kameo, and requires full kameo bar available.

Here's an example I set up in practice, having the dummy do it against me

After the neck snap, instantly call and hold low hat, dash forward, f1**, then 22 into bf1. The hat will sometimes hit first or after the overhead creating a true 50/50. Everything jails here, the opponent cannot get out of this.

The timing isn't especially strict but you can't be further than a quick dash into f1 away when the unblockable crumples the opponent, else you can't do the 22 fast enough to have the overhead hit first

You are then looking at a standard Havik 295ish damage combo on top of the 45 damage from the neck snap into f1 for the standing reset. So that's 340 off the unblockable instead of low 200s. BUT you're risking getting no damage at all and being -5 on block.

**f1 is the only button after the crumple that gives you enough hit advantage to jail into 22 AND also recovers fast enough to do the 22 in time for the overhead to hit first. Other buttons like d3 and d1 don't work for this, at least I couldn't get them to.

Last edited:

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
You guys gotta try stryker. He can restand with the cuffs and introduce multiple 50-50 mixups. Plus you can stay safe with the nades AND combo off B2,2,4 if you time it

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Sorry for spamming but you can also cancel things into arm and throw low nades so you are plus to continue pressure and chip dmg. Which you can then turn into mixup/grab/more arm spam. You always have meter with stryker. Cuffs also punishes full screen spammers and gives you enough hit advantage to throw your own projectile or ex it to get back in

bmoee1

Noob
I use Sub against zoners but Cyrax kameo makes this characters offense top tier. He is a great utility for block pressure, and high damage/set ups. I also like the throw combo option that Cyrax provides, on top of being able to combo off b224.

My main gripe with Stryker or Lao, is lack of combo routes that extend off 11, f12, b22.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
I use Sub against zoners but Cyrax kameo makes this characters offense top tier. He is a great utility for block pressure, and high damage/set ups. I also like the throw combo option that Cyrax provides, on top of being able to combo off b224.

My main gripe with Stryker or Lao, is lack of combo routes that extend off 11, f12, b22.
Cyrax is great but once people get used to you its a pretty 1 dimensional offence if they know the matchup. Stryker adds alot more options for throws and mixups and is underused in general so people dont know the matchup as well.
What you lack in higher dmg combo extensions you should make up in neutral pressure and throws plus you always have meter

That being said i do miss the 28% for a projectile punish and the extra dmg from Cyrax.

bmoee1

Noob
Cyrax is great but once people get used to you its a pretty 1 dimensional offence if they know the matchup. Stryker adds alot more options for throws and mixups and is underused in general so people dont know the matchup as well.
What you lack in higher dmg combo extensions you should make up in neutral pressure and throws plus you always have meter

That being said i do miss the 28% for a projectile punish and the extra dmg from Cyrax.
Mister strange uses Havik/Kano for crazy neutral pressure, so I don’t doubt it at all. I guess I prefer the high damage combos/ random utility cyrax can provide. I’ll definitely have to take a deeper look into Stryker/Kano soon.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Mister strange uses Havik/Kano for crazy neutral pressure, so I don’t doubt it at all. I guess I prefer the high damage combos/ random utility cyrax can provide. I’ll definitely have to take a deeper look into Stryker/Kano soon.
Im back on Cyrax in Ranked. Any poke into arm into heli or B2,2,4 into heli into more stagger pressure or free grab back into neutral. And the dmg. Its hard to justify anything else unless ur counter picking. D4 anytime somebody tries to get in on you. I love this character once you get comfy.
F4,3 on opponents wakeup, 2,2ing into arm, heli or hit confirm on plus frames. The snowballing dmg and chip is amazing. Ex Arm is so oppressive when you learn gaps in strings and get plus frames from heli you literally just steal your turn back when opponents try any pressure.
Standing 1 is a good AA too. Or again ex arm at the right distance on jumpins as long as they dont cross you up, or you call cyrax and sometimes itll punish a crossup if they jump ur arm. This character is deadly once hes close to you. And if they have dont play sub kameo his zoning is money too, be careful after ex projectile. Block and then abuse them if they press buttons