What's new

Havik General Discussion

e7aaa

Noob
Just checked Jax kameo and simple b224 kf b22 throw does ~30%

kf - kameo forward

its far from max cyrax damage but brainded reliable... still can't replicate the b22 bf1 b22k... I ain't got the moves I guess

Just faced a really good Johnny Cage in KL. They were pressuring a lot with Cage's f3 which is something like +3, if I remember correctly. What can Havik really do against it? armor through with EXdb1? Try to counter-poke? It feels like he doesn't have much options.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of Cage's f1 lol. Still, his pressure was pretty overwhelming.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Just realised Cyrax's low spin doesn't connect with crouch blocking opponents which ruins his ability to stay plus on most stuff, daym.
Probably intentional but also maybe not? idk.
Might have to test out some other Kameos, I don't really wanna go crawling back to Sub-Zero after the insane damage with Mustard-bot.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Just faced a really good Johnny Cage in KL. They were pressuring a lot with Cage's f3 which is something like +3, if I remember correctly. What can Havik really do against it? armor through with EXdb1? Try to counter-poke? It feels like he doesn't have much options.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of Cage's f1 lol. Still, his pressure was pretty overwhelming.
The answer is call out their bullshit do NOT try to gain advantage with d1 use only f12 , they all try that blow up the d1 poke shit

Noticed something with havik today,he seems to have different frame data in terms of recovery on hit of his blood ball special(bf1) depending on if you are connected to the games server or playing offline.

Im playing on PC/steam so if someone on consoles(if its possible to play offline on console)can test it and see if there is a difference there aswell,others on pc also to see if it happens for you

Basically makes certain conversions impossible as well as making some combos extremly difficult to land.

2,2xxbf1,3xxbf1,2xxbf1,1xxbf2
this corner combo is kind of a tight timing but still consistent once you get the timing down,but it doesnt work once you are connected to the games server its immpossible to land,you cant get the third bf1 after standing 2 to hit,either the recovery on hit or the hit reaction itself seems to be different depending on online/offline and the combo doesnt work

22xxbf1,dash f1xxbf1,micro dash b2xxbf2
midscreen combo,the part where you are supposed to land the b2 becomes extremly tight to the point where you land it like 1 in 30 times once connected the the games server,yet offline its super easy to land.

very curious if you guys could test for yourselfs on pc and console aswell,becauee this shouldnt happen,the version of the game should be the same patch no matter if you are offline or online and there should be no differenc in the moves

I feel like Kano has a good synergy with Havik. Knives allow him to combo into db1. Ball can help with setting up neck snap (smt like air 24 into ball then snap) or just help him around with zoning. But he's gonna have some issues with zoning I guess, like Sindel or Shang is gonna give him hell. I'm looking into Motaro & Sub's options to give him antizone while figuring out some sort of setups.

Noticed something with havik today,he seems to have different frame data in terms of recovery on hit of his blood ball special(bf1) depending on if you are connected to the games server or playing offline.

Im playing on PC/steam so if someone on consoles(if its possible to play offline on console)can test it and see if there is a difference there aswell,others on pc also to see if it happens for you

Basically makes certain conversions impossible as well as making some combos extremly difficult to land.

this corner combo is kind of a tight timing but still consistent once you get the timing down,but it doesnt work once you are connected to the games server its immpossible to land,you cant get the third bf1 after standing 2 to hit,either the recovery on hit or the hit reaction itself seems to be different depending on online/offline and the combo doesnt work

midscreen combo,the part where you are supposed to land the b2 becomes extremly tight to the point where you land it like 1 in 30 times once connected the the games server,yet offline its super easy to land.

very curious if you guys could test for yourselfs on pc and console aswell,becauee this shouldnt happen,the version of the game should be the same patch no matter if you are offline or online and there should be no differenc in the moves
Things like this make me believe that Havik is unfinished even more.

fr stack

Change your kombo route to 22 bf1 2 bf1 2 bf1 and see if that is more consistent stand 2 has a nice vertical hitbox

fr stack

I feel like Kano has a good synergy with Havik. Knives allow him to combo into db1. Ball can help with setting up neck snap (smt like air 24 into ball then snap) or just help him around with zoning. But he's gonna have some issues with zoning I guess, like Sindel or Shang is gonna give him hell. I'm looking into Motaro & Sub's options to give him antizone while figuring out some sort of setups.
Sub neutralises shang its hilarious they dont know what to do when u apply it properly, sindel can still wreck without her fireballs tho

Change your kombo route to 22 bf1 2 bf1 2 bf1 and see if that is more consistent stand 2 has a nice vertical hitbox
i will try it out but the thing is,the combo i have outlined is consistent and pretty easy once you get the timing down and seems to be his highest solo meterless dmg,the issue is it doesnt work online,and by online i dont mean lagg or playing in online sets,his bf1 recovery changes by simply being connected to the games server,so you go to practice mode and try the combo and it doesnt work,but when you are in offline mode the combo works.Its similair to the situation with sub zero posted here as well,where his combo works for player 1 but if a player 2 tries to do the same combo it doesnt work,for havik its just offline mode/connected to the server which is even more puzzling to me

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
New bit of tech for Havik

You can extend the range of both B2 and F4 by plinking block + B2/F4 (tapping block just before)

In some combos this removes the need for forward dashes, making stuff like his meterless Cyrax optimal much easier to land.
And even though the range increase isn't game breaking it should make whiff punishing people with B22 easier as well.

Not sure if this is also possible with some other characters' moves too...

fr stack

You can extend the range of both B2 and F4 by plinking block + B2/F4 (tapping block just before)

In some combos this removes the need for forward dashes, making stuff like his meterless Cyrax optimal much easier to land.
And even though the range increase isn't game breaking it should make whiff punishing people with B22 easier as well.

Ive been having questions about this move and this explains it good shit , also are you monkey martian or is it someone else i like the kombo vids

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Ive been having questions about this move and this explains it good shit , also are you monkey martian or is it someone else i like the kombo vids
Yeah it's me and thanks, I made my TYM account way before I made the youtube channel and I like the Squid Quan pp too much to change my name on here lol

This is very interesting,and it makes for a new conversion to be possible that previously only worked in offline mode.

22xxbf1,b2xxbf1,bf2 317dmg
i was thinking its going to make the full 22xxbf1,f1xxbf1,b2,bf2 work while being connected to the serve consistently but its the same and its still almost impossible to hit.

Dayvon

Noob
Ceo Taku ( over 125 players) had 3 Haviks in top 8. Kameos used were Cryax, Sector and Sub Zero. Stryker's Havik won the tournament.

Just got my shit rocked by... another Havik. How demoralising it is when someone else can do things with the character and it just works.

Observation- BF3 into Laos teleport assist to a J3 in the air seems really good. Lao in general feels pretty good for havik

Low hat on b22 block confirms and 22 mix is oppressive.

Spin gets ~3%is damage for BnBs.

And of course the aforementioned teleport shenanigans on his high recovery moves