What's new

Havik General Discussion

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Havik has a cheeky little corpse hop off of 21 on hit , just input b2 as soon as u can , it would work best with a good ambush kameo im thinking sektors missile or strykers grenades , gonna mess about and see how it works in real fights

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Is Stryker still the best Kameo? Or is there some new stuff coming up after the recent changes
The buffs to Sub & Scorpion Kameo have made them really good options but yeah Stryker is probably still the best. There was also a player who made top 32 with Havik/Jax at DreamHack recently but idk if I see that many people picking Jax over Stryker/Sub/Scorpion/Kano etc.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
The thing is Stryker has the nades to keep us safe after everything, theyre mid, hit twice and we can use them defensively too. He also gives us mix which havik desperately needs. Once you start playing good players who know the matchup it’s hard to open them up without throws. So being able to mixup safely off our strings is a huge plus for mind games.

With Kano we have to resort to throwing a lot as he adds no mixups. We can stay safe with Kano all day but unless you’re going for chip dmg or your opponent likes to press on your turn, Stryker is better offensively and probably defensively too.

Last KL I was having a lot of fun with Havik/sareena. I feel like she’s underrated with havik. I didn’t use her so much for combo extensions (but it’s hella nice to combo from max range f4) but mainly for her meter drain. Havik’s grab with sareena meter steal takes a full bar from the opponent and sareena safely disappears. Bf2 sareena meter drain takes just over half of their bar but sareena’s not safe.

the real fun was corner combos with meter drain. Starter into bf1 2bf1 R1 22 bf2. Takes a full bar and sareena is safe. Super easy to optimize too, like ending in db4 and just calling sareena slightly earlier.

she compliments his zoning really well too. Her forward kameo projectile recovers super fast. Full screen back kameo call gave me time to put a projectile on the screen.

Overall the gameplan with this pairing is to just never allow my opponent to have breaker. Synergizes with EN bf2 very very well.

Last KL I was having a lot of fun with Havik/sareena. I feel like she’s underrated with havik. I didn’t use her so much for combo extensions (but it’s hella nice to combo from max range f4) but mainly for her meter drain. Havik’s grab with sareena meter steal takes a full bar from the opponent and sareena safely disappears. Bf2 sareena meter drain takes just over half of their bar but sareena’s not safe.

the real fun was corner combos with meter drain. Starter into bf1 2bf1 R1 22 bf2. Takes a full bar and sareena is safe. Super easy to optimize too, like ending in db4 and just calling sareena slightly earlier.

she compliments his zoning really well too. Her forward kameo projectile recovers super fast. Full screen back kameo call gave me time to put a projectile on the screen.

Overall the gameplan with this pairing is to just never allow my opponent to have breaker. Synergizes with EN bf2 very very well.
Man I haven't tried her yet. I fell like havik really plays well with a lot of kameos. This is good information dude/dudette. Lol I don't want to be disrespectful to you if your a woman or whatever. Lol

I really think Jax might be a top 3-4 kameo for Havik. Stryker is probably still his best and sub is almost required for some matchups, but the damage jax allows is very strong+the extra health+better chip sequences with ground pound.
You can legit just play to chip people out if they don’t want to get opened up. String into DB4 covered by ground pound is 12%, you’ll do 2% damage to yourself but even if they flawless block DB4 they’re gonna take more damage than you. There’s ways to avoid the ground pound there but it creates a scramble on their wakeup to avoid jax.

Jax also lets you get tether off at safer distances if you call jax in after BF2 and then back up while he throws them forward. I just don’t really see a reason to use scorpion over jax when jax offers the same damage while providing other things as well.

I've been using this pair for matchups where Sub Zero isn't really needed. Forward Kameo gives you a good fast check from full screen and goes well with bf1 zoning. Also damage isn't half bad, you get ~35% with every touch, especially with max range b22 & f4 which tend to make bf1 whiff. She also gives him a wakeup which isn't that helpful but still an extra option that may come in clutch.

Last edited:

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Havik vs Johnny with KHAMELEON sets

This kameo does a lot for Havik tbh. Can cancel any buttons or specials into kitana fan lift for safety or corner escape/spacing. Or obviously fullscreen projectile jump-in. The (mostly) safe corner escape is incredible tbh can do it off any blocked normals and I think it has a hit of armor??? Correct me if I’m wrong. Also back throw combo is possible with fan lift but hard to time consistently.

Turns B22 into a 50/50 with ball roll. Full combo on the low B224 with mileena sais. Sais extend other combos too I need to lab the corner combo, I’m sure you can get the @QuanCheesy enhanced projectile setup in the corner with sais.

Jade boomerangs are insane, better than sareena because it’s a mid. Basically opponents have to hold it from a safe distance which you can continue to zone or wave dash in for block pressure. On hit it’s 35-40%. Projectile immunity option as well.

Kameo is so much fun.

fr stack

Anyone interested in khameleon , this havik player uploaded a good quick rundown , some nice mixups and mobility by the looks of things .. ill stick with the darius/sub/stryker kombo for now though

Digestia

Noob
Its armoured so she cant lift him try it with bf 3 instead maybe
It's more the fact that the damage buff is applied by Khameleon hitting Havik with the lift. Similarly, it destroys his tether and his EX bf1 just like normal hits would.

IIRC the arm is unbreakable. I wonder if there's any situation where you could smack em with a 22% damage unbreakable move in a combo?

Regardless, very nice chip on that slap.

fr stack

It's more the fact that the damage buff is applied by Khameleon hitting Havik with the lift. Similarly, it destroys his tether and his EX bf1 just like normal hits would.

IIRC the arm is unbreakable. I wonder if there's any situation where you could smack em with a 22% damage unbreakable move in a combo?

Regardless, very nice chip on that slap.
You can do that with jax , i havent labbed it too much but set opponent to armour wake up end your kombo in jump in 212 neutral kameo d4 ex db1 , the more hits their wakeup can do the higher the unbreakable unblockable damage becomes , with one hits absorbed its 25 ish percent

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Havik needs a faster mid. Would it be too op if f1 was a mid? Havik has a +6 on block string that he pretty much can do nothing with. You get poked out of any high, his low is too slow his mid is too slow, his backdash gets poked here, he can throw but it can be duck os’d………

I find myself having to d1 here to make people respect how plus 21 is. Then if they block the d1 turn over.

fr stack

Havik needs a faster mid. Would it be too op if f1 was a mid? Havik has a +6 on block string that he pretty much can do nothing with. You get poked out of any high, his low is too slow his mid is too slow, his backdash gets poked here, he can throw but it can be duck os’d………

I find myself having to d1 here to make people respect how plus 21 is. Then if they block the d1 turn over.
Fix the female hurtbox bullshit , thats the problem , i dunno why but it only really whiffs vs ashrah .. the 1 of 21 is supposed to hit mid .. otherwise i abuse this move a lot ,, 21 poke .21 high. 21 neutral jump. 21 backdash and 21 armour , each option requires you to read the opponents reactions to it though , some days it feels ass others its godlike