What's new

GiantBomb Interviews Hector - Tournament Players to be involved in marketing campaign and more!

LOL just noticed that for shits they put every single character in this banner in the often mocked female comic book pose that lets you see both their ass and chest. Even Grundy!
Who cares man?
The most disturbing part about the picture is that the Flash has the best ass...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Who cares man?
The most disturbing part about the picture is that the Flash has the best ass...
Was their ever any doubt? He's a runner and leg dudes always get that. Nightwing trumps him though with gymnast booty. Their clash animation is them running backwards at each other while the entire female cast stares in awe at their backsides.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Can I get a Raven, StarFire, and Zatanna reveal already?:( But yeah I'm hype for this game. I got it on pre-order from Amazon. I'm ready for it. It's a huge upgrade from MK9. It's insane how smart NRS is and how willing they are to create a bridge between casual and hardcore players. But when I look at the main roster I feel Grundy may be my guy, since I heard he plays like major Jackson Briggs. I also here he has lots of grabs. But who knows....I may play Cybrog, since I'm known for playing black characters.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Can I get a Raven, StarFire, and Zatanna reveal already?:( But yeah I'm hype for this game. I got it on pre-order from Amazon. I'm ready for it. It's a huge upgrade from MK9. It's insane how smart NRS is and how willing they are to create a bridge between casual and hardcore players. But when I look at the main roster I feel Grundy may be my guy, since I heard he plays like major Jackson Briggs. I also here he has lots of grabs. But who knows....I may play Cybrog, since I'm known for playing black characters.
Grundy has definitely peaked my interest as well.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im betting Bane will be a badass grappler. I can't wait to see him...or DOOMSDAY!

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
huh? there has never been a grappler in an mk game before, unless you count run thru someone and jab in umk3 with cyrax/r.smoke.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
huh? there has never been a grappler in an mk game before, unless you count run thru someone and jab in umk3 with cyrax/r.smoke.
Not grappler, but just annoying blockable throws like Sheeva and to a lesser extent Jax.

How can they say "high level" when the game isn't even out yet.
He was talking about the studio devs.
They developed the game and know what does what O_O
So the studios best Batman would then be fighting against the studios best Bane to showcase what you're able to do, if you know the combos and stuff like that.

Obviously it's the best we can get at this moment. When TylerLantern starts figuring out the game, the dev-combos we're about to see will become childs play.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
He was talking about the studio devs.
They developed the game and know what does what O_O
So the studios best Batman would then be fighting against the studios best Bane to showcase what you're able to do, if you know the combos and stuff like that.

Obviously it's the best we can get at this moment. When TylerLantern starts figuring out the game, the dev-combos we're about to see will become childs play.
Really? 'cause I'm sure they knew EVERYTHING about MK9 when it came out.which is why 5 patches was SURELY unnecessary.

No, friend, a fighting game takes YEARS to develop. Why is it that we're still discovering tech until now?Tech that's clearly unintentional AKA glitches.

If bane's gonna be a traditional grappler I may pick him up. Love watching zangief, and JC might as well be a grappler.

If he's got shit for footsies though then forget it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Just curious, what is negative edge? I know I sound like a total derp.
Normally, you press a button, you get an input. So you press 1, and the game "hears" 1 and then your character punches. In some games when you release that button a second later, the game hears another 1 press. That's whats called the negative edge, the second phantom input.

Genrally, Negative edge is ignored for normal attacks, to keep players from accidentally triggering two punches for one button press. But sometimes the negative edge input is used to make special move cancelling (ie: punch xx special) easier. So you press 1, hold on to the button while your character is punching and move the stick from down to forward, then release the 1. Now, even though you only pressed the button once, the game "heard" 1, qcf, 1 and you get your standing jab cancelled into a fireball the same as if you'd done it the hard way.

trufenix

bye felicia
Alright, so that kind of goes with having to chop out some of the inputs when using Kabal's 2ndc pressure, yes? That makes sense to me. Thanks.
yeah, MK9 has a really poor interpretation of it, but then it has input problems out the wazoo, so its no surprise but its been around forever. From SF2:WW til now. Hell, some games like KI and Primal Rage even have negative edge only moves that only execute if you hold the button then do the motion and release.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
How can they say "high level" when the game isn't even out yet.
If you're talking about the high level players playing each other for the marketing thing, I'm sure they're referring to high level players from MK9 or other fighters. They wouldn't refer to themselves as high level players.