What's new

GiantBomb Interviews Hector - Tournament Players to be involved in marketing campaign and more!

GiantBomb recently posted an interview with NetherRealm Studios producer, Hector Sanchez. In this video we see bits of new game-play to start out that gives us all an idea of how crisp the game is beginning to look... meaning, we're getting very close to April. Aside from some of the known features Injustice will have like frame data, Hector goes over details concerning their new practice mode as well as online practice mode and much more. He also mentions that tournament players will be involved in a new marketing campaign that will take off in about a month. What this will be focuses on is the whole "who would win?" between comic book guys like Kevin Smith while checking out hardcore tournament player match footage. This and much more, here!
dc4.jpg
Our notes:
  • You can toggle Negative Edge (so the release of an input doesn't count)
  • In Game Frame Data for, Normals, Specials, Strings, Recovery, Start Up. (Unsure about advantage/disadvantage)
  • Practice Mode will let you record your inputs and apply them to the AI
  • Online Practice Mode
  • Improved hotfix system from MK9, so balancing can be applied more in-depth
  • Huge MARKETING campaign coming soon for Injustice that will involve a "Who will win between X or Y character, where the public votes on who they think will win, and at the end an actual MATCH will be played out by HIGH LEVEL players that NRS is bringing in to determine the Winner. Example: Who will win between Batman and Superman? You vote, than high level gameplay will be released to see the result.
  • Celebs and personalities are getting involved in this marketing Campaign.
  • BAT TOPS
  • Lots of community input went into Injustice
  • NRS hopes INJUSTICE to reach the level of MK9 3-4 years down the road, where it's at EVO and people are finding tech.
  • MERICA!
Edited by STORMS*
Credit: TRMK

Attachments

So far info.

You can toggle Negative Edge (so the release of a command doesn't count as an Input)

In game frame data for, Normals, Specials, Strings, Start Up, Recovery, (Unsure on Cancel Advantage or Block Adv/Disadv)

Practice mode will let you record inputs and apply them to the AI.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This is now officially a must-purchase. People need to give NRS credit; they listened to a ton of feedback and actually implemented it quickly. As a fan, that's all you can ask for.

I'm not a math major, but here's my formula:

Revamped practice mode w/ AI record + online practice mode + trades + better combo system + frame data + negative edge toggle + balance tweaks without patch + optional stage interactions + input bugs fixed = preorder.

'Hold dat'.

is it just me or does gameplay seem faster?
It's always had that pace, it's just the trailers and such aren't 60 FPS. If you download the 60FPS versions or watch Cam Footage with a good camera from events, you'll see that it's pretty darn fast.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Man that was a freakin' awesome interview. Hector and Jeff were both great and some new gameplay footage is always the tits in my book.

So hype! Thanks TC.

SZSR

Noob
So he confirmed DLC and they have a better way of getting it online than compatibility packs. I wanna see how this works besides the "you can't get online unless you download this".

EDIT: Lol, Jeff Gerstmann calling out NRS for leaking the dev kits last year.

So he confirmed DLC and they have a better way of getting it online than compatibility packs. I wanna see how this works besides the "you can't get online unless you download this".
It's pretty straight forward, you can't go to XBL/PSN, it'll most likely lead you to the screen where you have to download the pack you don't have after a character is released.

If you have character 1 downloaded and 2/3 are released, you have to go DL 2/3 or you can't go online.

SZSR

Noob
That is exactly how it works, nothing else to it, and is the best way to go about it.
It's pretty straight forward, you can't go to XBL, it'll most likely lead you to the screen where you have to download the pack you don't have after a character is released.
I guess since the nice way didn't work that well last time I appreciate the new approach on this.