What's new

Enhanced wake up moves have 20 frames of invincibility

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
First post says that AI does not have the 20 frames of invincibility.
Oh, I misunderstood the post. For some reason I had it in my head that the AI just didn't exercise the option to have an invincible wakeup. I now realize that that is idiotic. -_____________-

Why? It doesn't matter much, but it makes no sense... AI is stupid
Really? YES IT DOES
Example, noob knock down reptile. Reptile uses ex invinsibility to pass the next clone, then reptile can dash in for pressure.
Kitana we know now can get out of the corner because the ex ass move is 20 frame. How are these things not a big deal?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Really? YES IT DOES
Example, noob knock down reptile. Reptile uses ex invinsibility to pass the next clone, then reptile can dash in for pressure.
Kitana we know now can get out of the corner because the ex ass move is 20 frame. How are these things not a big deal?
Now I'm questioning if I really *have* ever had EX ass punished when getting out of the corner. I feel like I've been punished for trying it before, though.

Now I'm questioning if I really *have* ever had EX ass punished when getting out of the corner. I feel like I've been punished for trying it before, though.
well, the wake up system works like this. This is just an example btw, lets say you have 20 frame from down to get up. If you are on point by frame 1, then you have 20 frame of invisibility. If you do it on frame 5, then you have 15. If 10 then you have 10. So you can if you are not on point

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Really? YES IT DOES
At MLG there were a couple of times where someone's EX wake-up beat out an X-Ray.

I'm sorry, I should have specified. I meant why doesn't the AI react the same? Of course I understand the invincible wake up is important.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Somberness, do you have any idea why Sektors teleport is punishable sometimes and at other times its safe, meaning he doesnt spin in a ball midair? Is it simply because one is the EX version and the other isnt? Sorry if this has already been asked

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm sorry, I should have specified. I meant why doesn't the AI react the same? Of course I understand the invincible wake up is important.
MK9 AI is extremely glitchy.

AI Reptile, for example, retains Reptile's EX dash as a wakeup attack, even though this was removed during development.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
This is compared to regular moves that have only 11. The deal is that the AI does not take advantage of the extra frames, but human players do. Here is a video showing a 1 vs 1 match where the enhanced wake up gets hit on the 20th frame of the attack and yet it nullifies the projectile. It is actually in versus mode, just having the infinite meter code on and the timer off.
Thanks to Playpal for pointing it out.
do this work with ex projectile moves like shang's ex ground skulls or ex straight skulls?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Are you sure it is not just extra frames of projectile invulnerability? And not full invincibility

Somberness

Lights
well, the wake up system works like this. This is just an example btw, lets say you have 20 frame from down to get up. If you are on point by frame 1, then you have 20 frame of invisibility. If you do it on frame 5, then you have 15. If 10 then you have 10. So you can if you are not on point
It's a set limit, if you see wake up attack at the bottom, then you got all of it.
Get kicked out of EX~Smoke towards like 80% of the time waking up in the corner, is this just me being bad?
I think it could run out if crossed up but I'm not sure. I've seen similar things but that's going to be hard for me to test.
Somberness, do you have any idea why Sektors teleport is punishable sometimes and at other times its safe, meaning he doesnt spin in a ball midair? Is it simply because one is the EX version and the other isnt? Sorry if this has already been asked
Yes.
do this work with ex projectile moves like shang's ex ground skulls or ex straight skulls?
Yep.
Are you sure it is not just extra frames of projectile invulnerability? And not full invincibility
Playpal actually posted a video showing that it works for normal attacks too.
The move is -4, the down 4 should always hit him out of the enhanced teleport if it only had 11 frames of inv.
how can this be true if i have been hit out of and poked out of ex dash countless times???
See above, it isn't a wake up attack. It has to say wake up attack!
sorry if it's already adressed, but why do i get poked out of jade's ex glow/ex overhead on wakeup?
AestheticLove, any examples?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This explains why Sektor's EX Tele can avoid attacks better than regular Tele kan.. I always knew EX Tele had more invincibility frames.. I just didn't know how much.

This raises more questions, why is it then that Scorpion and Sektor can be hit out of their Enhanced Ports on wake up?

Scorpion's Flameport takes exactly 20 frames before switching sides. That means he should be safe.
Sektor's frame data doesn't have separate frames when going underground and then popping up, but I don't it takes him more than 20 frames as well.
EX Tele is 31 frames.. And it takes much longer to go down than it does to go up and hit. So it makes sense for Sektor.

NariTuba

disMember
Somberness I remember Tom Brady stating at some point that you lose the invincibility on wake up if you tech roll first. This would explain why Kitana was getting stuffed out of her Ex wake ups in the video on page 2 of this thread. In this case, the extra invincibility could be like Dizzy said, projectile only. Ever tested that?

Also, on the Sektor teleuppercut, what do you mean the move is -4? The data says 31 frame startup but that's because it switches sides and all I assume, how big is the frame window in which he is on screen, able to get hit?

Somberness I remember Tom Brady stating at some point that you lose the invincibility on wake up if you tech roll first. This would explain why Kitana was getting stuffed out of her Ex wake ups in the video on page 2 of this thread. In this case, the extra invincibility could be like Dizzy said, projectile only. Ever tested that?

Also, on the Sektor teleuppercut, what do you mean the move is -4? The data says 31 frame startup but that's because it switches sides and all I assume, how big is the frame window in which he is on screen, able to get hit?
AI does not have the 20 frames of invincibility, only 11. First post has already said that.

In my video, I use noob's B12f4, which is -4 on hit. Follow up d4 snuffs out wake up tele but not wake up ex tele.

NariTuba

disMember
AI does not have the 20 frames of invincibility, only 11. First post has already said that.
Firts post seems to INFER that Exwakeup attacks performed by a human have 20 frames of invincibility because Mileena gets hit on the 20th frame. Its a deduction based on an observation. I'm wondering (just as Dizzy did) whether this is the correct inferrence to make. I understand the OP says what is says :p

We know that because b12f4 is -4, the d4 has an execution of 16 frames before becoming active (provided you just frame it). We also know Teleport has 31 frames of startup, so my question is how many of those frames is Sektor on screen before switching sides? We need that number in order to do the math. Regular tele and Ex tele have different startups (29f & 31f), how are those frames distributed as far as being in front and behind, how do they differ?

The reason Im asking this is because I remember stuffing Sektor out of his Extele on wakeup and 100% know Ive stuffed the Exflamethrower with JC f33. FT has 18 frames of startup, which would be totally invincible if he had 20 frames but interruptible if he had 11.

Your video shows that a d4 follow up to noobs b12f4 stuffs Sektor wakup tele but not his Extele. Its not enough by itself to conclusively determine that all Exwakeups in the game have 20 frames of invincibility. Unless you know the frames on the window for Sektor's tele to be stuffed in (and differences between normal and Ex), you recorded the video at 60fps, and made sure every d4 in it is just framed.

Somberness

Lights
Firts post seems to INFER that Exwakeup attacks performed by a human have 20 frames of invincibility because Mileena gets hit on the 20th frame. Its a deduction based on an observation. I'm wondering (just as Dizzy did) whether this is the correct inferrence to make. I understand the OP says what is says :p

We know that because b12f4 is -4, the d4 has an execution of 16 frames before becoming active (provided you just frame it). We also know Teleport has 31 frames of startup, so my question is how many of those frames is Sektor on screen before switching sides? We need that number in order to do the math. Regular tele and Ex tele have different startups (29f & 31f), how are those frames distributed as far as being in front and behind, how do they differ?

The reason Im asking this is because I remember stuffing Sektor out of his Extele on wakeup and 100% know Ive stuffed the Exflamethrower with JC f33. FT has 18 frames of startup, which would be totally invincible if he had 20 frames but interruptible if he had 11.

Your video shows that a d4 follow up to noobs b12f4 stuffs Sektor wakup tele but not his Extele. Its not enough by itself to conclusively determine that all Exwakeups in the game have 20 frames of invincibility. Unless you know the frames on the window for Sektor's tele to be stuffed in (and differences between normal and Ex), you recorded the video at 60fps, and made sure every d4 in it is just framed.
It does not matter how long it takes for him to leave the screen or whether the attack is just framed. The down 4 should always hit him out of it because either the invincibility would run out (4+at least 12), or the wake up window would end and a wake up attack would not be possible. I downloaded the video and even though the video is 30fps, I can still tell the attack should have connected if it only had regular invincibility. So please, if anybody has any video evidence of anything getting stuffed, do me/us a favor and post them.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So please, if anybody has any video evidence of anything getting stuffed, do me/us a favor and post them.
yea come on guys Somberness has never steered us wrong before,
not that anything he says should go unquestioned but he has video proof of his findings to back up what hes saying,just like with the whole P1 adv thing

so instead of comments like "well ive been knocked outta an ex" and "ive snuffed that before" ,
test and record in the same way he did so we may discuss the findings

GhosT

Noob
how can this be true if i have been hit out of and poked out of ex dash countless times???
Its because reptiles dash isn't a true wakeup. Its a fast special that is basically a wakeup when timed right, but if you notice bottom right corner in practice mode, when you wakeup it will say wakeup attack or w.e for the valid wakeup moves. I think this is why it gets no invincibility. Also i think its not a true 20 frames from reading. I believe you get a smaller amount of invincibility due to the fact that you won't always wakeup on the first frame possible. This reducing the period from say 20 down to 15 or 10 or 5 frames, which would make it easier to be poked out of.

This would explain why i was thinking this wasn't true, because i didn't understand the invincibility frames don't start when you do the EX wakeup, but when your on the ground. Am i understanding this correctly people ?