What's new

Enhanced wake up moves have 20 frames of invincibility

Somberness

Lights
This is compared to regular moves that have only 11. The deal is that the AI does not take advantage of the extra frames, but human players do. Here is a video showing a 1 vs 1 match where the enhanced wake up gets hit on the 20th frame of the attack and yet it nullifies the projectile. It is actually in versus mode, just having the infinite meter code on and the timer off.
Thanks to Playpal for pointing it out.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
This raises more questions, why is it then that Scorpion and Sektor can be hit out of their Enhanced Ports on wake up?

Scorpion's Flameport takes exactly 20 frames before switching sides. That means he should be safe.
Sektor's frame data doesn't have separate frames when going underground and then popping up, but I don't it takes him more than 20 frames as well.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
This is compared to regular moves that have only 11. The deal is that the AI does not take advantage of the extra frames, but human players do. Here is a video showing a 1 vs 1 match where the enhanced wake up gets hit on the 20th frame of the attack and yet it nullifies the projectile. It is actually in versus mode, just having the infinite meter code on and the timer off.
This was like watching Planet Earth. Beautiful.

Somberness

Lights
This raises more questions, why is it then that Scorpion and Sektor can be hit out of their Enhanced Ports on wake up?

Scorpion's Flameport takes exactly 20 frames before switching sides. That means he should be safe.
Sektor's frame data doesn't have separate frames when going underground and then popping up, but I don't it takes him more than 20 frames as well.
Were they done as a wake up attack? I noticed that sometimes I think I did one, but I actually stood up first and didn't get the invincibility. It seems consistent, but you can never tell with this game.
I knew it! I effin knew it lol. Thank you Somberness.
Thanks to Playpal, for several things actually.
Eddy Wang, I don't know.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Were they done as a wake up attack? I noticed that sometimes I think I did one, but I actually stood up first and didn't get the invincibility. It seems consistent, but you can never tell with this game.

Thanks to Playpal, for several things actually.
Eddy Wang, I don't know.
Then thanks to playpal then too. this is godlike information that is gonna raise the meta game to a lot higher level in my opinion.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Somberness
just to confirm somethiung please, does this applies to every enhanced wake up in the game or just certain ones?

if true, would baraka's ex spin which has a startup of 7 would also have 13 frames invincibility while active?

Somberness
just to confirm somethiung please, does this applies to every enhanced wake up in the game or just certain ones?

if true, would baraka's ex spin which has a startup of 7 would also have 13 frames invincibility while active?
Wake up attacks don't have invincibility aftduring active frames. This only applies to start up.

Or it could be that wake up attacks lose invincibility after hitting the opponent.

Espio

Kokomo
are people going to finally believe me now when i say kitana's ex pretty kick goes through rep fb setups on wakeup?
I believed you, I've done this before on accident myself when I played Kitana if I recall correctly, it's pretty dope.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
So, is it possible for Reptile to do wake up :ex Invisibility through a projectile?

GhosT

Noob
Noob question: why do downpokes stuff EX wake-up attacks if they're invincible for 20 frames?

This... I notice some ex non armor moves get destroyed by pokes or fast normals. Is there a time frame before your 20 frames are active. Then some ex wake ups like rains lightning seem to always get the invincibility. Confused by why some wake ups don't. Like sektors ex tele for one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk