What's new

Tech Cyborg Technology Development Thread

KHAOTIC_xWULFx

Cyborg's Savior
Hey im new to TYM but I play cyborg and am on PSN: NorCal_Wolf and I have alot of combos, trait combos and of bunch of tech ive been hidden for a long time but I think now is the time to reveal it with the cyborg community so please add me!!

I wish I had the execution I feel is needed to play Cyborg. You can't just zone. You have to constantly be moving and setting up stuff. Thats how i feel anyway. Sure some matches you can zone to your hearts desire, but in order to make him top 8 viable he needs to constantly work for set ups.
Many would argue that, even then, he wouldn't be top 8 viable.

We'll never know until we see someone who plays Cyborg as more than just a zoner.
But that's the trouble, he doesn't really have the tools to be more than just a zoner. All his useful strings are duckable and/or interruptible. I enjoy playing as Cyborg, but it's probably just because I use him online where people either don't know how to punish him for mounting an offense, or can't because of lag.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I wish I had the execution I feel is needed to play Cyborg. You can't just zone. You have to constantly be moving and setting up stuff. Thats how i feel anyway. Sure some matches you can zone to your hearts desire, but in order to make him top 8 viable he needs to constantly work for set ups.
Cyborg is not top 8 viable (meaning he can compete/has a chance of winning a tournament on his own accord). Only if bracketology is super in your favor, which is very improbable.

He is good in pools and top 32/16. Then maybe a MU here and there in top 8. Even then it is risky.

Look at @Nightmare0900 a very good cyborg player, but ran into MMH 2x in his SCR pools. That is all it takes to end your tourney life. I feel for him and all Cyborg players.

Cyborg is not top 8 viable (meaning he can compete/has a chance of winning a tournament on his own accord). Only if bracketology is super in your favor, which is very improbable.

He is good in pools and top 32/16. Then maybe a MU here and there in top 8. Even then it is risky.

Look at @Nightmare0900 a very good cyborg player, but ran into MMH 2x in his SCR pools. That is all it takes to end your tourney life. I feel for him and all Cyborg players.
Yea thats a pretty bad match up. What are his worst ones these days? MMH, Sinestro, Zod?

InFlames

dead
Hitting 112 at the lowest frame during a wall combo gives you enough advantage for a free TA and a meaty 112 string. You can stuff wake ups with 2 nova blast(hold) into TA hit and they cant jump out of any of it even if they block the first part.

They can't interrupt 11 with anything, they can interrupt 112 with d1 but the TA will hit them before they recover into a combo. d2 beats this though.

and if the 112 hits it combos into TA.

also you can do 3 grapple after TA to armor out of slow invincible wake ups.

Is this setup known already?

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Hitting 112 at the lowest frame during a wall combo gives you enough advantage for a free TA and a meaty 112 string. You can stuff wake ups with 2 nova blast(hold) into TA hit and they cant jump out of any of it even if they block the first part.

They can't interrupt 11 with anything, they can interrupt 112 with d1 but the TA will hit them before they recover into a combo. d2 beats this though.

and if the 112 hits it combos into TA.

also you can do 3 grapple after TA to armor out of slow invincible wake ups.

Is this setup known already?
Video please

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Found something interesting: when ending a juggle combo, doing 11xxSDxxf-dash then neutral-j2 can lead to an ambiguous cross-up situation. The dash distance can be tweaked a bit, and so you can control which side you land on. Also, found some cool PFmb stuff (which ends in the same ambiguous cross-up situation).

Long live the borg!

This is good, but you can just do the same setup out of 113xxTA, can't you? Which might actually be better, because they're forced to either roll and wakeup, giving you more time, or to stand and be at disadvantage.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm just curious but does anyone else think The fortress of Solitude might be his best stage? He has a stage bounce, and good corner interactables on both sides he can abuse. Not to mention the Phantom zone portal on the right side lets you use his trait while they are suspended in the air. It could also give his corner damage an unclashable b3 stage reset and it lets you combo off full screen NB if your opponent gets hit in the air with one or a TA.

Mix-Up CJ

@MIxUp_CJ
I agree with you perfectly. You need to move constantly and execute well too. Varying his setups also works more often cause that way your opponent doesn't get an easy read on what's gonna happen. Personally I don't enjoy playing the zoning style and I'm constantly working on getting in on the opponent.

I'm working on making a vid on some stuff I've found on the Borg and I hope it will help evolve this beastly machine. Booyah!

Last edited:
I agree with you perfectly. You need to move constantly and execute well too. Varying his setups also works more often cause that way your opponent doesn't get an easy read on what's gonna happen. Personally I don't enjoy playing the zoning style and I'm constantly working on getting in on the opponent.

I'm working on making a vid on some stuff I've found on the Borg and I hope it will help evolve this beastly machine. Booyah!
I've been taking a lot of shit for my "Rush down Cyborg" style, but when that shit becomes a thing I want my credit @Revolver @Flux.

What is your 'rush down' style?
I just try to stay in their face. cancel SD's by dashing then IAFB, the hook, or tackle. I pretty much never zone. maybe a few IAFB here and there if i can get away with it. I just want to stay dashing and using SD/SD cancels. But then in like the GL/Raven match up you have to go about it a whole different way. Its just a concept im trying out more than anything.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I just try to stay in their face. cancel SD's by dashing then IAFB, the hook, or tackle. I pretty much never zone. maybe a few IAFB here and there if i can get away with it. I just want to stay dashing and using SD/SD cancels. But then in like the GL/Raven match up you have to go about it a whole different way. Its just a concept im trying out more than anything.
Not gonna lie, I try that out too. Sometimes it works XD @imblackjames @macro @Enuma Elish

And you will get it bro... just keep at it like we all are and I know there will be a turn around ;)

By the way I would really like to know your rush down style of play as well
Its hard to explain other than I just dont rely on zoning. I prefer to be inside even though pretty much all of his strings are either safe/interruptable. Cyborg has a saving grace in the fact that his dash is God tier and can use the invincibility to dodge a lot of stuff most of the cast can't. Like batarangs, flash dashes, joker gun shots, tridents(ground)...eh a lot of stuff. So basically if i do a d1>SD and they want to poke me i can dash out for free if they do anything else besides a d1 I can let the SD rip. Once they respect that small part of the game..the mind games ensue.

SZSR

Noob
Can this be done using HKD setups and Techno Tackle? Crathen posted this on the Shazam forums and I want to know if it has any merit for Cyborg.